• Replies 14.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SandyCromarty

• RiG

• TheScarf

• PB1994

This is going to go one of two ways. He’s going to be a success and will attract interest from higher up the league. Or he’s going be out the door within 3 months. 
personally think it will be the latter. 

2 hours ago, ICTChris said:

Video of Ferguson coaching the Everton first team during his second spell as caretaker.

I like that the first five minutes of that is just the camera man saying “morning” to various levels of response.  It’s like that scene from the Wire.  

It also reminded me that some footballers lack even basic common decency.  

On 27/09/2023 at 12:50, Moorie said:

This is going to go one of two ways. He’s going to be a success and will attract interest from higher up the league. Or he’s going be out the door within 3 months. 
personally think it will be the latter. 

Nah, there is a middle option which I hope happens. ICT finish just outside the promotion play offs. Think Dunc will do alright, but not that great either. 

County need the derby if the worst happens which is a real possibilty this season despite the alright start this year.

Would be really crap if County got relegated without the derby bonus. That usually is a given. While many County fans would laugh if ICT relegated, would be really bad for the area. I miss the derby, it brings fans to both clubs and it's been too long.

If somehow he turned it around and ICT got promoted, then I'd be happy as long as County stayed up... which I doubt at the mo

On 27/09/2023 at 12:39, SandyCromarty said:

If he does well with us then it's possible another club comes in for him and we will benefit with Compo.

In two days of pure delusion I think this is the funniest one yet. Under what circumstances would another club possibly think that the work Duncan Ferguson had done in the Scottish second tier would warrant paying a fee to take him? Has this in fact ever happened in history?

23 minutes ago, Thumper said:

In two days of pure delusion I think this is the funniest one yet. Under what circumstances would another club possibly think that the work Duncan Ferguson had done in the Scottish second tier would warrant paying a fee to take him? Has this in fact ever happened in history?

Steve Paterson to Aberdeen just off the top of my head.

Or Robbo to Hearts.  Or Brewster to Dundee United.

Are you seriously suggesting that no manager has ever left a Scottish second tier side to go to another club because they were doing a good job.

Celtic manager Brendan Rodgers is open to offering advice and loan signing to new Inverness manager Duncan Ferguson - BBC Sport

"We connected when he was at Everton. I'm always open to helping whatever manager or coach needs it," Rodgers said.

"And obviously we [Leicester City] faced Everton when he was in temporary charge. We got chatting for a good bit around that. We have communication, not every single day but my phone is there for him if he ever wanted to reach out.

"I think it's great for him. He clearly wants to do well in management, he spent a long time in coaching and going up to Inverness - a lovely part of the world - they'll want to do well in their football and so will he. We exchanged messages the other day."

I've been told by a relative of a player that nothing is happening before the loan deadline due to the short notice for the potential signings, so it looks like we're stuck with Dodds' duds until January, but you never know.

2 hours ago, TheScarf said:

I've been told by a relative of a player that nothing is happening before the loan deadline due to the short notice for the potential signings, so it looks like we're stuck with Dodds' duds until January, but you never know.

According to the CEO today there are loans coming in but ICT won’t be paying anything in wages.  Nothing agreed yet, but there will be.  

Also said Scott Brown was interviewed, as well as a current top flight player, who has an NDA, but who wants to quit playing.  He was the fall back option.  “A seriously major name” he said.  

That fellow Carson is lovely, by the way.  

Trying to think of anything else he said.  Ferguson’s the top paid employee in the club’s history by a mile, but he’s financed by one of the directors so if it all goes to pot, the club aren’t up the creek   

Edited by Savage Henry

2 hours ago, TheScarf said:

There’s always the “emergency” loan route.

4 minutes ago, Savage Henry said:

According to the CEO today there are loans coming in but ICT won’t be paying anything in wages.  Nothing agreed yet, but there will be.  

Also said Scott Brown was interviewed, as well as a current top flight player, who has an NDA, but who wants to quit playing.  He was the fall back option.  “A seriously major name” he said.  

That fellow Carson is lovely, by the way.  

Trying to think of anything else he said.  Ferguson’s the top paid employee in the club’s history by a mile, but he’s financed by one of the directors so if it all goes to pot, the club aren’t up the creek   

I know you’re a county fan and you’re in at the stadium through work just hope you’re not bamming us up though :lol:

2 minutes ago, Central Belt Caley said:

I know you’re a county fan and you’re in at the stadium through work just hope you’re not bamming us up though :lol:

No word of a lie.  I’ve probably said too much already.  I will say your CEO is remarkably open.  

Billy McKay has the weirdest accent.  Nice guy.