"The ICT Thread - From the Premiership to the Seaside"

15 minutes ago, SandyCromarty said:

That means attending a match and I have no intention of doing so as long as that two charlatans are there.

If your throw is better than a 5 year old then you could probably get them over north stand tbf without entering the stadium

• Replies 14.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SandyCromarty

• RiG

• TheScarf

• PB1994

I haven’t commented on here but have a couple of times on CTO. Tbh I’m fucked off with the entire lot of them. Morrison. Gutless and let’s Gardiner do what he wants. Gardiner because he’s a fucking arsehole and less so Ferguson he’s just clueless. No more of my readies going there when they are still in charge. Ferry san siro on a Saturday and maybe a pint at the Nip Inn 😀😀

2 hours ago, Jamie_M said:

They aren't selling Kelty as such. They are selling anywhere within the Central Belt that is a reasonable commute to Kelty - for many in the pool of players they will now be fishing in, that would mean staying put rather than definite relocation.

It might help a bit, but if a player in Edinburgh has the choice of going to Falkirk or someone in Glasgow gets offered Hamilton...

Here's a thought, the move is so we can recruit more central belt/southern players.

So how attractive is signing for us when you have to tell the player that every two weeks he will have a six hour round trip bus drive, or we will put you up in hotels before a game or if the weather sets in on the A9 we might get stuck and we'll put you up in hotels.

So tell your trusting wife that there will be times when you won't get home but that you will behave yourself in the Hotel.

Truth is if a player can get to a game within 1 or 2 hours and get home for a night out after a game he isn't going to sign for us.

9 minutes ago, SandyCromarty said:

Here's a thought, the move is so we can recruit more central belt/southern players.

So how attractive is signing for us when you have to tell the player that every two weeks he will have a six hour round trip bus drive, or we will put you up in hotels before a game or if the weather sets in on the A9 we might get stuck and we'll put you up in hotels.

So tell your trusting wife that there will be times when you won't get home but that you will behave yourself in the Hotel.

Truth is if a player can get to a game within 1 or 2 hours and get home for a night out after a game he isn't going to sign for us.

I don’t think we will be signing Gardyne again tbqhwy

17 minutes ago, SandyCromarty said:

I wonder if the reason we can't sign players is that they know Gardiner is CEO and Ferguson is manager.

Probably they're the problem. 

Word gets around.

1 hour ago, SandyCromarty said:

It's League 1 for fecksake, there must loads of world class players in the central belt desperate to play in League 1.

Wasn't supposed to be though. Relegation, and sharing a league with your new landlords, was an accidental addition to a plan thar was happening anyway.

45 minutes ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

It might help a bit, but if a player in Edinburgh has the choice of going to Falkirk or someone in Glasgow gets offered Hamilton...

Yeah, Caley still won't be the most attractive option but they will be in the conversation. Is it the case at the moment that they have to add 10% onto the wages plus cover accommodation costs to even stand a chance?

36 minutes ago, SandyCromarty said:

Isn't that already the case for prospective Caley players?

9 hours ago, houston_bud said:

ICT always seem to produce some decent young players. Dropping to league 1 was an opportunity to give more of them a chance and keep older heads like McKay, Rodgers. 

I can't speak for Inverness fans but if it was St Mirren I'd be content for 2 or 3 seasons bleeding young players in league one and rebuilding a bit of identity.

I'm not sure what identity that builds other than their identity as a League 1 club with a dwindling fan base. I don't believe for a second that the majority of fans would turn up every week watching a mid-table League 1 side for 3 years just because they had a few local boys playing (who'd be away after 6 months if they were any good anyway). There's also no reason to suggest that after 2-3 years they'd be in a better position to get promoted again, and could easily be down there for longer.

9 hours ago, Arnold Layne said:

A prospective League One player receives similar offers from Kelty and Caley (the Kelty offer having been boosted with money given to them by ICT). Does he pick the one that plays their 'home' games 2.5hrs away?

Not defending the decision, but in theory that shouldn't matter as they are full-time and Kelty are part-time, so should be fishing in different ponds, so to speak.

For me the issue isn't that they'd lose players to Kelty, it's that they've just moved into a much more competitive market by competing for players with about 10 other central belt, lower league full-time teams and with very little to offer - League 1 football and a lot of travelling. They are going to have to offer them huge wages for that level to attract players and not be left with the full-time dregs like QOS got this year.

26 minutes ago, SandyCromarty said:

I wonder if the reason we can't sign players is that they know Gardiner is CEO and Ferguson is manager.

Probably they're the problem. 

The reason we haven't signed better players has an awful lot to do with turnstile numbers and those that haven't clicked that this is the case should've voted with their cash rather than reverting to performative pontificating that is as dull as ditch water. 

15 minutes ago, Jamie_M said:

Wasn't supposed to be though. Relegation, and sharing a league with your new landlords, was an accidental addition to a plan thar was happening anyway.

Yeah, Caley still won't be the most attractive option but they will be in the conversation. Is it the case at the moment that they have to add 10% onto the wages plus cover accommodation costs to even stand a chance?

Isn't that already the case for prospective Caley players?

Yes, that was the case when we trained locally and had journeys for away games, the point I was making that Gardiners justification for Kelty was that we would be a more attractive for prospective signings, but in reality all he is offering Central Belt players is a reverse of our present team travelling scenario.

Other than training being local to the central belt we will have a situation where community school and charitable projects for players will cease to exist.

And I'm already hearing that renewals for advertising hoardings is being reneged on due to this proposal, plus game day sponsors will be harder to find.

So to make this move will see dire financial losses.

46 minutes ago, Balde Bairn said:

Apologies for my error, you’re a league 1 club! How raging are you? How does it feel? 

We don't know, but your club spent years there so why don't you enlighten us?

1 hour ago, Diamonds are Forever said:

I'm not sure what identity that builds other than their identity as a League 1 club with a dwindling fan base. I don't believe for a second that the majority of fans would turn up every week watching a mid-table League 1 side for 3 years just because they had a few local boys playing (who'd be away after 6 months if they were any good anyway). There's also no reason to suggest that after 2-3 years they'd be in a better position to get promoted again, and could easily be down there for longer.

Not defending the decision, but in theory that shouldn't matter as they are full-time and Kelty are part-time, so should be fishing in different ponds, so to speak.

For me the issue isn't that they'd lose players to Kelty, it's that they've just moved into a much more competitive market by competing for players with about 10 other central belt, lower league full-time teams and with very little to offer - League 1 football and a lot of travelling. They are going to have to offer them huge wages for that level to attract players and not be left with the full-time dregs like QOS got this year.

Lack of engagement, and being a part of the community is why crowds have been dropping already. If the board did something about that now, I think we'd have bigger home crowds next season in league 1 than this season in the championship. Just look at Falkirk on that one.

And yes we'd lose out on players more often than not in the championship to other full time central belt clubs. But being in league 1 these sorts of players won't be available to us anyway. 

1 hour ago, Diamonds are Forever said:

Yep, two seasons in L1 and we've lost about 50% of the home gate.

Yep, fishing in the FT pool of players with an ever shrinking budget ensures you get the dregs. Gonna be interesting to watch our attempt at recruitment this summer ... thanks for everything, Marvin.

Welcome to the club ICT.

8 hours ago, San Starko Rover said:

Utterly mental decision by ICT to move down to Fife to attract central belt mercenary’s which hasn’t really worked for Berwick, Brechin, Stranraer or Queen of the South who have all dropped over the last few years. 

Whit? 😵‍💫

You realise we started doing this in 2007 and not 2022 right? Since when we've appeared in the Scottish Cup Final, played in the UEFA Cup, won Division 2 and Challenge Cup double, twice played in the Premiership playoffs, and played 14 of the last 17 seasons in the Championship. 

That we've had two dreadful seasons back to back (3 if you count the relegation one I suppose) doesnt mean our training base is the reason. We've had far more success because of it.

22 minutes ago, Balde Bairn said:

You’re there now which we can’t relate to. How does it feel? 

I see an extended stint in L1 hasn’t humbled or un-bellended many of the Falkirk support. Sigh.