"The ICT Thread - From the Premiership to the Seaside"

I think they’ve expected the fans to be buzzing about the fact that they are going to try and solve the problem by carrying on chucking cash at it. If that’s what they want to do with their money then fire on but the person(s) running the club/team have shown that they are fucking useless with the money given.

I hope whatever is released over the next few days shows there is going to be some serious change within the club and they are going to start trying to rebuild bridges with the local businesses. The fact that we are the only club in the highlands that can’t even run a hospitality package most weeks never mind filling it is beyond embarrassing.

What’s the definition of madness? Doing the same thing over and over again and expecting a different result.

• Replies 14.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SandyCromarty

• RiG

• TheScarf

• PB1994

They’re taking their time to hopefully dissipate the anger. Let things smooth over. They don’t realise that the heart and soul has been demolished within a season. The link between the people of the town and the club was delicate but the concert fiasco completely fucked any link with the club and local businesses. On the other side of the city you watch as the Highland rugby club have started doing corporate packages for their SECOND team! You can’t get a table for the first XV games for love nor money so they’ve started on the reserves! We can’t even get a full house for our league games. The Highland example of home grown talent coming through the ranks is exceptional - there’s a link between city, schools, businesses that just isn’t there at ICT. That’s partly down to a perceived arrogance from club over the years,  but also because they have developed their homegrown players who are part of the community. Others will argue that we ‘deserve’ to be in the premier league….no one deserves that. You earn it and it’s been proven just ‘buying’ success is not 100% guaranteed. That 3.4m could be pissed away in 18 months. 

Posted (edited)

Why are the Inverness fans so quick to try and hunt big dunc after this?

Accies were in literally the same scenario last year with a perceived failure of a manager in Rankin aswell as our own crook running the show in Colin McGowan and look where we are now.  Without a once in a lifetime Falkirk performance we would have probably been in a meaningful title race most of the season with a chance of winning the league.

Think a bit of calm is needed from the ICT fans about the managerial situation tbqhwy.

Edited by Scotty Tunbridge

8 hours ago, Scotty Tunbridge said:

Accies were in literally the same scenario last year with a perceived failure of a manager in Rankin aswell as our own crook running the show in Colin McGowan and look where we are now.  Without a once in a lifetime Falkirk performance we would have probably been in a meaningful title race most of the season with a chance of winning the league.

Think a bit of calm is needed from the ICT fans about the managerial situation tbqhwy.

You are very welcome to take Big Dunc of us after you bin Rankin in October. 😆

9 hours ago, Scotty Tunbridge said:

Ferguson failed to keep us up, which is what he was charged with doing.  We had numerous opportunities to get away from the bottom of the table but didn't take them.  His signings were more miss than hit, although it's hard building a squad in January.  He released Sean Welsh to a direct rival which cost us.

I think the main complaint about him is the tactics and style of play.  He was very conservative, very focused on possession and shape.  We were toothless and completely lacking in pace and creativity.  There were some players who didn't get a fair crack until far too late in the day - the likes of Lawal and Pepple always looked good when they came on but were overlooked for most of the season.  He played players out of position, needlessly - he started Longstaff as part of a midfield 3 which he absolutely is not and played Billy Mckay deep, away from the opposition box where he is most dangerous.  If he had played Mckay pushed up front and kept Welsh and played him in central midfield, I think we'd have likely stayed up.

Ferguson just didn't seem to get that this is professional football, you have to win first and foremost.  He was very big on set-up and shape but the most important thing is to win.  Our side this year only lost one game by more than a goal (2-0 to Airdrie in January) and were never really outclassed but we just couldn't do what was needed.  I remember reading a quote about an NFL quarterback - "If you need 10 yards to win the game, he'll get you 7".  That's like us - we never really fell apart but we drew games we should have won, got edged out of games we probably could have taken something from and that's what cost us.

In Ferguson's defence, he took over when we had one point from six games and a really poor squad.  The signings we have made in the last few years have been dire - we have signed the following players on permanent deals in that time: Jake Davidson, Charlie Gilmour, Adam Brooks, Luis Longstaff, Harry Lodovica, Nathan Shaw, Steven Boyd, Max Ram, Zak Delaney and George Oakley.  Of those players you'd have to say that none of them have been complete successes - Shaw had his moments last season but faded this season and is now injured, Gilmour has shown promise in midfield but again, injured and pushed back too soon.  George Oakley has shown he can do it at this level but didn't get a chance for us because the then DoF signed him and our manager didn't like him.

Just now, ICTChris said:

In Ferguson's defence, he took over when we had one point from six games and a really poor squad.  The signings we have made in the last few years have been dire - we have signed the following players on permanent deals in that time: Jake Davidson, Charlie Gilmour, Adam Brooks, Luis Longstaff, Harry Lodovica, Nathan Shaw, Steven Boyd, Max Ram, Zak Delaney and George Oakley.  Of those players you'd have to say that none of them have been complete successes - Shaw had his moments last season but faded this season and is now injured, Gilmour has shown promise in midfield but again, injured and pushed back too soon.  George Oakley has shown he can do it at this level but didn't get a chance for us because the then DoF signed him and our manager didn't like him.

Utter shite, looks ok, never gets a chance, utter shite, utter shite, decent last season, utter shite, utter shite, utter shite, utter shite but seems to have found himself at Morton.

chewin the fat season 1 episode 1 (part 1) - YouTube

12 hours ago, NavyBlueArmy1876 said:

I do think part of it is how the budget is used though. For example Falkirk had Josh Todd, Craig McGuffie and Michael Ruth all on our books in League 1 in recent seasons. And all were no where near good enough. Quite what made Queens look at those performances and think 'yes, we'll have some of that' is a total mystery. 

It was a mystery to Queens fans also!  Although, the sad fact is that it was probably all we could afford and therein lies the tale - better quality FT players seek wages we couldn't reach.  Signing almost 30 players certainly didn't help our cause though, madness.

Obviously, the size of budgets aren't publicised but they can be reasonably inferred from the quality of player being signed.

7 minutes ago, ICTChris said:

Jake Davidson, Charlie Gilmour, Adam Brooks, Luis Longstaff, Harry Lodovica, Nathan Shaw, Steven Boyd, Max Ram, Zak Delaney and George Oakley

Trying and really struggling to pick the worst player on this list. Longstaff, Lodovica, Boyd and Ram all in contention. Boyd probably takes it for me.

1 minute ago, Juanjo Nostalgia said:

Trying and really struggling to pick the worst player on this list. Longstaff, Lodovica, Boyd and Ram all in contention. Boyd probably takes it for me.

Lodovica for me, at least Boyd scored a couple for us, notably the winner at Cove last season.

1 minute ago, Juanjo Nostalgia said:

Boyd is the worst for me purely because he got a lot of minutes in his preferred positions and was still utter shite. 

You could argue Longstaff’s been shite but has been played out of position. 

Ram only got minutes because of the injury crisis and got bombed out as soon as others came back. 
Ill be honest as well, forgot Lodovica existed :lol:

I kept quiet on Ferguson unlike my take on Dodds, I wanted to give Ferguson the chance to turn things around but he failed, the type of game he brought with him and instilled on his teams was typical english, control the ball cantrol the game mentality, tight tippy tappy passes all day long but the game at our level in Scotland is more physical and at a faster pace and his style meant that time after time players were easily dispossessed.

He must have seen that with his game and with his set ups that it wasn't working but he persisted and that for me displayed that a radical change was not in his gamebook and for that reason he needs to move on and we need to bring in a young manager who is familiar with the club and who was there when we were at our peak, not that very long ago.