• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SandyCromarty

• TheScarf

• RiG

• PB1994

20 minutes ago, Stephen Malkmus said:

Will be interesting to see if Dunc sticks with a back 3/5 on Saturday - and to see which of Devine/Udjur/Boyes drops out if he goes back to a 4.

Devine presumably, he's the weakest of the 3 by far.

51 minutes ago, SandyCromarty said:

Supporters Trust meeting this Saturday at the Innes bar.

And the point of it will be what? Not sure there was anything as outcomes from the last one that achieved much. Theres the unconnected and fortunate coincidence that the club sacked our previous manager and we have had an upturn in results the key issues at the club still remain - communication, engagement, transparency etc - after all the club show it utter contempt and don't even provide representation by key stakeholders. I suspect it'll be more 'safe' topics on the agenda.

No offense to anyone in the ST but it just seems like a wee badge to wear defining why they are a 'better' fan than the rest of us.

Edited by bdu98196

45 minutes ago, Stephen Malkmus said:

Will be interesting to see if Dunc sticks with a back 3/5 on Saturday - and to see which of Devine/Udjur/Boyes drops out if he goes back to a 4.

Until we find a way of scoring goals regularly and looking more potent this may be the approach to mitigate loosing goals instead?

At least Dunc has shown even at an early stage in his management career with us he has more than one set of formations & tactics in his locker.

Looking forward to a couple of games down in the central belt in December to see it in full flow, but I like the idea of a back 5 in theory. Wing-back seems to play to Shaw’s strengths (workrate, pressing, physical) while still allowing him to get forward, and we haven’t had a good left wing for a long time (Dan McKay only looked good occasionally, then we replaced him with Longstaff…). And it puts less pressure on each individual defender - pressure which we’ve all seen they don’t cope with too well.

2 hours ago, bdu98196 said:

And the point of it will be what? Not sure there was anything as outcomes from the last one that achieved much. Theres the unconnected and fortunate coincidence that the club sacked our previous manager and we have had an upturn in results the key issues at the club still remain - communication, engagement, transparency etc - after all the club show it utter contempt and don't even provide representation by key stakeholders. I suspect it'll be more 'safe' topics on the agenda.

No offense to anyone in the ST but it just seems like a wee badge to wear defining why they are a 'better' fan than the rest of us.

I'm not a member but I don't for a minute think that fans join the ST to demonstrate they are 'better' fans than the rest of us, many may want to feel more involved while others may view the ST as a conduit between the board and us, however we all know that board and ST communication is a non event and that may be down to one man who mistrusts fan involvement and likely sees the concept as a threat.

Sad really as fan representation in these difficult financial times can be a bonus as proven elsewhere.

22 hours ago, RiG said:

There were a couple of interviews I recall where Dodds noted the problem with the players / formation / tactics in specific games but seldom seemed to do anything about it. Hugely frustrating at times to hear him state he saw there was a problem but seemingly did nothing about it.

That's true.
I don't really recall Dodds adapting the formation to suit specific opposition, in the league at least.  Although to be honest I stopped paying attention latterly.

7 minutes ago, KingBeastie said:

That's true.
I don't really recall Dodds adapting the formation to suit specific opposition, in the league at least.  Although to be honest I stopped paying attention latterly.

He went to a back 5 in the first leg of the playoff final and we were 2-0 down after 20 odd minutes