• Replies 14.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SandyCromarty

• RiG

• TheScarf

• PB1994

I’ve always thought Sean Welsh is a brilliant midfielder and a brilliant player to have… if he played for free. 

Obviously the injuries are the reason he’s at this level but why anyone would give him an 18 month deal is beyond me. 

2 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

why anyone would give him an 18 month deal is beyond me. 

If you know, you know.

2 minutes ago, Central Belt Caley said:

Reckon Doran’s here til the end of his deal tbh, can’t see anyone wanting him and it’ll be Elgin/Brora etc when he’s done here 

Elgin with Draper I reckon.

1 minute ago, D'Jaffo said:

We’ve got a 37 year old, dynamic, former international attacking midfielder if he’s interested. 

Youre joking but his first permanents signings with us were an injury prone 33yo CM and a 35yo winger.

4 hours ago, Central Belt Caley said:

Us and a few other Champ teams are sniffing about Lee Ashcroft apparently. If Raith and Partick are interested can’t see us having much chance tbh 

I'd heard he was off to Raith.

Sean Welsh is an excellent player but as everyone will note he has fitness issues. He’s probably missed 50% or so of of the clubs games since he signed for us. He’s not really been in contention this season, Anderson and Gilmour have established themselves in the middle.

I’m a bit uneasy about him going to a direct rival, smacks a bit of Yogi loaning Lewis Vaughan to Dumbarton who then relegated his ‘home’ team.

40 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

I’ve always thought Sean Welsh is a brilliant midfielder and a brilliant player to have… if he played for free. 

Obviously the injuries are the reason he’s at this level but why anyone would give him an 18 month deal is beyond me. 

He is still brilliant but the problem is he misses 10 games for every 2 or 3 he plays in. He will be one of our higher earners so I’m okay with getting him out of the door.

I do agree with being uneasy about him going to a team we are fighting it out with at the bottom of the table though.

Midfield was an area we arguably needed to strengthen so I'm surprised that he's being let go whilst we are a little short of numbers / quality especially when he seems to have returned to full fitness again. 

Good player on his day but too unreliable in terms of fitness. Never seem to get a good run of games form him. 120 appearances in almost 6 years back that up.

Clearly shows Dunc is trying to tidy up whats in house - removing high earners perhaps who arent giving value or those not at the level required. Doran next along with Lodivica, Samuels, Ram & Brooks please.

6 minutes ago, bdu98196 said:

Good player on his day but too unreliable in terms of fitness. Never seem to get a good run of games form him. 120 appearances in almost 6 years back that up.

Clearly shows Dunc is trying to tidy up whats in house - removing high earners perhaps who arent giving value or those not at the level required. Doran next along with Lodivica, Samuels, Ram & Brooks please.

Madness that Brooks is included in that list.

10 minutes ago, bdu98196 said:

Rams not been at the club for about 6 months :lol:

It’s absolutely imperative that Welsh leaves the club asap. As others have said he’ll be on a good wage and we get no benefit from him being injured all the time. He’s at the top of my ‘players we need to release’ list.

A fine player, but we never see him on the park enough.

Edited by TheScarf

47 minutes ago, Derry Alli said:

I'd heard he was off to Raith.

Courier, who generally tend to be quite consistent on these parts, had it that there were lots of teams chasing but a deal won't happen until Dundee have cover there. You'd think that Dundee will see us as a really good option given where we're at. 

7 minutes ago, Central Belt Caley said:

Rams not been at the club for about 6 months :lol:

Missed that announcement - just assumed he was one of the perma-crocks or lurking in the shadows waiting the next injury crisis