Cowdenbeath FC. 2017/18 Season

6 minutes ago, Wee Sandy said:

Remember going up there years ago with my son, on the way out some harris tweed clad Grandads complained that, " ah they Rovers fans wurr shouting at their team"!!

The decent sized home support were extremely quiet today aswell. Gives a weird atmosphere. 

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Don’t know what the game plan was , Sheerin on his own surrounded by Cove defenders? We played most of the game with ten men as Luke looked well out of it. A combination of horrendous finishing and good goalkeeping saved us today. 

We gave Cove too much respect. They have their weaknesses too and hopefully the manager will have learned something.

One thing for sure, if you don’t shoot , you don’t score and we didn’t do much shooting whereas Cove had a go and on another day they could have scored two or three. 

Something has to change for next week 

1 hour ago, Aberdeen Cowden said:

Don’t know what the game plan was , Sheerin on his own surrounded by Cove defenders? We played most of the game with ten men as Luke looked well out of it. A combination of horrendous finishing and good goalkeeping saved us today. 

We gave Cove too much respect. They have their weaknesses too and hopefully the manager will have learned something.

One thing for sure, if you don’t shoot , you don’t score and we didn’t do much shooting whereas Cove had a go and on another day they could have scored two or three. 

Something has to change for next week 

We are very lucky to still be in this tie and if Cove had been on target it could have been similar to the Spartans 1st leg 

However it was nil nil so a good bit of recognition has to go to Mcgurn from keeping a shut out and Gilfillan leading by example at the back. For me he should be wearing the Captains armband. 

We have never played up there before and the pitch was small and not great so I guess to start over again at Central Park is fine 

The second leg however we must look to look dangerous going forward as we looked very weak going forward and some of the passing and off the ball work was very low quality and we must be sharp next week and improve on these areas.  Not sure what happens in training at corners but we never seem to look a threat at corners. 

Ben Reilly should get a start as he looked to be threatening going forward 

Dejavu this Saturday and hopefully with a good crowd and atmosphere the players and Bollan can demonstrate they can do the business otherwise they go down in Scottish Football History for the wrong reasons which will not look good on their footballing CV 

We are still in it and hopefully we kick on and show why we are the SPFL team with a very proud history 

Should be a big support next week and bouncing in the old stand. Weather permitting, might get close to a few thousand this time. As said, too much respect and space given to Cove. We need Malcolm in the middle and Smith and Buchanan playing a bigger part. Poor Sheerin was left chasing lost causes most of the time. Reilly has to start. Can't understand why we play Luke. Again, as said, it was like playing a man down. With Mullen suspended, Luke playing and having to alter the team, it was actually like playing with a few men down.

6 minutes ago, PELE said:

Should be a big support next week and bouncing in the old stand. Weather permitting, might get close to a few thousand this time. As said, too much respect and space given to Cove. We need Malcolm in the middle and Smith and Buchanan playing a bigger part. Poor Sheerin was left chasing lost causes most of the time. Reilly has to start. Can't understand why we play Luke. Again, as said, it was like playing a man down. With Mullen suspended, Luke playing and having to alter the team, it was actually like playing with a few men down.

gqwvijc-1024x576.jpg

4 hours ago, Ivo den Bieman said:

David McGurn kept Cowdenbeath in the game. That and the wayward Cive forwards.

Cove should be heading down to Central Park at least two up but Cowdenbeath were obdurate.

Gave you a greenie just for "obdurate". Beautiful.

A midfield three of Buchanan, Miller and Luke was never going to work. Buchanan, Luke and Smith were completely anonymous.

Malcolm had a good game at right back but Mullen needs to come in at right back next Saturday to allow Malcolm to play in midfield with Luke dropping out.

Cove played pretty well and should have a comfortable lead. But McGurn and some awful finishing are to thank for it being goalless.

I think that's the the quietest crowd I've ever experienced at a game.

9 hours ago, The_Pit_Owns said:

A midfield three of Buchanan, Miller and Luke was never going to work. Buchanan, Luke and Smith were completely anonymous.

Malcolm had a good game at right back but Mullen needs to come in at right back next Saturday to allow Malcolm to play in midfield with Luke dropping out.

Cove played pretty well and should have a comfortable lead. But McGurn and some awful finishing are to thank for it being goalless.

I think that's the the quietest crowd I've ever experienced at a game.

Was a very similar atmosphere at EK last season. A mixture of the tension of the occasion and the fact that the non league sides support is mostly made up of people who don’t attend games usually.

Talking of atmosphere I feel we must act as the 12th man on Saturday and create a real atmosphere to help spur on the players.

Although nippy if you are sitting next to one but any idea where you get foghorns these days would certainly act as a prompt to get the fans going? 

41 minutes ago, Cowden316 said:

Talking of atmosphere I feel we must act as the 12th man on Saturday and create a real atmosphere to help spur on the players.

Although nippy if you are sitting next to one but any idea where you get foghorns these days would certainly act as a prompt to get the fans going? 

Don't think you would be allowed in with a fog horn. Just need a lot of noisy folk in the old stand like last season v EK.

22 minutes ago, cowdenbeath said:

Don't think you would be allowed in with a fog horn. Just need a lot of noisy folk in the old stand like last season v EK.

Since when did foghorns become banned? 

You should be allowed the air horns that you blow into like a trumpet. The club actually sold them themselves a few years ago. I have a few and might bring them.

32 minutes ago, PELE said:

You should be allowed the air horns that you blow into like a trumpet. The club actually sold them themselves a few years ago. I have a few and might bring them.

That would be great great if you could Pele please if the club were okay with it. Would probably recommend for use only in the old stand and the Terrace if open to supporters. Probably best to contain all supporters together to generate a great atmosphere like last season 

53 minutes ago, Cowden316 said:

That would be great great if you could Pele please if the club were okay with it. Would probably recommend for use only in the old stand and the Terrace if open to supporters. Probably best to contain all supporters together to generate a great atmosphere like last season 

Don’t come near me with one of those things.

1 hour ago, Cowden316 said:

Probably best to contain all supporters together to generate a great atmosphere like last season 

Safe to assume you'll all spend this week performing multiple rain-dances again? ;)

39 minutes ago, Aberdeen Cowden said:

Don’t come near me with one of those things.

Yeah they can be a nuisance that is why it is best contained to an area but they could encourage and prompt singing etc 

What is important next Saturday is to ensure there is no flat atmosphere and that the fans are well up for it which will hopefully rub of onto our players 

16 minutes ago, Cowden316 said:

Yeah they can be a nuisance that is why it is best contained to an area but they could encourage and prompt singing etc 

What is important next Saturday is to ensure there is no flat atmosphere and that the fans are well up for it which will hopefully rub of onto our players 

Pity it’s on same day as kelty game could it head an extra few hundred on gate 

24 minutes ago, Kelheart said:

Pity it’s on same day as kelty game could it head an extra few hundred on gate 

Yeah it is a pity as I think a few of your lot would have came to the our game and vice versa. 

23 minutes ago, Cowden316 said:

Yeah it is a pity as I think a few of your lot would have came to the our game and vice versa. 

Kelty play off is finished at 4-0

would imagine most neutrals (but not all) will end up at our game 

Archived