"The ICT Thread - From the Premiership to the Seaside"

32 minutes ago, NorthStand10 said:

Dodds can be judged for results and style on the pitch. I think the majority of fans have decided, plus many players.

As for John Robertson I listened to the podcast with the CEO in November last weekend. He described JR as not only a Sporting Director, but performing 3 other roles.

These are overseeing the west stand which is irrelevant, it’s shelved while fundraising. A club ambassador, who spends his weekends commentating for Ross County or selling his book at Tynecastle. He’s apparently overseeing the community hub. Finally, as Sporting Director he has lost his eye for a player, our recruitment has been mainly awful. He’s failing in his “role” and should leave.

The CEO,  brought us PUMA kits, a new website (?) and initially got us fees for departing players (which in fairness he said he would do) but he has done little right since.

The Concert Company was entirely his fault and the Pixellot camera was a total disaster amongst others. He  mentioned the club will be sourcing external funding from a Battery Farm and will benefit from the Freeport - where’s any update on this? If the external funding doesn’t come to fruition, he hasn’t justified his large salary and should leave too.

The baldy sports scientist? The Maltese Doctor? Barry Wilson? Have they improved things?

What fees did we get from selling players? I honestly can’t think of any.

oh sorry, Daniel MacKay.

Edited by PB1994

• Replies 15k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SandyCromarty

• TheScarf

• RiG

• PB1994

John Robertson has clearly two roles at our club, one he as a  BBC pundit at Ross County games and two he is is a Hospitality Greeter at Hearts.

Why the feck are we allowing this phoney at our club?

There is no other club in the championship or any other League that would allow this to happen.

Why does does this little fat shit think that he thinks this is acceptable at our club.?

What's happened to ICT ,  I wasn't expecting much today, coming up against a hardened top 4 championship side,  to be honest we didn't play well, and we didn't really have to,  2 quick goals from mistakes, game over really,   ICT pass the ball about well enough, but final ball or decision making in the final third was as poor as I have seen.

40 minutes against 10 men with a midfield 3 of a combined age of 57,  is Dodds on a shoogly peg or can you not afford to bag him,  

Also, just catching up on the thread about the club running up 800k losses, are you guys now stuck in a tail spin of managed decline.

4 minutes ago, Central Belt Caley said:

It’s neither, our board/CEO genuinely believe the sun shines out of his arse. Jobs for the boys is all it is 

I was watching Dodds second half trying to cajole a performance out his team, that didn't seem interested in what he wanted to change, which is a bad sign

17 minutes ago, SandyCromarty said:

John Robertson has clearly two roles at our club, one he as a  BBC pundit at Ross County games and two he is is a Hospitality Greeter at Hearts.

There is no other club in the championship or any other League that would allow this to happen.

Why does does this little fat shit think that he thinks this is acceptable at our club.?

Spot on Sandy PAL!

14 minutes ago, Passionate said:

What's happened to ICT ,  I wasn't expecting much today, coming up against a hardened top 4 championship side,  to be honest we didn't play well, and we didn't really have to,  2 quick goals from mistakes, game over really,   ICT pass the ball about well enough, but final ball or decision making in the final third was as poor as I have seen.

40 minutes against 10 men with a midfield 3 of a combined age of 57,  is Dodds on a shoogly peg or can you not afford to bag him,  

Also, just catching up on the thread about the club running up 800k losses, are you guys now stuck in a tail spin of managed decline.

We’ve lost 4 of our best/most effective players last season and basically not replaced them.

Deas who was by far the best defender in the championship and brought in precisely zero centre back. Henderson and Mackay out on the wings were our main creative threats have not really been replaced either, only one winger signed so far. Allardice too is gone and we have tried to replace him with Gilmour but we were never going to get some one as good in.

So pretty much our defence is now a shambles, middle of the park is lacking a destroyer, if you want to call it that, and we don’t have anybody out wide to supply decent service to our striker. We do have shaw but he can’t do it alone. All that adds up to an absolute clusterfuck of a squad.

Saying we’ve had a big downgrade from last year doesn’t tell the full story. Last year’s squad was already not good enough, and was a big downgrade on the season before (remember Broadfoot, Chalmers, McAlear, Sutherland, Walsh, etc.)

Two years ago we came 3rd in the league. Last year 6th. Continuing that pattern… 9th this year?

Our next three league games are Dunfermline (H), Raith (A) and Dundee United (H). What are we likely to take from those games? A couple of points at best? There's a very real chance we are bottom after 6 games. 

11 hours ago, SandyCromarty said:

The only rival to that is Barry Ferguson when he was at Alloa. He never did post-match interviews as he had to leave the ground early to do a Rangers podcast.

12 hours ago, PB1994 said:

We’ve lost 4 of our best/most effective players last season and basically not replaced them.

Deas who was by far the best defender in the championship and brought in precisely zero centre back. Henderson and Mackay out on the wings were our main creative threats have not really been replaced either, only one winger signed so far. Allardice too is gone and we have tried to replace him with Gilmour but we were never going to get some one as good in.

So pretty much our defence is now a shambles, middle of the park is lacking a destroyer, if you want to call it that, and we don’t have anybody out wide to supply decent service to our striker. We do have shaw but he can’t do it alone. All that adds up to an absolute clusterfuck of a squad.

No doubt in my mind that Dodds will use the lack of replacement players down to 'a lack of money' excuse.

And his media pals will play on that as they did last season with repeatedly blaming the 'injury crisis''

His spin will be to lay the blame, in a round about way, with the board.

Edited by SandyCromarty

1 hour ago, SandyCromarty said:

No doubt in my mind that Dodds will use the lack of replacement players down to 'a lack of money' excuse.

The thing is we do have a lack of money. The squad appears under funded compared to the last couple of seasons and unfortunately that issue will negatively impact the next manager too.

I think this squad comes 7th at best. Although, I suspect we will need a different manager to get us there. 

PS: I would recommend you acknowledge we did have an injury crisis and we do have a lack of money. Those excuses and Dodds being a bad manager can all be true at the same time. 

5 minutes ago, NorthStand10 said:

The thing is we do have a lack of money. The squad appears under funded compared to the last couple of seasons and unfortunately that issue will negatively impact the next manager too.

I think this squad comes 7th at best. Although, I suspect we will need a different manager to get us there

PS: I would recommend you acknowledge we did have an injury crisis and we do have a lack of money. Those excuses and Dodds being a bad manager can all be true at the same time. 

This is pretty much it. The squad has massive problems but I still think it is one capable of staying up. It needs a good manager in charge though and with Dodds relegation is a very real possibility.

8 hours ago, RiG said:

Our next three league games are Dunfermline (H), Raith (A) and Dundee United (H). What are we likely to take from those games? A couple of points at best? There's a very real chance we are bottom after 6 games. 

Go Crazy Wtf GIF

Not our first rodeo. I think we're up to our 30th rodeo. 

1 hour ago, PB1994 said:

This is pretty much it. The squad has massive problems but I still think it is one capable of staying up. It needs a good manager in charge though and with Dodds relegation is a very real possibility.

This is the same Dodds that got to the playoff final 2 seasons ago and the Scottish Cup final last season, with those injury and financial problems you mention. I think you need a very good manager to do better than Dodds - looking from the outside.

New signings imminent.

'One or two in' before Friday.

https://www.pressandjournal.co.uk/fp/sport/football/inverness-caledonian-thistle/6071911/caley-thistle-signings-imminent-after-defeat-leads-to-bottom-spot/

Dodds -

He said: “Hopefully we get one or two in. They need it because they are fragile bunch with a lot of young lads in there. We need people who are going to grind it out with attitude.

“We are a good team, but we aren’t giving ourselves a chance – we have done it from the start of the season, and we are continuing it, and it has to stop. We are not getting rewards.''

So are we getting a new center back?

We could do with four or five new faces rather than just one or two.

2 minutes ago, jagsfan57 said:

This is the same Dodds that got to the playoff final 2 seasons ago and the Scottish Cup final last season, with those injury and financial problems you mention. I think you need a very good manager to do better than Dodds - looking from the outside.

There is why you are completely wrong.