• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SandyCromarty

• TheScarf

• RiG

• PB1994

1 hour ago, RiG said:

It was a winner for the club as they "owned" the land so it meant one less issue to deal with. However you are right in saying that trying to site this kind of scheme at this location was, on the face of it, daft and the club never really justified the loss of green space. That said, I do have some sympathy for them in that only a very small portion of the Fairways site would be lost to the development but they should have done a better job of arguing that point and that seems to be where the application fell down. The point about sledging though is ridiculous :lol:  

All 18 holes of that golf course will be houses soon enough as well. The council won’t be giving a f**k about the loss of green space when that happens.

1 hour ago, parsboi said:

It’s always the fans who suffer when those entrusted to run our clubs are negligent.   

Perhaps the fans should do something about the negligence and  'entrusting' officials, instead of giving it crocodile tears when some consequences occur years down the line. 

1 hour ago, RiG said:

It was a winner for the club as they "owned" the land so it meant one less issue to deal with. However you are right in saying that trying to site this kind of scheme at this location was, on the face of it, daft and the club never really justified the loss of green space. That said, I do have some sympathy for them in that only a very small portion of the Fairways site would be lost to the development but they should have done a better job of arguing that point and that seems to be where the application fell down. The point about sledging though is ridiculous :lol:  

How do ICT own that land? I had always assumed it was land adjacent to the stadium somewhere that they were looking to develop (note: sadly I've never been up to watch a match there so don't know how daft that assumption may have been). It looks like it's actually on the other side of the town? 

I see Gardiner is still doing his bit for long-term relationship building with his comments here. He comes across as a right ar*ehole: 

https://www.pressandjournal.co.uk/fp/news/inverness/6402170/caley-thistle-to-appeal-battery-scheme-rejection/

After the meeting Scot Gardiner said: “We’re not surprised but extremely disappointed.

“There are probably no words to say how disappointed we are and no words to say how angry we are.

“We now have a real challenge on our hands in relation to what we do with the football club to make sure this is not a catastrophic blow.”

ICT has said it would receive a £3.4m lump sum from selling the battery company to an undisclosed buyer.

This would be used to help secure Caley Thistle’s future and support community programmes.

Mr Gardiner said losing the money is a huge setback: “It would be a huge blow for any club below the top three. But that’s what happened and we have to address that.

“We will appeal to Scottish Government.”

He added: “The arguments by some of the naysayers was the classic argument of a NIMBY – I’m all for this but just not here.

“If you’re an investor in Inverness, especially in relation to renewable energy, it would seem Highland Council talks the talk but doesn’t actually walk the walk.”

Mr Gardiner said it was significant that so many people were not allowed to vote on the plans.

Edited by Lanky Highlander

3 hours ago, TheScarf said:

It's likely to be approved on appeal to the SG, but f**k me, I'm sick to fucking death about hearing about this cunting battery farm.

Edit - Scot Gardiner is a bald, *** b*****d too. It's good to remind everyone every so often.

What makes it’s likely to be approved on appeal mate? Honest question coming from sheer ignorance of all matters local council planning!

ICT should have filed the battery farm under an artistic statement after all this has succeeded in the past with our joke of a council. The mistake was to mention it had anything to do with sport.

Anyone know what is the point in this expensive white elephant V which pissed off the local anglers and looks like a barely started stone footbridge which ran out of money to complete, which did happen. 🤣

There's no place like Inverness.

image.thumb.jpeg.320b8a03f761dbe333451059394dd274.jpeg

6 hours ago, Broken Algorithms said:

Someone suggesting that the space shouldn't be used because in the winter it's a popular area for sledging. 

I haven't forgiven them for allowing building on Drummuie hill in Golspie as it was brilliant for sledging.

Also on that Inverness page, guy advertising dog parties......

54 minutes ago, HIT THE CHANNEL said:

What makes it’s likely to be approved on appeal mate? Honest question coming from sheer ignorance of all matters local council planning!

The SG are rock hard for net zero and this battery farm construction would help towards that.

Anyway that’s by the by. Ross Morrison and Scot Gardiner need to be hounded out of Europe, preferably off the earth actually, and into orbit. 

1 hour ago, CityDave94 said:

ICT should have filed the battery farm under an artistic statement after all this has succeeded in the past with our joke of a council. The mistake was to mention it had anything to do with sport.

Anyone know what is the point in this expensive white elephant V which pissed off the local anglers and looks like a barely started stone footbridge which ran out of money to complete, which did happen. 🤣

I walked past that the other day and did wonder what the need for a viewing platform was at a point of the river where footbridges aren't far away in either direction and you can have a nice view walking along the path as it is, with crossing to the islands also an option for a closer look.

3 hours ago, par-adise said:

How do ICT own that land? I had always assumed it was land adjacent to the stadium somewhere that they were looking to develop (note: sadly I've never been up to watch a match there so don't know how daft that assumption may have been). It looks like it's actually on the other side of the town? 

The land is owned by ex Caley Director David Sutherland and one other.

The proposed area of land the project requires is only a small part of the overall acreage, no doubt we will now see a housing development application lodged for the remaining land, and possibly blocks of flats built.

The project will get the go ahead from the Scottish Government as it falls into their renewable policies.

8 minutes ago, SandyCromarty said:

Interesting to know which councillors voted against.

Presumably the ones Caley and their fans were unable to sufficiently intimidate. 

1 hour ago, CityDave94 said:

Just preparing for the rising water levels for the anglers? They don't seem too bothered about the net zero stuff so maybe thought it's best to prepare. 

4 hours ago, virginton said:

Perhaps the fans should do something about the negligence and  'entrusting' officials, instead of giving it crocodile tears when some consequences occur years down the line. 

Worry about your own club you're a Morton fan presumably from Greenock why do you care so much about Inverness? We don't want your pennies worth. We've tried our best to back the club anyway we can. It's not our fault that the board & now the Highland Council have shafted us big time.

I wouldn't wish this uncertainty on any club or their fans even if a couple of fans on P&B pissed me off so much that I'm still raging about it years later.

9 minutes ago, Supercaleyman94 said:

Worry about your own club you're a Morton fan presumably from Greenock why do you care so much about Inverness? We don't want your pennies worth. We've tried our best to back the club anyway we can. It's not our fault that the board & now the Highland Council have shafted us big time.

Horseshit. Inverness CT have been registering losses of £800,000, £1 million and similarly outrageous sums on an annual basis at this level for years. All of those figures have been in the public domain. There is no hidden financial bombshell - they've been dropping from a clear sky for fucking years. 

What have you done about this? Have you registered your alarm with the way the club is being run into the ground financially - note financial management, not the fact that you're festering in the second tier? What fan organisations have been formed to protest and end this mismanagement? Just last week Gardiner and other club lackeys deflected attention to the Big Bad Council and the guaranteed windfall you stood to lose - how many attendees continued to lap up that pish even at this late stage? 

For you to then complain about being 'shafted' by Highland Council is absolutely risible. They are not actually responsible for keeping your buckshee Monorail operation in business for another few years. 

Edited by vikingTON

The club is fucked tbh. There’s nothing to be done. If we go into administration maybe something can be salvaged but it’s been decades of mismanagement. We were in a roughly similar position in 2002 but the effective takeover by Tullochs/David Sutherland allowed us to get past it. Something similar would need to happen now but there’s no Tullochs right now.