Cowdenbeath FC. 2017/18 Season

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Do League 2 sides spend more now than they did before the trap door was introduced? Is there any evidence for this?

Yes admitted by many clubs - several have increased playing budget by around £30k per annum - that was after the first play off Montrose v Brora as financial impact of relegation was realised. Also evident in wage amounts offered when competing for signings. Rangers playing in bottom leagues also had an inflationary effect on wages

We haven’t got the biggest crowds yet obviously but it’s going the correct way that’s for sure even in the EOS League, there’s a hardcore of 200 just now.

Bear in mind our average supporter doesn’t just pay the entrance, they fill the social club from 12pm till 9pm, Hospitality is taken most games, snack bar does a great trade. Around half our support spend a higher average than most teams as they fill our social club during a match day, it roughly generates £20-£30 per 80 Supporters per home match., every penny after drinks and electric etc is paid goes straight into the football club. Cowdenbeath take in £12 per 300 people but can’t offer much else, some of that money will probably go towards rent on the ground. It must be so tough for them.

To have a successful club it doesn’t mean you have to have the biggest support, look around any leagues in Scotland or England and you will see lots of examples of well run clubs doing well without massive fan base, we feel we would take on anyone in the Lower Leagues on an average spend per head on any Matchday. We try to create a good match experience where Sky, BT is on the big screens in both lounges then people watch the match to then return at full time.

Add that to Good Sponsors, Hospitality, Functions in Social Club, Possible £50k to £70k in payments from the SPFL, SFA and the other cup competitions IF we were to rise the divisions then you have a vibrant club providing its run properly, which we feel we are doing.

11 hours ago, kefc said:

We haven’t got the biggest crowds yet obviously but it’s going the correct way that’s for sure even in the EOS League, there’s a hardcore of 200 just now.

Bear in mind our average supporter doesn’t just pay the entrance, they fill the social club from 12pm till 9pm, Hospitality is taken most games, snack bar does a great trade. Around half our support spend a higher average than most teams as they fill our social club during a match day, it roughly generates £20-£30 per 80 Supporters per home match., every penny after drinks and electric etc is paid goes straight into the football club. Cowdenbeath take in £12 per 300 people but can’t offer much else, some of that money will probably go towards rent on the ground. It must be so tough for them.

To have a successful club it doesn’t mean you have to have the biggest support, look around any leagues in Scotland or England and you will see lots of examples of well run clubs doing well without massive fan base, we feel we would take on anyone in the Lower Leagues on an average spend per head on any Matchday. We try to create a good match experience where Sky, BT is on the big screens in both lounges then people watch the match to then return at full time.

Add that to Good Sponsors, Hospitality, Functions in Social Club, Possible £50k to £70k in payments from the SPFL, SFA and the other cup competitions IF we were to rise the divisions then you have a vibrant club providing its run properly, which we feel we are doing.

Good luck to Kelty, I hope they get up to the 2nd div. I just hope we'll still be there. I'd be interested to know where you get your £12 from though. We have the best program in the lower leagues which sells out every game and well worth the money even for non Cowden fans.

1 hour ago, Aberdeen Cowden said:

Good luck to Kelty, I hope they get up to the 2nd div. I just hope we'll still be there. I'd be interested to know where you get your £12 from though. We have the best program in the lower leagues which sells out every game and well worth the money even for non Cowden fans.

Yeah don't think it was all factually correct. Not sure we pay rent anymore as we can't afford it. Think we make something from the pie shop now and the programmes and 50/50 sell amazingly well for such a small support. 

The supporters also put in a lot more through initiatives like 100 club , bonus ball. 135  etc so I would say we have a high input per fan. ( surely at a maximum level now) 

bottom line is we just don't have enough fans.

sure, Kelty do well through the bar and have a lot of sponsors boards etcbut over a period of years the bigger supported team will always fair better.

15 hours ago, kefc said:

Aye the social club should be a good earner and not just on match days. Don't know how this thread has descended into everyone taking about Kelty:lol: but you have done well over the last few years finding income streams, I can still remember when New Central Park was little more than a field with a fence around it you have come a long way in a short time.

I always look out for the other Fife teams and like to see the area do well so hopefully both clubs can do so in the future.

3 hours ago, Aberdeen Cowden said:

We're not American's though:lol: Clyde programme is a good one this season.

4 hours ago, cowdenbeath said:

Aye the social club should be a good earner and not just on match days. Don't know how this thread has descended into everyone taking about Kelty:lol: but you have done well over the last few years finding income streams, I can still remember when New Central Park was little more than a field with a fence around it you have come a long way in a short time.

I always look out for the other Fife teams and like to see the area do well so hopefully both clubs can do so in the future.

Probably because it's a welcome change of topic from ourselves!

2 hours ago, gogsy said:

Cowdenbeath are the only one of the Fife SPFL that I have any interest in and want to see them do well, Raith Rovers and East Fife aren't really local so not bothered either way about them  and I can't understand why anybody would want the Townies to be successful, that's a club that has no redeeming features whatsoever.

HAHAHAHAHAHA

love this quote.

Archived