Celtic in Europe - 17/18

TheCelt67

1 minute ago, AMMjag said:

Does anyone really think Celtic will progress now? Away from home in the Champions League?

It's nowhere near as foregone a conclusion as you're making out. I do think they're on the way out though.

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 minutes ago, Dindeleux said:

I would expect other posters to have already mentioned this but tonight is an example why I'd be, if I was a Celtic fan, raging with Griffiths.  His stupidity in Belfast has left Celtic short on a night they really could have done with goals.  Lucky for Griffiths he will get a free ride as the majority of Celtic fans would rather "get it up the prods" other than progress as a club both on and off the field.

Probably why no "big" team in England would ever take a punt on Griffiths too due to his daftness.  

While that's certainly true, you've got to ask why Celtic are in a position such that one striker being suspended and another injured meant that they had no recognised strikers to play at all in one of their most important games of the season. Surely a club with their resources should have another decent striker somewhere? Mind you, playing Forrest ahead of Hayes doesn't help matters.

5 minutes ago, Randy Giles said:

It's nowhere near as foregone a conclusion as you're making out. I do think they're on the way out though.

This.

If you're going to draw at home 0-0 is the best result you can have

Rosenberg still have to score in Trondheim

...I so hope they do

10 minutes ago, Dindeleux said:

I would expect other posters to have already mentioned this but tonight is an example why I'd be, if I was a Celtic fan, raging with Griffiths.  His stupidity in Belfast has left Celtic short on a night they really could have done with goals.  Lucky for Griffiths he will get a free ride as the majority of Celtic fans would rather "get it up the prods" other than progress as a club both on and off the field.

Probably why no "big" team in England would ever take a punt on Griffiths too due to his daftness.  

Great point. Me and my mate were just discussing this. Griffiths is a good player but thick as shit.

You nailed it as the fans love him for the incident in Belfast rather than be angry he made himself unavailable for tonight.

2 minutes ago, Salvo Montalbano said:

While that's certainly true, you've got to ask why Celtic are in a position such that one striker being suspended and another injured meant that they had no recognised strikers to play at all in one of their most important games of the season. Surely a club with their resources should have another decent striker somewhere? Mind you, playing Forrest ahead of Hayes doesn't help matters.

Maybe it's because their manager is an arrogant twat that really thinks his current team are invincible.

We looked like a team playing without a recognised striker.
Sinclair and Rogic didn't look at all like getting in behind, and Forrest wasn't effective enough.
Griffiths or Dembele would've caused that Rosenborg defence all sorts of problems.
Still, a clean sheet is better than a score draw.
Still Undefeated. [emoji16]

Celtic finally getting caught out in their arrogance of only having 2 strikers anywhere near first team football (I think Çiftçi is still around :lol:). "Oh well, just stick Sinclair up front" might work against Kilmarnock etc. - but they clearly underestimated Rosenborg tonight and might pay the price for it. Wouldn't be sad if they did.

0-0 isn't the worst result considering we could have lost it. I think the last 15 mins or so we decided not to go gung ho for the goal to ensure the clean sheet. We were generally better away from home last season and I think with a striker back in the team we can score over there. Not too disappointed and quietly confident we can do the job over in Norway.

25 minutes ago, Tartantony said:

Oh and James Forrest is utter shite and is the most over rated footballer I've ever seen. How some Celtic fans think he is better than Hayes I'll never know

Totally agree.

Celtic didn't do enough to win the game our delivery into a box wasn't good enough plus our creative players didn't perform,we missed a target man 
rosenborg had two real good chances to score they came with a game plan and nearly worked for them,11 men behind the ball and play on the counter
the game in Norway will be different they will need to come out and play hopefully Celtic can exploit the spaces
Celtic need a performance like the one in Germany last year.

Archived