"The ICT Thread - From the Premiership to the Seaside"

11 minutes ago, Juanhourjoe said:

Not sure the point of this one. Is he really better at RB than Carson. If not, that's a lot of RB options not doing anything. Not sure there's the space for Carson to move into a more central role either, with MacGregor and Doran coming back.

But we'll see how he does anyway 

Carson at CM is quite a different offer from MacGregor or Doran. Also great to have a bit more depth. Dunc seems intent on using wing-backs, and without Kerr the drop-off after Harper and Carson is massive.

• Replies 14.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SandyCromarty

• RiG

• TheScarf

• PB1994

Yeah, I think it is a good move. Have Carson and Gilmour sitting and let Anderson get further forward. Doran is done at this level and MacGregor is made of glass.

I keep thinking we need to get a winger in but if we are sticking to this back 5/back 3 with wing backs then it would be a bit pointless. Still another Wotherspoon type would be good.

Edited by PB1994

46 minutes ago, Juanjo Nostalgia said:

Carson at CM is quite a different offer from MacGregor or Doran. Also great to have a bit more depth. Dunc seems intent on using wing-backs, and without Kerr the drop-off after Harper and Carson is massive.

Yeah it's a good deal for me.  If it's going to be 352 then a midfield 3 of Anderson, Gilmour and Carson should work well.

Id go a back 3 of Carragher, Ujdur, Boyes

2 wingbacks of Kerr and Harper

A midfield 3 of Anderson, Gilmour and Carson

Samuel in behind McKay with Nathan Shaw dropping out.

This gives us the likes of Doran, Macgregor, Brookes, Longstaff and Shaw off the bench.

19 hours ago, Central Belt Caley said:

Ridgers

Kerr Carragher Ujdur Boyes Harper

Gilmour  Carson

Anderson

Shaw/Samuel Mckay

Big Dunc is cooking 

Big Dunc this transfer window:

Perhaps is the Big Man just shuffling the pack and means Davidson is away. Thats what I hope it is anyway. 

Edited by TheScarf

14 minutes ago, TDog said:

Boyes away?

Given livis position and how well he has played, there is a possibility he may be recalled 

That's Davidson away then it's  obvious Dunc doesn't rate him. Boyes is staying otherwise he wouldn't have played last week in the cup game, same with Anderson. If people can remember back to our game against Cowdenbeath in November neither of our loan players were in the squad cause their parent clubs didn't want them being cup tied so the fact they played last week gives me the impression they're staying.

Devine won't be going we need his experience plus he's been pretty solid recently. Udjur is pretty decent at this level so can't see Dunc getting rid of him. 

Duffy will probably stay for CB & RB cover. So that just leaves Davidson... neither the fans or the manager rate him & he's not had a lot of minutes under Ferguson. So aye reckon he'll be gone by end of the month.

Cammy Kerr isn't a great footballer but he's a 100%'er - to the point he gained a bit of infamy by taking his lass at the time (well before the Jane Park shenanigans) to the local park to practice his throw-ins. He cuts about Dundee constantly just wearing club gear and is pretty much the stereotype of what you'd imagine Duncan Ferguson loves in a player.

He's not very good, but he'll put his body on the line and leave it all out on the pitch every single week.

I wouldn’t be having David Carson replacing Welsh in midfield. Carson’s good for a scrappy battle away to Arbroath but couldn’t lace Welsh’s boot’s ability wise.