Dundee United 2017/2018

• Replies 7.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It’s unfair to ask the Funsters to stay off this thread.  Playing a role in our relegation is the only thing of note that their team has done in the living memory of most of them.

They want to savour that fact and it’s consequences.

14 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

It’s unfair to ask the Funsters to stay off this thread.  Playing a role in our relegation is the only thing of note that their team has done in the living memory of most of them.

They want to savour that fact and it’s consequences.

Its also easier to look outwards and laugh than to look inwards and cry uncontrollably.

2 minutes ago, mishtergrolsch said:

Its also easier to look outwards and laugh than to look inwards and cry uncontrollably.

Exactly the the reason Granny jumped onto the Dundee thread to highlight Dundee’s accounts were shown as overdue on the Companies House web page.  Well said mistergrolsch.

9 minutes ago, Shadow Play said:

Exactly the the reason Granny jumped onto the Dundee thread to highlight Dundee’s accounts were shown as overdue on the Companies House web page.  Well said mistergrolsch.

Yes, unbelievable hypocrisy from the geriatric roaster.

Regarding youth Academies how much difference in cost would it be to send half a dozen quality youngsters to an elite European Academy? Rather than have 20 teenagers on the staff every year with little hope of making it. Would it be cost effective to disband the youth teams and contract out the Academy?

So... regarding the Moshni thing, is that paper talk or is there some truth in there? I believe he is training with you lot, but is that all?

Even though I'd be laughing like a drain, I wouldn't wish that sort of player on any opposition - even Morton. It's not just that he's a bad player, but also a complete liability.

So... regarding the Moshni thing, is that paper talk or is there some truth in there? I believe he is training with you lot, but is that all?
Even though I'd be laughing like a drain, I wouldn't wish that sort of player on any opposition - even Morton. It's not just that he's a bad player, but also a complete liability.

It’s weird, it’s so ridiculous that it can’t be true, but also so ridiculous that it also must be true. It’s weird how the Mail reported on it first, considering that’s its usually the Scottish Sun (ugh) that gets the exclusives for United.

49 minutes ago, Buddist Monk said:

The consensus seems to be that Paul Sturrock has arranged for him to come up for a trial and he is currently training with the squad. 

Posted by the DUSF on their Facebook page - 

DUSF obtained a copy of some of the pages of the accounts that were recently issued to shareholders and reported in the media yesterday.

Below are a few bullet points of the key information: 

Accounts year to 30/6/17 (so cover first year in Championship)

Turnover £3.5M (down from £4.6M)

Operating loss £1.4M (down from £2.5M) - £27k per week!

Player sales £482k (£1.039M)

Interest paid £69k (£64k)

Loss for the year £1.042M (£1.549M) - £2.6M lost in 2 years!

Wage costs down from £3.8M to £2.8M (80% of turnover)

Directors' remuneration £12,978 down from £109,495 so looks like ST did not take much salary in that year. There are Consultancy fees of £70k on detailed profit and loss, not clear who these were paid to

Events after the balance sheet date:
1. £772,500 earned from sell on fee (Andy Robertson)
2. Sale of GA Arena for £1M, option to buy back at same cost indefinitely. £720k of debt repaid from this leaving £280k in cash flow.

There is £948k of deferred income at the balance Sheet date that is not related to Football ground improvement grants. This is income received in advance (ie season ticket sales for season 17/18) Alarmingly only £170k is in the bank at that date, meaning the bulk of this income had been spent before the season started. 

Debt at 30/6/17 was £1.9M. The club are spinning the positives of this being down from over £7M a few years ago. Given the player sales over this period we would say that this just further highlights the gross mismanagement of the club’s finances

Archived