"The ICT Thread - From the Premiership to the Seaside"

10 minutes ago, KingBeastie said:

Honestly, with the exception of Mckay, Shaw and Ridgers I really don't care who Ferguson gets rid of.  If he thinks that they are not good enough then fine - off they pop.  Most of the players that have been with us for a while have put us in the situation we are in.  Sentimentality is understandable but just because some have been around for ages doesn't make it a good thing.

Onwards...

Even Shaw hasn’t been great this season and he isn’t signing a new deal anyway. McKay is by far our best permanent player but even he is 34 so we do need to start looking at replacements.

• Replies 14.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SandyCromarty

• RiG

• TheScarf

• PB1994

1 minute ago, PB1994 said:

Even Shaw hasn’t been great this season and he isn’t signing a new deal anyway. McKay is by far our best permanent player but even he is 34 so we do need to start looking at replacements.

Yeah no matter what league we are in next season we are going to need an absolutely massive overhaul of the playing staff.

17 minutes ago, KingBeastie said:

Honestly, with the exception of Mckay, Shaw and Ridgers I really don't care who Ferguson gets rid of.  If he thinks that they are not good enough then fine - off they pop.  Most of the players that have been with us for a while have put us in the situation we are in.  Sentimentality is understandable but just because some have been around for ages doesn't make it a good thing.

Onwards...

I sometimes think our fans have a big bias towards current players.  It's partially because we've had relatively settled squads and usually had a core of players during our time in the league who have been with us for several seasons.  When we move on from that a lot of our fans don't like it - when Butcher moved on Munro and Duncan and then Tokely a lot of people were uneasy.  When Hughes wanted to release David Raven people were outraged and Hughes ended up leaving with Raven getting a contract from the board!

17 minutes ago, ICTChris said:

I sometimes think our fans have a big bias towards current players.  It's partially because we've had relatively settled squads and usually had a core of players during our time in the league who have been with us for several seasons.  When we move on from that a lot of our fans don't like it - when Butcher moved on Munro and Duncan and then Tokely a lot of people were uneasy.  When Hughes wanted to release David Raven people were outraged and Hughes ended up leaving with Raven getting a contract from the board!

Current and ex-players as well.
"Bring back [insert random ex-player]".  Oh do bore off.

2 hours ago, TheScarf said:

signed a couple of them purely down to the fact that they were at a Barclays club academy at the time.

I don't think I will ever get over just how shit the captain of the Chelsea U23s was. Hilariously bad player that has kept them down since he rocked up.

44 minutes ago, ICTChris said:

On a slight tangent from keeping current players to resigning former ones. I noticed a weird stat recently that for 4/5 seasons we consistently re-signed ex players 

2018 - Jamie Mccart (stretching it a bit as he was only on loan first time)
2019 - James Vincent, Miles Storey 

2020 - Shane Sutherland

2021 - Billy Mckay and Tom Walsh

2022 - Oakley and Danny Mackay

20 minutes ago, 101 said:

I don't think I will ever get over just how shit the captain of the Chelsea U23s was. Hilariously bad player that has kept them down since he rocked up.

Was that the boy Sammut? He was catastrophically dogshit.

58 minutes ago, TheScarf said:

Yes Ruben Sammut.

I mean how is it even possible to be captain of Chelsea u23 as you say, and be so utterly and completely without any redeeming features at all?

1 hour ago, TheScarf said:

Yeh he seemed to be surprised that football was played with a ball such was his talent

Robbie Thompson off to Spartans on loan. Feels wrong not to loan a youth player to Elgin.

Anykne else coming in? Seems like the sort of window we’ll sign someone at two minutes to midnight.

8 minutes ago, ICTChris said:

Robbie Thompson off to Spartans on loan. Feels wrong not to loan a youth player to Elgin.

Anykne else coming in? Seems like the sort of window we’ll sign someone at two minutes to midnight.

One to be announced shortly. Probably at half 9.

3 minutes ago, Juanjo Nostalgia said:

IMG_0877.jpeg.7f1e11085b3d11989935e9a43a1e1721.jpeg

Aribusitamunoipirim, you’ll never sing that.

Also, Emmanuel born at Christmas - truly, truly, God with us. 

Played at Calgary which sounds a lot like Calvary 

Edited by sophia