"The ICT Thread - From the Premiership to the Seaside"

10 minutes ago, baba douche said:

Carlo Ancelotti wanted to take Duncan Ferguson to Real Madrid with him.

Duncan Ferguson knocked Ancelotti and Real Madrid back.

Just let that sink in for a minute...

He's snubbed away games in Andalucia in favour of away games in Annan.

• Replies 17k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SandyCromarty

• TheScarf

• RiG

• PB1994

12 hours ago, mcjameos said:

I don't understand, how have things got so bad. I don't recall you recruiting expensive players and living beyond your means. Also surely last year's cup run netted a significant amount of cash ?

12 hours ago, RiG said:

I don't have the energy to go into the details but the short version is we've been a basket case off the pitch for years. We've frequently made losses which good cup runs or directors covered. In an effort to diversify income Gardiner et al looked at having concerts at the ground and battery farms. None of these have been handled well and the club has pissed off local businesses and lost more money. Meanwhile, results on the pitch have been honking and (some? most?) fans have felt like the club have forgotten about them as many stories have been told of poor communication between supporters and the club leaving some alienated. It's been a cluster f'ck for a long time and arguably this moment has been coming. 

12 hours ago, Super Staggie said:

Well said as much as it pains me to say I'm sorry about the state of affairs but it's been coming and it's well and truly come to rest with a squad of clowns a manager who is is clearly at different levels from his players and a boss who is someone who should be pilloried at the mercat cross for being Scott Gardiner.

Interesting and concerning stuff, and relevant given the current lowly state of my own struggling side (QOS).  Is it not particularly apparent to fans of clubs such as County and QP that for clubs of "our size" to hope to consistently compete at a decently high level requires substantial injection of external funding (which County and QP fortunately currently have)?  Otherwise, relying on self-generated income alone, these higher aspirations are simply not sustainable over any medium to long term - as ICT have now found out.

Whilst QOS (from a town of 40k residents and a larger catchment area) are a sizeable (in Scottish terms) club with significant periods of top flight (in a then 18 club top league) presence in their history, they have never got close to a return to the current top flight (of only 12 clubs) within the recent history of the smaller league structures.  This current league structure is prejudiced against clubs of this size, and of course it was conceived for this very purpose by the "elite" clubs in order to corral and hoard the majority of the available (OF driven) funding and to keep the minnows "where they belong".

I get that there has been a recent history of bad management at all levels at ICT which can't be ignored, but the wider picture is just depressing.

I like big Dunc,big character and a big presence for sure. However, did the alarm bells not start ringing when looking at his managerial stats pre ICT  tenure ?....just saying like .

3 hours ago, SandyCromarty said:

I will not be renewing my ST if Gardiner and Ferguson remain at the club, and from what I'm hearing there will be others doing the same.

😂 Walking away is the ICT way 😂

3 hours ago, Harry Kinnear said:

I did the same, as did many others when we were relegated to League One to try and force change at boardroom level. It worked and we are now in a good place, fan owned with everything on the up retail, crowds etc and a board that understands and are very much at one with our support.

It’s been a long haul and there might be darker days before you get there but you have to stick with it. Good luck, I would hate to see ICT disappear as have had many good trips up to see the Bairns.

Not renewing the ST is the only way the board has to accept the principal that fans have the financial influence.

I respect the fans who made a raucous vocal condemnation yesterday but the board will not react to that by putting it down to mob rule, the only way a board will make change is by fans refusing to purchase ST's unless certain criteria is met, for me that is the removal of Ferguson and Gardiner.

Once that is achieved I will have no hesitation in purchasing my ST.

3 hours ago, RiG said:

The Samuels sub and his mood at coming on summed up the farcical Ferguson reign. A manager woefully out of his depth having to turn to a player he's completely marginalised over the last few months in a desperate attempt to save his skin with said player completely demotivated. Another masterclass from Large Duncan. 

I had presumed Samuels was injured. He’s always looked good against us so surprised Ferguson has frozen him out. I’d take him next season if he’s available.

21 minutes ago, Reid said:

I had presumed Samuels was injured. He’s always looked good against us so surprised Ferguson has frozen him out. I’d take him next season if he’s available.

He’s pretty poor in all honesty, he’s got pace but is one of those players that doesn’t seem to have the ability to strike a ball cleanly.
That doesn’t excuse the way he’s been treated however 

27 minutes ago, Reid said:

He isn’t a very good footballer to be honest. He is just fast but that is something we were severely lacking and he deserved at least a shot on the park to try something different.

Can someone talk me through what’s happened here? Inverness fans singing “you’re going down with the Arbroath” at Hampden a few weeks ago. Just looking to see how that ended up.

Spoiler

6ef8cb11-996d-4fbb-a34d-1cefd6ebaf71.jpeg.2ee4e4099b6a0362166be571d45c78a6.jpeg

14 hours ago, virginton said:

They've been living beyond their means each and every season - to the tune of fully £800,000 per year before Scot Gardiner even slithered into the premises.

Inverness Caledonian Thistle is the Potemkin village of Scottish football. 

Yeah, get these ICTers telt. Morton would never have allowed themselves to be run at a huge loss year after year (with nothing whatsoever to show for it). You clearly knew all along that your sweetie tycoon would agree to write off £2.5m of debt, allowing you to continue as a going concern. Nothing to see here.

I like Caley Thistle and I hope they are back in the Championship sooner rather than later.

Posted (edited)

Fear for for ICT. I'm not really into the grave dancing. They have been making huge losses and christ knows what relegation will do to them.

Edited by Chubbychops