"The ICT Thread - From the Premiership to the Seaside"

On 10/05/2024 at 20:57, C4mmy31 said:

Cameron Harper, any good?

The rumour down this way is he's Killie bound in the summer.

One of the most promising attacking left backs in Scotland. If it wasn't for players like Harper we'd be in a lot more trouble.. I'm gutted he's leaving for nothing cause we definitely would've got a decent fee for him. 

If Killie do sign him up that's two absolute bargains from Inverness they've found in Deas & Harper 

• Replies 14.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SandyCromarty

• RiG

• TheScarf

• PB1994

On 11/05/2024 at 06:37, RiG said:

Similarly when MacKay and MacGregor burst onto the scene the latter I was sure would progress further. Funny old game etc. 

What is going on with Daniel at Hibs, the last three seasons he's been out on loan, Hib Observer, The National and the Herald papers saying that he's not sure where his future lies, Livingston have an option to buy his contract at the end of May.

2 hours ago, Connor Macleod said:

One of the most promising attacking left backs in Scotland. If it wasn't for players like Harper we'd be in a lot more trouble.. I'm gutted he's leaving for nothing cause we definitely would've got a decent fee for him. 

If Killie do sign him up that's two absolute bargains from Inverness they've found in Deas & Harper 

Agree, Deas is a Rolls Royce, if we sign Harper, hopefully just as impressive.

The source is the same one who told us about Deas way before it became official, so fingers crossed his info is just as accurate.

Weird to think that we are disappointed that Harper is moving on. Only a couple of years ago it looked like he might be in the last chance saloon for his time at ICT but he's really improved in the last season or so. I don't think he's playing as well as Deas was before he left but he's going to be a big miss when (not if) he leaves in the summer. 

32 minutes ago, RiG said:

Weird to think that we are disappointed that Harper is moving on. Only a couple of years ago it looked like he might be in the last chance saloon for his time at ICT but he's really improved in the last season or so. I don't think he's playing as well as Deas was before he left but he's going to be a big miss when (not if) he leaves in the summer. 

I think defensively there will still be some questions if he can handle the step up to a higher level as he isn’t the best in that regard.

Its the right time for him to move on as another year in the championship won’t do him any good at all, if we are even in this league next season. 

Good luck to him, he more than deserves his move and will be a big loss for us.

2 hours ago, C4mmy31 said:

Agree, Deas is a Rolls Royce, if we sign Harper, hopefully just as impressive.

The source is the same one who told us about Deas way before it became official, so fingers crossed his info is just as accurate.

Oh aye Deas is a Roll Royce. The best CB we've had since we got relegated from the top flight. Harper may not be as good as Deas but he's still a very promising LB with heaps of potential if Killie get the best out of him he'll turn into a very decent player

Killie have a good shout cause I can't see him wanting to move to Charlton or another English team he'll probably want to stay in Scotland & be closer to family. 

One thing is for certain he won't still be with ICT after the Summer... (sobbing into a pillow as I write this) 

On 13/05/2024 at 15:47, SandyCromarty said:

What is going on with Daniel at Hibs, the last three seasons he's been out on loan, Hib Observer, The National and the Herald papers saying that he's not sure where his future lies, Livingston have an option to buy his contract at the end of May.

I’d be astonished if he wasn’t a Ross County player next season.  

What's the likely scenario at Caley if you come to Hell? Is it as bad as having to PT straight away? For selfish reasons I assume Hamilton would be better staying given they have Rankin in charge, but if things are that bad at Caley it may be a better outcome if it's yourselves. Though Hamilton is easier to get to as well so that's another reason for wanting you lot to stay up. 

1 hour ago, 19QOS19 said:

What's the likely scenario at Caley if you come to Hell? Is it as bad as having to PT straight away? For selfish reasons I assume Hamilton would be better staying given they have Rankin in charge, but if things are that bad at Caley it may be a better outcome if it's yourselves. Though Hamilton is easier to get to as well so that's another reason for wanting you lot to stay up. 

It's no secret that many clubs and their fans grudge the trip north.

Fair to say though that some make a weekend of of it.

And, as I've said many times it was your Willie Harkness when chairman of he SFA who denied Inverness teams accessing senior football citing the journey for QOS.

5 hours ago, 19QOS19 said:

I could be wrong but I think the chairman said we’ll be full time regardless of what league we’re in but what looks like for the club as a whole isn’t clear. 
If we do go down then it’s been suggested that the youth academy could get canned etc. Which is a terrible idea but needs must

4 hours ago, scottbamby said:

Were the fans singing “you don’t know what you’re doing” to Ferguson tonight?

Yes, When Samuel was coming off for Pepple.

Then he scored...i did chuckle at that to be fair

That's when it was being sung but I don't think it was in relation to the sub itself as Pepple had been getting some pretty supportive chants as he had been warming up. I think it was more the fact that we had been utter dogshit for the first 60 minutes and some of the players were turning in a honking performance (Anderson, Longstaff etc). 

29 minutes ago, Dennis_WYNESS said:

Yes, When Samuel was coming off for Pepple.

Then he scored...i did chuckle at that to be fair

It had absolutely nothing to do with Pepple coming on. It was the fact it wasn’t one of the dreadful midfielders coming off.

2 minutes ago, Central Belt Caley said:

Longstaff was genuinely dreadful, he’s too lightweight to play in the centre of midfield. If he starts on Saturday it’s an utter joke 

Wouldn’t be at all surprised if he starts.

I still can’t believe it wasn’t him taken off for Pepple. There was a chance for him to take a shot on the edge of the box which he didn’t take, shock, choosing to take 15 unnecessary touches before losing the ball and the crowd just lost it with him. Pepple was called over to the bench straight after but it appears Ferguson is a stubborn c**t who won’t change things that are clearly not working. 

I thought Anderson was your best player in the first half yesterday, his energy was causing Hamilton problems in there. Second half he wasn't as effective playing in the deeper role.

4 minutes ago, FFC 1876 said:

I thought Anderson was your best player in the first half yesterday, his energy was causing Hamilton problems in there. Second half he wasn't as effective playing in the deeper role.

He is 100% better when he plays alongside Gilmour as he can get up and down the pitch more but being our best player in the first half is no achievement. Everyone was awful.

A fit Gilmour, Lawal and Anderson would be our best midfield imo.