Pre Season Friendlies 2017/2018

Hi everyone,

I work within the Sports Media Sector and was wondering if anyone has any useful information on up coming friendlies.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers

From here - https://scottishfootballfixtures.wordpress.com/scottish-pre-season-2017/

Annan - Queen of the South (home on July 4)

Berwick - Consett (who? home on July 4), Hibs (home on July 11)

Clyde

Cowden

Edinburgh City

Elgin City - Ross County (home on July 1), Inverness (home on July 8), Celtic XI (home on July 12)

Montrose

Peterhead - Fraserburgh (away on July 8), Huntly (away on July 9)

Stenhousemuir - Queen of the South (home on July 1), Real Kashmir (home on July 8 )

Stirling Albion

Annan and Edinburgh City are also taking part in tournaments - Annan in the Raydale Cup and City in the Spartans tournament.

I presume most sides will wait until after tomorrow's cup draw to avoid having to play the same side twice.

12 hours ago, scottm426 said:

Hi everyone,

I work within the Sports Media Sector and was wondering if anyone has any useful information on up coming friendlies.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers

Do what you get paid for then and research. 

1 hour ago, Muzza81 said:

Went there once with work. Some dump in the NE of England - much like Berwick really.

Aye a once thriving steel town where people have found it hard to find alternative work over the years. 

Bit like Fife wi the pits really :shutup

Alloa manger Jim Goodwin has said in an interview that Alloa will play Stirling during pre-season, but a date has still to be decided. So I'm guessing you are right and more fixtures will be announced after the League Cup draw.

From memory, we had 2 closed door games last season and a match with Cumbernauld Colts days before the first League Cup game, and suspect this year will be along the same lines.

Alloa manger Jim Goodwin has said in an interview that Alloa will play Stirling during pre-season, but a date has still to be decided. So I'm guessing you are right and more fixtures will be announced after the League Cup draw.
From memory, we had 2 closed door games last season and a match with Cumbernauld Colts days before the first League Cup game, and suspect this year will be along the same lines.

Hope we pump those tink b*****ds, friendly or not.

• 2 weeks later...
On 01/06/2017 at 12:10, The_Pit_Owns said:

Do what you get paid for then and research. 

Not everyone researches in Sports Media,  especially me! 

• 3 weeks later...

Peterhead's game against Huntly cancelled as Huntly can't field a team.

-----------------------
THIS IS WHAT I'M LISTENING TO RIGHT NOW:
-Rapper DaBaby, dude who wears a diaper but can actually rap: www.audiomack.com/album/artist1984/billion-dollar-baby
-R.I.P. prodigy of Mobb Deep, Infamous album on repeat
-4:44 Jay-Z

2 hours ago, supersillystodpid said:

Peterhead's game against Huntly cancelled as Huntly can't field a team.

-----------------------
THIS IS WHAT I'M LISTENING TO RIGHT NOW:
-Rapper DaBaby, dude who wears a diaper but can actually rap: www.audiomack.com/album/artist1984/billion-dollar-baby
-R.I.P. prodigy of Mobb Deep, Infamous album on repeat
-4:44 Jay-Z

Huntly? Cuntly more like..

I dare say its probably Fairs Fortnight up in the North East with players on holiday but I can remember when Huntly were a top team- worrying times?

Archived