Cowdenbeath FC. 2017/18 Season

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well this is just getting ridiculous. Quite simply the worst run we could imagine. I thought before the season started that we couldn't possibly be as bad  as last season.  I was right in one sense because we are infinitely worse. I cannot see us finishing anything else but adrift and there is little or no hope of winning a playoff. I await criticism for being negative and not helping but trying to be positive I find impossible at this time.

Just now, onecowden said:

Well this is just getting ridiculous. Quite simply the worst run we could imagine. I thought before the season started that we couldn't possibly be as bad  as last season.  I was right in one sense because we are infinitely worse. I cannot see us finishing anything else but adrift and there is little or no hope of winning a playoff. I await criticism for being negative and not helping but trying to be positive I find impossible at this time.

No critucism, you are spot on.

we are fucked.

What a season we're having.

We've not won in any of our last 21 matches. The worst in the country by far (Brechin won a cup match in November).

We've scored the least league goals in Scotland - 6 goals less than Brechin who haven't won a league match and are 2 divisions above us.

Out of all the cups at the first hurdle - including another cup exit to East Kilbride.

We've had 2 clean sheets in the league this season - both against Edinburgh City.

We've failed to score in 52% of our league games.

To summarise - we've been utter shite and deserve to be relegated. 

11 hours ago, Thom & Gerry said:

Muzza.  I’ve seen Cowdenbeath twice and Cove twice this season and I would make Cove big favourites over two legs to beat the current Cowdenbeath side.

To be fair you are probably correct. I am just being hopelessly optimistic. Cove's defence is largely unchanged over the last few years and Edinburgh City ripped them to shreds in the play off - that is what I am clinging on to.

Cove will beat the LL team.

Nice interview with Gary Bollan on Radio Scotland a few minutes ago about the realities facing Gary and the team. He’s still talking positively about the commitment from himself and the players. Let’s get behind him and the team for the run in. Live from Central Park now...

14 minutes ago, Velazquez Blue said:

Nice interview with Gary Bollan on Radio Scotland a few minutes ago about the realities facing Gary and the team. He’s still talking positively about the commitment from himself and the players. Let’s get behind him and the team for the run in. Live from Central Park now...

Also quite good to hear about our community stuff.

1 hour ago, Velazquez Blue said:

Missed this as thought it started at half 7. 

Gary will put up a fight that's for sure and as you say it is vital everyone with the club deep at heart continue to back Gary and the team. 

Hopefully tonight's broadcast will demonstrate the importance of clubs like Cowdenbeath being part of the community with the initiatives and benefits they can bring. 

Missed this as thought it started at half 7. 
Gary will put up a fight that's for sure and as you say it is vital everyone with the club deep at heart continue to back Gary and the team. 
Hopefully tonight's broadcast will demonstrate the importance of clubs like Cowdenbeath being part of the community with the initiatives and benefits they can bring. 

It's on iplayer just listened to it

I think we need to try and get a bit of cheer back into this thread.  Big game tomorrow against Annan and I propose an in-thread party if the mighty Blue Brazil can defeat Annan Athletic.

I've got the tennents in for everybody.

Image result for tennents cans

The DJ is ready with just this single on repeat...

Image result for oona paloma blanca

The scenes in here tomorrow night after a Malone hat-trick inspires us to a 3-0 victory.

giphy.gif

Currently....

giphy.gif

By the time Saturday comes round it will be 175 days since we last won a match. Since then we've only led for 48 minutes out of the 21 matches we've played! We've given away penalties for diving head tackles and have managed to even lose a friendly to Rangers under-20s!   

Here's a picture of the Cowden players celebration the goal the last time we won a match -

Image result for cowdenbeath celebration

2 hours ago, The_Pit_Owns said:

An interview David Cox did with the BBC. Apparently this was going on at Forthbank on Wednesday :

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-42901550

42 minutes ago, JakeSAFC said:

Any proof it was going on?

This original incident happened years ago while he was playing for Peterhead.

Reading the interview he never said where he's been getting abuse, but it sounded like it had happened a few times since he told his story, as Jake says no mention of any particular club.

It is pretty sad and moronic the way folk have given him abuse however.  Depression is still one of those taboo subjects and him going public at the time about his problems highlighted it, ok he's not the most prolific footballer around but it was still brave of the guy speaking about the subject probably knowing he would get shouts from the terraces about it.

If reading his story helped someone with the same problems into seeking help about it then it would be worth it him raising the public profile of the subject.

Don't let the arseholes got you down Davie:)

Archived