"The ICT Thread - From the Premiership to the Seaside"

3 minutes ago, TheScarf said:

The above and add Davidson to the GTF list. So we need two strikers and a right back.

Aye offloading Davidson would be a shout, but he’s on a 2 year deal so unless someone’s willing to take him think we’re stuck with him. 

Be interesting to see if we have any loans come in 

• Replies 17.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SandyCromarty

• TheScarf

• RiG

• PB1994

5 hours ago, Central Belt Caley said:

What’s on the wish list for the January window? 

Ideal scenario for me is:

Extend Boyes and Anderson loans, Spoony on a longer contract, punt Sheridan and Lodovica and sing/loan a right (wing) back IMO 

Extending Anderson, Boyes and Wotherspoon has to be the priority. All be been quality. Worried Livi will recall Boyes as they aren’t exactly setting the heather on fire. In terms of signings, we definitely need a striker and a winger.

There are numerous players we should be looking to move on. Just not good enough sadly, and using a wage which could be more effectively utilised. For me, that list is: Duffy, Davidson, Sheridan, Lodovica, Samuels and Delaney.

3 hours ago, scottbamby said:

Extending Anderson, Boyes and Wotherspoon has to be the priority. All be been quality. Worried Livi will recall Boyes as they aren’t exactly setting the heather on fire. In terms of signings, we definitely need a striker and a winger.

There are numerous players we should be looking to move on. Just not good enough sadly, and using a wage which could be more effectively utilised. For me, that list is: Duffy, Davidson, Sheridan, Lodovica, Samuels and Delaney.

The Dodds and Robertson legacy. They should be put in front of a jury for some of those names.

7 hours ago, scottbamby said:

Apart from looking decent when he first signed, Samuels has done hee haw ever since. Would gladly punt him too.
I thought Delaney looked alright at left back at times last season but has looked well out of his depth ever since.

On 08/12/2023 at 20:39, jimmy boo said:

Heading up to Inverness tomorrow for the weekend for Callum Beattie gig on sunday........Mrs Boo's idea.....honest. Looking for suggestions for decent pubs and late afternoon grub on sunday. Not been for about 10 years so really looking forward to it and any ideas welcome. Thanks in advance.

Very good Sunday roast at MacGregors and an open music session in there later afternoon. Can lead to a very late Sunday evening though!
Malt rooms is great for some top whiskies - tucked into the Victorian market. Some good food things in there as well but can be a bit cold.

5 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

Max Anderson got a future with us based on his performances for Caley?

No, he’s been dreadful definitely needs another half season in the championship IMO. 

Seriously though he’s been superb anytime I’ve seen him, seems to be able to do a bit of everything. Got off the mark yesterday with his first goal and another good performance. Would back him to make the step up if you recalled him in January 

1 minute ago, Central Belt Caley said:

No, he’s been dreadful definitely needs another half season in the championship IMO. 

Seriously though he’s been superb anytime I’ve seen him, seems to be able to do a bit of everything. Got off the mark yesterday with his first goal and another good performance. Would back him to make the step up if you recalled him in January 

Can't see us recalling him in January if honest unless we have some sort of crisis. Brilliant to hear he's developing well with you lads. Long may it continue! 

1 hour ago, SandyCromarty said:

Longstaff worth keeping.

For now, as he's the best attacking backup player currently available. Minus possibly some of the youth players. If McGregor, Doran or Samuels were back, he's probably still behind all 3.

So long term, no 

1 hour ago, Juanhourjoe said:

For now, as he's the best attacking backup player currently available. Minus possibly some of the youth players. If McGregor, Doran or Samuels were back, he's probably still behind all 3.

So long term, no 

With you totally on McGregor and I have always been a fan of Aaron's great talent but he's getting on now football wise, Samuel's? has never lit ma fuse and never would.

I’d like us to see about getting Jay Henderson on loan from County. He’s barely played for them this season, I don’t think he’s been injured.

Obviously look to extend Wotherspoon, Anderson and Boyes. A bit of dead wood needing trimmed as well.

15 hours ago, ICTChris said:

I’d like us to see about getting Jay Henderson on loan from County. He’s barely played for them this season, I don’t think he’s been injured.

He was injured for most of October and November, making the bench at the weekend.

Before that, Malky was doing the bedding-in thing of trying to get Henderson up to standard that he did to Yan Dhanda at the start of last season. Malky had been in the press in the week before Henderson's injury to praise him and to bide his time. Then the injury happened, now we have a new manager and Henderson's fit again. It didn't help that Malky - and most of the rest of the diddy teams in the top flight - are playing variations of 3-5-2 these days.

I have no idea what Derek Adams thinks of Jay Henderson. Adams has stuck with the wing-back system for the sake of continuity, but that's the squad he has inherited. I think Adams will be back to 4-4-1-1 by the end of the month and there will be a space for Henderson to stake his claim.

Edited by bunglebonce

On 10/12/2023 at 21:00, ICTChris said:

Obviously look to extend Wotherspoon, Anderson and Boyes. A bit of dead wood needing trimmed as well.

Think I read he did his hamstring a few months back 

https://www.inverness-courier.co.uk/sport/caley-thistle-have-worked-magic-with-offer-to-tempt-player-335556/

We’ve made Wotherspoon “a strong offer” I hope it’s good enough to tempt him as he’s a class above. 

We’ll also be without Wallace Duffy and David Carson tomorrow night. The only other recognised option for right back is Jake Davidson really which does not fill me with hope 

9 hours ago, Central Belt Caley said:

https://www.inverness-courier.co.uk/sport/caley-thistle-have-worked-magic-with-offer-to-tempt-player-335556/

We’ve made Wotherspoon “a strong offer” I hope it’s good enough to tempt him as he’s a class above. 

We’ll also be without Wallace Duffy and David Carson tomorrow night. The only other recognised option for right back is Jake Davidson really which does not fill me with hope 

Fuck sake.  Davidson is dogshit.  Play a youth player at right back tonight imo.