• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SandyCromarty

• RiG

• TheScarf

• PB1994

54 minutes ago, ICTChris said:

Psyched to sign a couple of 19 year olds on loan from Huddersfield who have never played a first team game/men's football in their lives this week.

Indeed

Highly unlikely.  We've only just free'd up a couple of thousand bob a week so we've probably only started negotiations with agents etc. 

We'll probably sign two today now I've said that of course. it would be good to see if we could get some PCAs for next season.  There's a hell of a lot of boys in the Premiership and Championship out of contract in June.  Would be good to tie up a few of our lads on new deals too.

I'd be trying to get Dan MacKay back up the road, his Hibs deal is up in June.

4 hours ago, TheScarf said:

it would be good to see if we could get some PCAs for next season.  There's a hell of a lot of boys in the Premiership and Championship out of contract in June.  Would be good to tie up a few of our lads on new deals too.

Agreed, but with us being mid-table shite (at best) right now its hard to see who would want to commit to that from a higher level club. So we will loose out with targets ending up elsewhere who are better prospects - even if we turned it round and got promoted via play-offs we will be again scraping about in the dross. Typically signing crocks or guys who have to align that their careers arent where they expected to be any more.

A forwards would be nice though preferably before Saturday so we can at least show some optimism that anyone other than Billy will prevent a cup embarassement

20 minutes ago, Central Belt Caley said:

He’s got another year to go still, I think he signed a 4 year deal at Hibs. Wouldn’t surprise me if he ends up back here though. 

You're right.  And I believe Livi have an option to buy him too.

On 15/01/2024 at 09:05, ICTChris said:

Psyched to sign a couple of 19 year olds on loan from Huddersfield this week.

Phone lines to every English League One club must be down.

On 16/01/2024 at 13:55, Central Belt Caley said:

He’s got another year to go still, I think he signed a 4 year deal at Hibs. Wouldn’t surprise me if he ends up back here though. 

Think he's out injured at the moment.

I hope the roaster that launched the pyro from the rear of section E is LWed or otherwise identified. 

More generally I noted the significant number of patrons that were overly compromised by what they had previously imbibed. One notable individual wore his half bottle of buckfast in his back pocket with apparent pride. 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/articles/c6p1pdmnrn0o

3 minutes ago, sophia said:

I hope the roaster that launched the pyro from the rear of section E is LWed or otherwise identified. 

More generally I noted the significant number of patrons that were overly compromised by what they had previously imbibed. One notable individual wore his half bottle of buckfast in his back pocket with apparent pride. 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/articles/c6p1pdmnrn0o

Sophia, nobody cares. Nobody likes a grass. Friday night was the best atmosphere there’s been at the ground this season and that should be encouraged.

Granted it’s not ideal the way somebody has lobbed the flare, but in the grand scheme of things it’s really not worth pontificating about.