Celtic in Europe - 17/18

TheCelt67

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, Bully Wee Villa said:

Celtic as good as out bearing in mind they can't win away in Europe.

Would they be seeded in the EL Playoff Round?

Its a good thing we don't need to win then to progress then isn't it ;)

We got away with it tonight, hopefully we can sneak a score draw in Norway

Celtic finally getting caught out in their arrogance of only having 2 strikers anywhere near first team football (I think Çiftçi is still around [emoji38]). "Oh well, just stick Sinclair up front" might work against Kilmarnock etc. - but they clearly underestimated Rosenborg tonight and might pay the price for it. Wouldn't be sad if they did.

We should have had at the very least a young striker on the bench. Failing to find a suitable striker is not `arrogance` though. Although given our record with strikers I wouldn't blame the board for having some more due diligence on unknown quantities.

Poor result but at least we kept a clean sheet.  The tie is certainly not over although we've left ourselves in a difficult position.  Maybe it's a bit of a wake up call that we need another striker at Celtic Park.

So every non-Celtic fan wants to see them get gubbed?

What I absolutely laugh at re this is how the Scottish media tell us just how good Celtic are and how Rosenberg are not the team they once were. So Celtic will have too much for them.

Have they not watched Scottish clubs in Europe over recent years?

It's stuff like this that irks the average supporter.

They may well get through this tie. However, Celtic are - in European terms - an average club.

5 minutes ago, gannonball said:

We should have had at the very least a young striker on the bench. Failing to find a suitable striker is not `arrogance` though. Although given our record with strikers I wouldn't blame the board for having some more due diligence on unknown quantities.

Tony Watt comes to mind in the Barca game. ^_^

Too many players out for some reason or another for my liking. Shows we don't have strength and depth in the squad in like for like cover for my liking. We need to strengthen the player pool if Celtic want to compete at any decent level in Europe and I don't mean break the bank. Just use what Celtic win in Europe for the next campaign.

Was at the game and we could easily have lost it and think ourselves lucky they never took their chances,not one player can take any top marks from that performance,would imagine they'll come out looking for the win at home after tonight's game and I'd take a score draw next week just to get this tricky tie out the way.

Maybe it's because their manager is an arrogant twat that really thinks his current team are invincible.

Think that's a bit harsh, pretty sure Rodgers will be fully aware of what he needs in his squad. The Dembele situation doesn't help. If you bring in another top class striker you won't be able to keep all 3 happy if Dembele stays. If you go and buy someone a bit below what you already have then you are gambling that you might end up with shite and you aren't better off anyway, see Cifti for reference.

Archived