Cowdenbeath FC. 2017/18 Season

15 minutes ago, parsforlife said:

Before cox signing it was just funny to wind up cowden about going down.

Now it's something I actively want to happen

Whats the difference between wanting and actively wanting? Does that mean there's a greater chance of it happening? Or are you just a bitter c**t?

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Although he always comes across as a moron on the pitch, and all the off field shenanigans surrounding him have been well documented on here over the years, there is no doubt that Cox is a good player that always works hard for whatever team I have seen him playing for. It’s always a credit to a player when ex-clubs fans always speak highly of him.

From what I can see of Cowden, this is a good signing for you, and exactly the sort of player that will fight you out your current predicament.

2 hours ago, BB_Bino said:

Although he always comes across as a moron on the pitch, and all the off field shenanigans surrounding him have been well documented on here over the years, there is no doubt that Cox is a good player that always works hard for whatever team I have seen him playing for. It’s always a credit to a player when ex-clubs fans always speak highly of him.

From what I can see of Cowden, this is a good signing for you, and exactly the sort of player that will fight you out your current predicament.

Whatever the problems Cox has had in the past, he has spoken out about the depression he suffered from.  Given the macho world of Scottish football, that was a brave thing to do. His openness has helped other players. Good on him.

Whatever the problems Cox has had in the past, he has spoken out about the depression he suffered from.  Given the macho world of Scottish football, that was a brave thing to do. His openness has helped other players. Good on him.

As someone who has worked with males with mental health problems and who have suffered depression to the depths of becoming suicidal, it certainly was refreshing seeing someone in the public eye, all be it not greatly but still, open up so honestly about it. Cox will always have my respect for that.

2 hours ago, BB_Bino said:

As someone who has worked with males with mental health problems and who have suffered depression to the depths of becoming suicidal, it certainly was refreshing seeing someone in the public eye, all be it not greatly but still, open up so honestly about it. Cox will always have my respect for that.

Well said BB

From the Forfar Athletic website:

David Cox departs Station Park

Friday, 19 January 2018 13:43

Forfar Athletic can confirm that David Cox has this morning completed what has been a much rumoured transfer to Cowdenbeath.

David had intimated to the management team at Station Park over the past few weeks that he wished to terminate his contract which was due to expire at the end of the season and move on in this registration window.

Despite attempts to dissuade him from this course of action he advised ‘Loons’ officials following the game with Albion Rovers that he was unlikely to return to the club.

In the circumstances and somewhat reluctantly Forfar Athletic Directors have accepted a monetary offer from the Central Park outfit for the transfer of David’s registration.

Though disappointed with the outcome, we would like to wish David well for the future.

On 19/01/2018 at 20:49, doulikefish said:

Excellent to see coxy in our league again,top bloke top family

Interesting to see from Forfar fans how highly they rate David Cox. He is a very good signing for us. Well done to GB - and to the club for making this deal possible.

A while back, I speculated about the possibility of "DC and JB" coming to Central Park.  :whistle One down and one to go? JB, who is DC's best pal, is also a decent player.

Whether GB can keep us up remains to be seen, but I like the way he's going about his business.  After looking at the squad he quickly identified what was needed, and got down to work. The signing of Cox is a statement of intent, as is getting Blair Malcolm signed up till the end of the season. It seems that some of his other signings are promising as well.  No point in getting carried away just yet, but GB is certainly strengthening the squad with players he knows and rates.  Mind you, we need to cut the manager and the team a bit of slack and get right behind them - they're still getting to know one another. But interesting so far.

33 minutes ago, Kierkegaard said:

Interesting to see from Forfar fans how highly they rate David Cox. He is a very good signing for us. Well done to GB - and to the club for making this deal possible.

A while back, I speculated about the possibility of "DC and JB" coming to Central Park.  :whistle One down and one to go? JB, who is DC's best pal, is also a decent player.

Whether GB can keep us up remains to be seen, but I like the way he's going about his business.  After looking at the squad he quickly identified what was needed, and got down to work. The signing of Cox is a statement of intent, as is getting Blair Malcolm signed up till the end of the season. It seems that some of his other signings are promising as well.  No point in getting carried away just yet, but GB is certainly strengthening the squad with players he knows and rates.  Mind you, we need to cut the manager and the team a bit of slack and get right behind them - they're still getting to know one another. But interesting so far.

Liking the way GB is going about things too Ron. 

Now though that we reach the business end of the season the team must start stringing victories together as we seen today with Clyde's result we seriously  are getting cut adrift. 

I do want to go through nor does anyone else want to go to through the horrible football experience of the Pyramid Playoff like last season again! 

The key to survival  for the rest of the season will come down to great determination and unity of and on the park.  Good quality players like Cox and Malcolm will hopefully give us a good chance in getting out our current situation. 

P. S 

Anyone got Jimmys contact details to line us up a loan deal from Rangers he always did have a good eye for loan players when he was with us 

On 13/01/2018 at 20:17, Clyde01 said:

Maybe not City but we are dreadful. You don’t need to win another game all season apart from a couple against us and you will be fine.

Hope you still believe this lad after today's result. 

Our postponed game from December has been rearranged for next Wednesday night, with a 1945 kick off

www.stirlingalbionfc.co.uk/2018/01/25/cowdenbeath-game-next-week/
Gavin Ross the referee for the game. Fraser Mullen better keep his mouth shut! [emoji38]

1 hour ago, The Minertaur said:

Gavin Ross the referee for the game. Fraser Mullen better keep his mouth shut! emoji38.png

And David Syme !. Gave him two red cards in the same game. Seriously this is a ridiculous appointment so soon after his last display.

He has sent off Fraser Mullen twice now for swearing, he clearly is victimising the player.  Should tho be able to clearly hear any sweary words from Stirling players so will be interesting to see how he deals with them

2 hours ago, The Minertaur said:

Gavin Ross the referee for the game. Fraser Mullen better keep his mouth shut! emoji38.png

We had him for our cup game during the week, I have not lost with refs for a wee while but Gavin Ross is totally inept, the problem being players get frustrated & lose respect for him & he ends up with everyone at each others throats. A few seasons back at Elgin the game was going along ok when he wrongly sent off one of our players to get things going another went for speaking out then another went in debateable circumstances he actually sent the same player off early in a game at Ochilview a couple weeks later but this was unusually thrown out as he had got it wrong. Hope we don't see him again EVER.

Crunch time for us now. We need to win about 10 of the remaining 17 games if we are to avoid the dreaded play off spot. We have to win on Saturday. No excuses anymore. It's do or die now every game.

6 hours ago, Myko said:

Any word on the home match v Clyde being re-arranged yet ?

Nothing yet clubs don't have to play games before the last week in February unless they agree to do so like we did with Stirling for next Wednesday.

Archived