• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SandyCromarty

• RiG

• TheScarf

• PB1994

16 minutes ago, TheScarf said:

To be fair, Samuels will be playing against worse players than when he was at Aberdeen.

Austin Samuels and Logan Chalmers is a strong signal of intent from Caley and should be very good signings to aid the title push. They are both rapid. Was very surprised Dundee United let Logan go out on loan as he was in a lot of match day squads.

If we were a Championship side they are two players I'd have hoped we would have been in for. 

Dodds certainly taking in attacking options

Edited by CoveRangers1922

7 minutes ago, Stephen Malkmus said:

Ridgers

Duffy Broadfoot Deas

Carson Welsh  McAlear  Harper

Samuels Sutherland Pearson

@BillyDodds 

Alberto Zaccheroni likes this.

40 minutes ago, Stephen Malkmus said:

Ridgers

Duffy Broadfoot Deas

Carson Welsh  McAlear  Harper

Samuels Sutherland Pearson

@BillyDodds 

I would think Samuels and Chalmers, having played already in Scotland, will figure at some time this weekend, Pearson I'm not so sure about presently, it may take time to bed him in. 

Edited by SandyCromarty

On the minus side, these guys aren't experienced at this level, it's not like we've signed people who are going to be pretty much guaranteed to improve the team.  Of course, we can't really afford players like that, we have to find diamonds in the rough.

On the plus side, we don't really have much pace in the team and a couple of guys who can stretch the opposition will give us something a bit different. 

19 minutes ago, ICTChris said:

On the minus side, these guys aren't experienced at this level, it's not like we've signed people who are going to be pretty much guaranteed to improve the team.  Of course, we can't really afford players like that, we have to find diamonds in the rough.

On the plus side, we don't really have much pace in the team and a couple of guys who can stretch the opposition will give us something a bit different. 

I mean, our current style can’t get much worse. Results wise and aesthetically wise.

Friday, 4th March 2022
cinch Championship
Partick Thistle v Inverness CT
Live on BBC Scotland, kick-off 7.45pm

Bit shite for ICT fans travelling from Inverness locality.

42 minutes ago, jagfox OG said:

Friday, 4th March 2022
cinch Championship
Partick Thistle v Inverness CT
Live on BBC Scotland, kick-off 7.45pm

Bit shite for ICT fans travelling from Inverness locality.

And the fact we have Hamilton away the Friday before.

Some of our fans had already forked out for travel and accommodation.

16 hours ago, ICTChris said:

As far as we're concerned we no longer have players giving it Dan, me me take me.

Butcher's reputation and Marsella's nous was the trick,  with Marsella getting diamonds like Marley Watkins.

Sure there were flops, yet now we have leftovers

Dodds is a very angry wee man.

His actions in the dugout on Saturday were almost as entertaining as the match itself.

I sit just behind the dugouts and enjoyed his antics, every decision against his team led him to turn and gesticulate angrily at the bench.

Unlike some managers, he cant take any 'banter' thrown at him, Yogi remains the master of that.

Unsure about his merits in management but he's certainly very passionate about his job, ...................and he's still a nasty wee New Cumnock jobbie.

I have no idea why Dodds was so raging going off at full-time too, I can't remember any major decision going against them, and if anything Deas was lucky to stay on.
He said in his post match interview that he's been asking players to do certain things in games, take up particular positions on the pitch and they haven't been following his instructions. Suspect he's feeling a bit of pressure now. Four points from 18 is rotten form and he doesn't seem to know how to address it.

1 hour ago, craigkillie said:

I have no idea why Dodds was so raging going off at full-time too, I can't remember any major decision going against them, and if anything Deas was lucky to stay on.

The only thing I can think of is the penalty claim from Hardy, which was never a penalty.

1 hour ago, craigkillie said:
He looked like he was raging at the ref though.

In that case I've no idea. As mentioned by @PB1994 there was a penalty claim for a foul on Hardy but it looked a bit weak from where we were. Probably the only thing I can think that he might be moaning about and even then it's not a very strong shout.

Edited by RiG
Mentions don't work on the app.