"The ICT Thread - From the Premiership to the Seaside"

4 minutes ago, Central Belt Caley said:

Tbf it would be such an us thing to do to just name a new signing in the starting lineup or on the bench without announcing it first

That thought did also cross my mind.

• Replies 14.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SandyCromarty

• RiG

• TheScarf

• PB1994

Please for the sake of mine & every other Caley fans sanity get a striker that can actually score in the Championship🙏🙏 Mckay isn't past it quite yet but he can't do it on his own he struggles without decent support which Wotherspoon was providing.

Brooks just isn't ready yet. He's got potential but he won't fulfil it this season he needs a loan spell in league 1 or 2. He looks a lost boy in some games.... 

I used to think Samuels could step up after Mckay but I've given up. He had a purple patch when we first got him but he's always injured these days. He's very inconsistent as well. Some games he's decent some games he's rank rotten. He's got speed though which is always helpful in the Championship but he's certainly not a capable, consistent finisher. 

Sheridan is past it I won't be surprised if he retires after he's done with us. Good delivery from Harper & Sheridan couldn't even get it on target. I don't think he's done on Monday like Wotherspoon I think he's with us till end of this month cause he signed at the end of October a week or two after we signed Wotherspoon. 

I was off the impression their contracts ran out at the start of this month but Wotherspoons contract runs out on Monday which is 3 months after we signed him. 

This is why I think we got Sheridan for another game or 2.. especially if we can't sign another striker quick enough.

Lodovica is just hopeless probably one of the worst strikers I've  ever seen and now that he's injured we won't be able to offload him till the summer..... no doubt if he wasn't injured he probably would've joined the departures yesterday.

Edited by Supercaleyman94

I don't want to hope anybody gets injured (well, Johnson, Trump, Putin, Cameron aside) but I fear in the general way of things Welsh may come back to bite the Caley in a Todorovvy kind of way.

Current state of our squad is thus:
Goalkeepers

Mark Ridgers

Cammy Mackay

Defence

Cameron Harper

Lewis Nicholson

Wallace Duffy

Danny Devine

Jake Davidson

Morgan Boyes (loan)

Nikola Ujdur

James Carragher

Midfield

David Carson

Roddy Macgregor

Aaron Doran

Charlie Gilmour

Robbie Thompson

Max Anderson (loan)

Nathan Shaw

Luis Longstaff

Forwards

Austin Samuels (long term injured)

Billy Mckay

Harry Lodovica (long term injured)

Adam Brooks

Please let me know if I’ve missed anyone.

Another two strikers, 2 midfielders (or a right back and push Carson into midfield). Maybe some cover at left back too. 

I’m expecting at least 2/3 additions this week. You’d imagine we’ve got some people lined up and it was a case of getting Welsh and Delaney out the door before bringing any others in

At Belladrum the wee lassies are often to be found front of stage hoping for 15 seconds of fame via the boom camera. In the depth of winter on Friday I recalled those summer days and all that was different behind the north stand goal was gender. It was all quite cute. 

What was more concerning was the incident involving a smoke bomb that was lit and thrown from the back of the stand downwards. 

What utter scumbag behaviour.

No pyro, no party was their song but it was a scabby and singular device. Not quite rock n roll but there we are.