"The ICT Thread - From the Premiership to the Seaside"

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, welshbairn said:

Just saying... :whistle

I thought you are a Falkirk fan @welshbairn? Or are you just from that part of the world and head along to a few Clach games when they don't clash? 

1 hour ago, The Moonster said:

Why is it almost every full time club that comes down here has numpties thinking the laughter they are recieving from all quarters is some sort of deep meaningful hatred amongst Scottish football for their club? It's just people laughing at a big club being a clown shoes operation. Falkirk got it for years, Dunfermline got it before that, Morton when they were down in the old Third Division, the list could go on. It's just football.

We got it twice with our two relegations. Part of PnB eh? I had a good laugh at Falkirk.

It should be noted that if we stop being shite I'll be the first to give it laldy, cheers. 

Edited by HoBNob

• Replies 14.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SandyCromarty

• RiG

• TheScarf

• PB1994

4 minutes ago, HoBNob said:

I thought you are a Falkirk fan @welshbairn? Or are you just from that part of the world and head along to a few Clach games when they don't clash? 

We got it twice with our two relegations. Part of PnB eh? I had a good laugh at Falkirk.

I started supporting Clach home and away when I moved up here in 2012, occasionally watch Falkirk TV but that's about it these days.

6 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

I started supporting Clach home and away when I moved up here in 2012, occasionally watch Falkirk TV but that's about it these days.

Glory hunter.

3 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

Ah fair enough, I must've just been automatically linking your username to the club. 

If you don't mind telling a story, how did following Clach home and away come about? 

I absolutely expect ridicule from fans of other clubs, as I have in the past have taken the piss out of others in our predicament, and I will continue to ridicule the next club who finds ourselves in our predicament.

Posted (edited)
7 minutes ago, HoBNob said:

Ah fair enough, I must've just been automatically linking your username to the club. 

If you don't mind telling a story, how did following Clach home and away come about? 

Partly just supporting my local football team, and an excuse to travel around the Highlands, partly not being able to afford the time or money to zip down to the central belt every Saturday. Falkirk had too much history with Caley and County to consider supporting them.

Edited by welshbairn

3 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

Partly just supporting my local football team, and an excuse to travel around the Highlands, partly not being able to afford the time or money to zip down to the central belt every Saturday. Falkirk had too much history with Caley and County to consider supporting them.

I'm sure someone could hook you up with a wee flat just off the M90

35 minutes ago, Connor Macleod said:

I think a few ICT fans including myself are a bit defensive cause the club's on the verge of administration not just relegated to league 1 so passions & emotions are a tad high.

But yeah I did the stupid mistake of moaning about it when you gotta remember that's what P&B is about you're going to get stick from other fans some might even turn sympathetic when they realise how much of a shit show it actually is & they put themselves in our shoes some will just laugh though cause they're football fans

Maybe one day though their club will be in a similar situation and we can all return the favour you never know 😉 that's the beauty of it I suppose 

I don't think these two things are mutually exclusive.

Also, it's summer and there's f*ck all else going on.

15 minutes ago, Count Mongo del Fantastico said:

I don't think these two things are mutually exclusive.

Also, it's summer and there's f*ck all else going on.

Exactly.  We need some entertainment until the Euros start, and rubbernecking a club in Very Foolish mode fits the bill nicely.  Hope they get sorted out, of course, but it's just the nature of the game to have a chuckle when it's happening to Not My Club FC.

1 hour ago, Connor Macleod said:

I think a few ICT fans including myself are a bit defensive cause the club's on the verge of administration not just relegated to league 1 so passions & emotions are a tad high.

But yeah I did the stupid mistake of moaning about it when you gotta remember that's what P&B is about you're going to get stick from other fans some might even turn sympathetic when they realise how much of a shit show it actually is & they put themselves in our shoes some will just laugh though cause they're football fans

Maybe one day though their club will be in a similar situation and we can all return the favour you never know 😉 that's the beauty of it I suppose 

It’s an absolute shit show but the club isn’t on the verge of administration.   Of course there’s nobody clarifying that so it’s quite easy to think that way.  

2 minutes ago, Savage Henry said:

It’s an absolute shit show but the club isn’t on the verge of administration.   Of course there’s nobody clarifying that so it’s quite easy to think that way.  

Genuine question, how do you know this? (the administration bit, not shit show bit which is self-evident!)

2 hours ago, Sting777 said:

Disappears when things are tough for his own club but posts more in other teams threads when the going is tough for them. He revels in it rather than concentrating on his own sides shortcomings! Better to ignore the simple-ton

I spotted his MO years back where as soon as he sees problems at a club he's right on the thread stirring the shit. As I said earlier best put him on ignore.

4 hours ago, bdu98196 said:

There's a lot of obsessives from other clubs following the Caley even down in the seaside leagues. For all the faults of previous administrations at our club, they have clearly done some things right as we have obviously rattled these supporters from less successful clubs.

We may be on a wee slide at the moment but our meteoric rise in our first 20 years saw some orgasmic hysterical reactions from some fans of clubs who had never tasted success in recent years.

A prime example is Wilko.

Below is an excerpt taken from a "Board Update" just posted on the QOS OS today ...

We are delighted to let you all know that we are bringing training back to Palmerston Park. We will now run a hybrid training program, using both our training facilities in Hamilton and here at home in Dumfries. We think it is really important that our players get a home game feeling at Palmerston Park.

Not sure if this is Queens reacting to the current trauma in Inverness or just a pure coincidence. Anyhow, could a hybrid approach work for ICT? Often the best solutions in life are neither black nor white but shades of grey in-between ...

3 hours ago, bdu98196 said:

Weird behaviour mode then, usually drawn form insecurity in their own situation. Lets laugh at the misfortune of others so we don't cry at our own scenario, but fair play whatever gets you through your days.

Bollocks, if it was Ross County you'd be pishing yourself.

4 hours ago, bdu98196 said:

Weird behaviour mode then, usually drawn form insecurity in their own situation. Lets laugh at the misfortune of others so we don't cry at our own scenario, but fair play whatever gets you through your days.

Just normal men

16 minutes ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

Bollocks, if it was Ross County you'd be pishing yourself.

*When it's Ross County

25 minutes ago, Otis Blue said:

Not sure if this is Queens reacting to the current trauma in Inverness or just a pure coincidence. Anyhow, could a hybrid approach work for ICT? Often the best solutions in life are neither black nor white but shades of grey in-between ...

That's an interesting visage.