• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SandyCromarty

• RiG

• TheScarf

• PB1994

2 minutes ago, SandyCromarty said:

Inverness is a city with a pop of around 80,000, with a busy airport and thriving tourist industry.

Sadly the tourist industry is too thriving and we now have to train in Kelty.

Just now, The Minertaur said:

So all talented young players in the Highland will end up at Ross County? Smart business move 

The chairman recently spoke about our youth academy, they are looking for a sponsor to keep it going apparently.  I'm sure local businesses will be lining up after this!

This reminds me of the time when a certain former crook Chairman at Cappielow was planning to have us play our home games in Airdrie. Our fans told him to f**k off with that idea and it was binned.

Can’t see this being a good thing for ICT, however their board may be painting it.

2 minutes ago, ICTChris said:

The chairman recently spoke about our youth academy, they are looking for a sponsor to keep it going apparently.  I'm sure local businesses will be lining up after this!

Heard Orion are taking it over and will be completely separate from the actual club.

Just seems like a last throw of the dice before having to go part time if it doesnt work out?

If did go down to League Two then surely makes more sense to then go part time and have more local / best HL / Aberdeen / Inverness players?

13 minutes ago, Honest Saints Fan said:

Heard Orion are taking it over and will be completely separate from the actual club.

They are wanting to take charge of the club so this would make sense.

Just now, PB1994 said:

They are wanting to take charge of the club so this would make sense.

Yeah, I was about to say.  Orion / Savage are the Kings over the water in this shitshow.

4 minutes ago, ICTChris said:

Yeah, I was about to say.  Orion / Savage are the Kings over the water in this shitshow.

I don’t see it happening as no way will the current directors walk out with getting their money back.

Just now, PB1994 said:

I don’t see it happening as no way will the current directors walk out with getting their money back.

The only way it would happen is if Savage bought them out. Which I doubt he would.

2 hours ago, Central Belt Caley said:

I’m sure when we signed Nathan Austin the rumoured reason he picked us was he would be living rent free over going to Livi I think it was 

He never settled up there, wanted back home to his young family. 

Dropped full time, to go part time with Kelty in the Lowland league. 

Was probably earning more money with a full time job & Kelty than what he would have been with Inverness

Posted (edited)
28 minutes ago, VictorOnopko said:

I've never been to Kelty myself but I can see why the appeal of training and spending time there might help to lure players to ICT:

image.jpeg.6b1f5a5029dac6b641b694f4b8e3d97e.jpeg

Unfair/misleading to show the posh bit!

Edited by williebraveheart

What actually is the benefit of staying FT for IC&T? Raith, Falkirk, Livi, Dunfermline and other nearby (lol) clubs will be able to offer better money, and also play at a higher standard. Think this move would make (the tiniest bit) more sense if they were to move into a PT model and we’re able to offer the best part time wages in the country in a more central location, but staying FT probably hinders them now. 

Posted (edited)
16 minutes ago, SirJimmyofNic said:

Will be interesting to see how this relationship spans out on the signing front, how long before they're both stealing one another targets

A decade ago we were in the SPL and they were (I believe) in the Lowland league. 

If you'd told me then that we would be sharing training facilities with them and squabbling over signing the same players, I'd have said you were mad ( no offense to Kelty). 

But, football is (for the most part)a meritocracy, and we are where we are because we deserve to be. Perhaps years of overachieving has spoilt us, and we are finding our natural level.

I can kind of understand the thinking behind todays announcement (its not a new concept by any means), but  hot on the heels of a dismal season and the playoff debacle, it feels like a huge blow to us supporters and maybe even football in the area.

Edited by DonnieMurdo

6 minutes ago, DonnieMurdo said:

A decade ago we were in the SPL and they were (I believe) in the Lowland league. 

If you'd told me then that we would be sharing training facilities with them and squabbling over signing the same players, I'd have said you were mad ( no offense to Kelty). 

But, football is (for the most part)a meritocracy, and we are where we are because we deserve to be. Perhaps years of overachieving has spoilt us, and we are finding our natural level.

I can kind of understand the thinking behind todays announcement (its not a new concept by any means), but on hot on the heels of a dismal season and the playoff debacle, it feels like a huge blow to us supporters and maybe even football in the area.

It must be putting paid to bringing up Duncs English loanees, theres no many hotels in Kelty put them up in

2 hours ago, ICTChris said:

From the statement it reads that the footballing side will be completely run from Kelty.

Depends what you mean by "the footballing side". As far as I can see it only talks about training operations. We're talking manager, coaches, players and physio here though. Not your club secretary and admin staff. It's exactly what we d. Our management staff have an office at Hamilton Palace and another at Palmerston.

2 hours ago, Arachnophile said:

A wee bit - its equivalent to Rangers or Celtic training in Kendal or Mallaig.

Yeah, I note you edited out my quote which acknowledged that.

Still the point remains if you're not training at the actual stadium what odds does it make if it's 5 or 6 miles away or 100 miles away?

Posted (edited)
16 minutes ago, Skyline Drifter said:

Still the point remains if you're not training at the actual stadium what odds does it make if it's 5 or 6 miles away or 100 miles away?

This is the mentality of the lowlanders on our board who don't understand the Highland psyche.

It's like Athletic Bilbao training in Madrid instead of the Basque Country. It's not a simple matter of distance.

Edited by Stephen Malkmus