• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SandyCromarty

• RiG

• TheScarf

• PB1994

42 minutes ago, Juanjo Nostalgia said:

Did anyone ever work out what happened with him signing for some English club earlier this summer?

They realised he was too good so released him for his contract so he could play for us.  Very kind of them.

Just now, ICTChris said:

https://ictfc.com/luis-longstaff-signs-for-ictfc/

Cove reunion with Gilmour. 

My least favourite loan of all time at QP. Heart of a mouse and very little ability. Seemed to have done semi okay at cove but giving him a 2 year deal is wild in my eyes, particularly for a side who have aspirations of the promotion play offs 

All Ready for Longstaff and Davidson to now tear us apart first day of the league campaign now 

Just now, Zanetti said:

A team that's serious about challenging in this division giving Luis Longstaff a 2 year deal is absolutely criminal. Jesus Christ, I genuinely cannot believe that.

We’ve been told this about a lot of the players we have signed over the years.

18 minutes ago, ICTChris said:

https://ictfc.com/luis-longstaff-signs-for-ictfc/

Cove reunion with Gilmour. 

Luis did very well at Cove. All of us wanted him to stay if we stayed up. Tricky winger who can tie full backs in knots and has a very decent delivery too. Won't score many but he'll hug the sideline and try to get to the byline at any opportunity.

He really shined with Max Johnston behind him. Clearly the latter was exceptional but with any competent overlapping or supporting full back he should do you a turn.

Downside like many wingers he naturally doesn't win anything aerially and defensively won't offer much.

Hopefully you get the Cove version as the QP one seemed a completely different player. This is his ceiling due to physicality, strength and overall impact I feel 

Edited by CoveRangers1922

2 minutes ago, CoveRangers1922 said:

Luis did very well at Cove. All of us wanted him to stay if we stayed up. Tricky winger who can tie full backs in knots and has a very decent delivery too. Won't score many but he'll hug the sideline and try to get to the byline at any opportunity.

He really shined with Max Johnston behind him. Clearly the latter was exceptional but with any competent overlapping or supporting full back he should do you a turn.

Downside like many wingers he naturally doesn't win anything aerially and defensively won't offer much.

Hopefully you get the Cove version as the QP one seemed a completely different player. This is his ceiling due to physicality, strength and overall impact I feel 

Yeah, for all he was pretty abysmal for us, the little I saw him at Cove, he certainly looked to have improved significantly. Its certainly an unusual career trajectory. Liverpool - QP - Cove - Inverness.

I say good luck to him (except against us of course)

1 minute ago, Arachnophile said:

Yeah, for all he was pretty abysmal for us, the little I saw him at Cove, he certainly looked to have improved significantly. Its certainly an unusual career trajectory. Liverpool - QP - Cove - Inverness.

I say good luck to him (except against us of course)

Moving further north is certainly an interesting way to base your footballing career.

Good to see Gardiner, Robertson and Dodds sticking to the “mates first” policy...

Anyone remember when we, at the end of our worst run of the season, beat Cove 6-0? They got relegated from the league so we’re… signing multiple of their players… to help us get promoted?

Give me a break.

20 minutes ago, Juanjo Nostalgia said:

Good to see Gardiner, Robertson and Dodds sticking to the “mates first” policy...

Anyone remember when we, at the end of our worst run of the season, beat Cove 6-0? They got relegated from the league so we’re… signing multiple of their players… to help us get promoted?

Give me a break.

It is possible for relegated teams to have some good players.

Time will tell if Gilmour and Longstaff are good.

Not sure how this fits into “mates first” either.

13 minutes ago, sophia said:

You don't have to write a zinger post decrying a new or young player to show how cool you are. There's enough evidence on here to show how fraught with embarrassing fail that can be.

On 25/07/2018 at 10:19, TheScarf said:

Indeed. Rooney is no better than McKay so the latter should be our right back. 

😉

46 minutes ago, PB1994 said:

It is possible for relegated teams to have some good players.

Time will tell if Gilmour and Longstaff are good.

Not sure how this fits into “mates first” either.

We all know that Dodds is good mates with Jim McIntyre, now he’s signing multiple of the same players that his mate was signing this time last year.

Do you think they might have had a conversation about it?

Do you think talking to your mate who didn’t even last a season at the worst team in the league is a professional method for scouting talent?

Do you think these signings demonstrate any ambition with regard to getting promoted from the Championship?