"The ICT Thread - From the Premiership to the Seaside"

1 hour ago, HeWhoWalksBehindTheRows said:

*Glen Urquhart 

Add in Invergarry, Kyle of Lochalsh/Dornie and Skye or as I like to call it, every major settlement in Inverness-shire outside of the city and where they might feasibly draw fans without competition from County.

• Replies 17.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SandyCromarty

• TheScarf

• RiG

• PB1994

Just now, invergowrie arab said:

Add in Invergarry, Kyle of Lochalsh/Dornie and Skye or as I like to call it, every major settlement in Inverness-shire outside of the city and where they might feasibly draw fans without competition from County.

None of these places are populated enough to even consider.

8 minutes ago, virginton said:

Unlike Kelty of course.

Kelty is around 7000, not bad for a village and is 10 minutes from the city of Dunfermline.

Grèenocks a dump.

If we end up pulling out of this nonsense, we'll be paying money to John Robertson, Billy Dodds and Kelty Hearts at the start of the season for nothing.  Amazing management.

I would also pile money on us to be relegated again this year.  Can see this all falling apart.

1 minute ago, ICTChris said:

If we end up pulling out of this nonsense, we'll be paying money to John Robertson, Billy Dodds and Kelty Hearts at the start of the season for nothing.  Amazing management.

I would also pile money on us to be relegated again this year.  Can see this all falling apart.

Chin up

1 minute ago, ICTChris said:

One small positive is that we are no longer paying Robertson or Dodds as of next month.

4 minutes ago, North West said:

Kelty is around 7000, not bad for a village and is 10 minutes from the city of Dunfermline.

It'll be a cold day in hell before I recognise Dunfermline as a city.  I'm still having problems accepting Perth.

6 minutes ago, North West said:

Grèenocks a dump.

We've had enough talk of fake cities in this thread already, TYVM.

Just now, ExiledLichtie said:

It'll be a cold day in hell before I recognise Dunfermline as a city.  I'm still having problems accepting Perth.

Dunfermline is a former capital of Scotland. Robert the Bruce has his heart buried there. Perth isn't even the capital of Perth.

1 minute ago, North West said:

Dunfermline is a former capital of Scotland. Robert the Bruce has his heart buried there. Perth isn't even the capital of Perth.

I mean Arbroath is the home of the Declaration of Arbroath, and we've got an entire King buried there, not just a leftover bit that was lying around, but I don't think it should be called a city.

3 minutes ago, North West said:

Nope, that's Melrose Abbey. 

Posted (edited)

Jesus actually fkn wept... training in the middle of fkn nowhere in Fife?! Then buses and hotels for home games in Inverness?!!

Reassuring to see that the vast majority of ICT posters see this for what it is... absolute death throes.

These people are going to kill your club if someone or something doesn't stop them very soon.

Edited by The Ghost of B A R P

26 minutes ago, The Ghost of B A R P said:

Jesus actually fkn wept... training in the middle of fkn nowhere in Fife?! Then buses and hotels for home games in Inverness?!!

Reassuring to see that the vast majority of ICT posters see this for what it is... absolute death throes.

These people are going to kill your club if someone or something doesn't stop them very soon.

Where did you read that the players would be bussed up and put in a hotel on a match day? It is all just starting to sound like a bit of a fkn farce. 

Tbh the remote training things not what I find mental. Just the fact they’ve chosen to pick Kelty and pay them for it, another league club and direct competitor (I get that when the talks started they probably didn’t think it was a possibility)

I have said I don’t give two fucks about Arbroath training at the Oriam but if Spartans were in L1 with us or whatever and we were paying them a figure to use their facilities it wouldn’t sit right with me. Just seems so fkn stupid. 

2 hours ago, Otis Blue said:

Well ... Queens still do a lot in the local community and players visit the primary schools etc.  Having the players train at Hamilton Palace doesn't preclude them from occasional mid-week visits to the town to support community work.  I'm sure it would be the same for ICT.

I do think there is a bit of an (albeit understandable) over-reaction here.  Is this the end of the club?  Or is it just some much needed financial pragmatism kicking in at long last to acknowledge a situation that needs addressing (to save the club)?

As I've said earlier, the only odd thing here is giving funding to a rival instead of using other available facilities - eg the place in Perth that Arbroath used previously, and I'm sure there are others.

No way these guys are driving the nearly 2 1/2 hours for a 1 hour visit to a hospital or a 5 minute to hand out medals to a local Inverness kids team.

might not be end of the club but sometimes this is how these things start. Just ask th Clydebank fans 

2 hours ago, ExiledLichtie said:

To be fair, with Arbroath's community trust, the players do pop up for events, so it does happen.  I think that part is possibly a bit overhyped.  

I think the issue is not that the players train elsewhere, but that they are leaving.  For clubs like us, who have never had training in the town, it doesn't matter, but its the fact that Inverness DID have this, and now, after a really poor season, they've just announced they are leaving.  I think its the optics more than the tangible effect that makes a difference..

Looking at your chairman's statement from a few days back:

Suddenly this part makes more sense!

Arbroath being part time makes easier for players to do the appearances at the ground etc plus most would be in hours drive at most to the ground? 
if ICT went part time after going down this would make sense similar like other teams that do it. Find it weird a FT team think it will work especially when funding a team in the same league.

think more will come of this especially when Gardiner is involved 

I gather Stranraer have a core of players who train in Glasgow (at Petershill Park iirc).

Modelling Caley on Stranraer does not seem like following a successful template.

To correct the Bad History above...

Yes, Melrose has Bruce's heart (or a heart attributed to Bruce, anyway) but Dunfermline has the rest of him. Dunfermline was Scotland's capital, effectively, in Malcolm Canmore's time. It's Scotland's newest city but arguably its oldest. And its historical quarter is one of the country's best-kept secrets.

Perth had the crowning place of the Kings of Scots, the Stone of Scone, nearby. And now it's back in Perth Museum.