• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SandyCromarty

• RiG

• TheScarf

• PB1994

It’s beginning to sound a bit better.
I share everyone’s frustration at the lack of detail but given that we were led up the garden path by Gardiner et al about the car parks and the battery farm etc, I will grit my teeth and wait for the board to do their work and only announce developments when and only when they are 100% concrete. 
Morrison and Kelty are gone and Gardiner is going , the team will be focused on local talent  , so most of the objectives have been achieved but unless we do buy our season tickets and our strips it just won’t work. 
I suspect there will be more hard days to come as we try and dig ourselves out of this hole but as somebody who stood on the railway sleepers back in the olden days it just might be worth it.

4 minutes ago, Lanky Highlander said:

At the risk of reading the runes wrongly the very fact that the club is  releasing info on season tickets can only be a good sign ??

Depends.  Either things are good and they are moving onto season ticket sales because they are confident that there will be a club next season or they are bad and we desperately need some cash to keep things going over the summer.

The fact they are talking about "hugely positive" discussions with new investors but not confirming if someone has come in to take over, haven't appointed a new CEO or Chairman and no-one knows who these investors are suggests that it's possibly closer to bad than good.

As someone noted earlier in this thread though, there are significant penalties for trading while insolvent so if we sell season tickets now and then fold in a months time directors could open themselves to legal action and sanction.

If I was a Caley fan I think I'd be giving them the benefit of the doubt and renewing, putting some ticking over money in while they try to restructure and bring investment in. 

27 minutes ago, Lanky Highlander said:

At the risk of reading the runes wrong the very fact that the club is  releasing info on season tickets can only be a good sign ??

Yup.  To my mind, the talk of administration was somebody having a wee tantrum.  I was told a while back that admin was never on the cards.  

The first competitive game of the season takes place in just four weeks’ time, therefore with these assurances from the ICTFC board of directors, we feel it is time to move forward. We are therefore asking all Inverness Caledonian Thistle supporters to reunite behind the club, renew season tickets and purchase club merchandise. Only by doing that can the club we love continue in the short term, while new investment is completed.

Our request for a democratically elected representative of the Supporters Trust board to join the club board still stands and we hope that this will now be seriously considered. We look forward to receiving updates on the club’s financial situation, the playing and coaching staff, and the youth academy.

From the ICT Supporters Trust

On 13/06/2024 at 11:47, ICTChris said:

Every penny counts.

Sadly due to an administrative mix up, the sex workers have been recruited as players and the current playing staff will have to work in the brothel.

any goals a hole?

1 minute ago, DrSurvey said:

From the ICT Supporters Trust

If they want their request for a seat on the board to be taken seriously, then they should tie that condition to buying season tickets and merchandise. Giving up the only source of leverage before getting anything in return is foolish IMHO. 

18 minutes ago, virginton said:

If they want their request for a seat on the board to be taken seriously, then they should tie that condition to buying season tickets and merchandise. Giving up the only source of leverage before getting anything in return is foolish IMHO. 

Absolutely. 

That useless fud of a manager hasn't been seen for a month.  Hopefully he's done the respectable thing and fucked off.

1 hour ago, staggy4life said:

Those season ticket prices seem wild for League 1 football although I understand the financial pressures that they're currently facing.

£70 cheaper for an over 65 to watch Premiership football in The Jailend than the North Stand in Inverness. The Jailend is only £10 dearer than the North Stand for an adult to watch football two divisions above.

It matters not a jot what other clubs charge, we are ICT and we will now support our club.

I'll be getting mine today even though through illness I was unable to attend much of last season and it may be a while before I'll get back to games but first and foremost I want the club to move on and get back to where we once were.

1 hour ago, welshbairn said:

If I was a Caley fan I think I'd be giving them the benefit of the doubt and renewing, putting some ticking over money in while they try to restructure and bring investment in. 

Exactly, we have to be positive come what may.

Of course there are areas which haven't been confirmed but put the negativity to one side, if they are trying to attract investors then the board have to show said investors that the club has a solid season ticket base plus they have announced the new 30 year tops will soon be for sale hoping to attract more income.

12 minutes ago, TheScarf said:

That useless fud of a manager hasn't been seen for a month.  Hopefully he's done the respectable thing and fucked off.

Fud and Ferguson is an insult to Fuds, as we've all enjoyed the same but cannot say we've had the same pleasure with Fergusons football management.

Edited by SandyCromarty

57 minutes ago, Savage Henry said:

Yup.  To my mind, the talk of administration was somebody having a wee tantrum.  I was told a while back that admin was never on the cards.  

Richard Foster? :P

12 minutes ago, TheScarf said:

Not disagreeing but if he is contractually entitled to X number of weeks off in the closed season, like the players then he is doing what is permitted. As for any statement other than advising the direction of playing staff and recruitment its not for him to appear and comment on the cluster f**k that others have created by employing him.

2 minutes ago, bdu98196 said:

Not disagreeing but if he is contractually entitled to X number of weeks off in the closed season, like the players then he is doing what is permitted. As for any statement other than advising the direction of playing staff and recruitment its not for him to appear and comment on the cluster f**k that others have created by employing him.

I know, but I'm fairly sure historically we would've heard from our managers 4 weeks before our first competitive game.  I'm optimistically taking the fact that we haven't heard from Ferguson at all as a positive.

1 hour ago, ICTChris said:

Depends.  Either things are good and they are moving onto season ticket sales because they are confident that there will be a club next season or they are bad and we desperately need some cash to keep things going over the summer.

That's my concern. Right now they get a 6 figure cash injection from ST's to plug some holes probably hedging bets on further investment form 'ongoing discussions' and trickle down incomes through the season. Which if any fail to materialize we are back in the high risk territory - from a football perspective (other than cup or league prize monies which cannot be pre-forecast) the ST money is the only large injection sum to our club.

The "we now respectfully ask the supporters to rally around the team and management" after 3 weeks of nothing but passive aggressive statements almost having a go at fans (as if it is their fault for being in the sorry position) is hoaching...

On a whole a positive enough statement. Hopefully brighter days are ahead...

1 hour ago, welshbairn said:

Couldn't agree more.