• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SandyCromarty

• RiG

• TheScarf

• PB1994

16 minutes ago, LondonHMFC said:

Surprised the lad doesn’t have personal insurance to cover the cost.

That's missing the point. 

As well as all the financial difficulties there is a pattern of poor treatment  emerging, and (surprise) lack of communication regarding out of contract players, and in this case a long serving club legend.

We are bankrupt literally and morally, it would seem.

47 minutes ago, LondonHMFC said:

Would personal insurance cover it? Guessing when the player is under contract by the club it's there insurance that need to cover it as he was injured doing his job.

What a shambles we are.

Fans have no idea what the hell is going on but are being asked to fork out to support the club despite there being no details of season tickets, strips or anything like that. Compare that to pretty much every other team in the country who have had their new tops and season ticket prices out for weeks and are proactively planning for the forthcoming campaign. As a result a large number of supporters have threatened to withhold money they would normally spend supporting the team, allegedly to the tune of £200,000, until they see change in the boardroom.

The Chairman has resigned with immediate effect. The CEO has resigned and is working his notice. The rest of the board are, we assume, doing something but we don't know what. We are teetering on the brink of administration with an insolvency practitioner brought in to advise the club on what to do. 

Something like 4 weeks before the season starts and we have essentially no team. All our rivals are strengthening, getting players signed up and will very soon be starting pre season training. Meanwhile we fool around with the idea of moving our training base half way down the country, don't tell any of the senior or youth players or staff. It then transpires that the deal we did with Kelty Hearts hadn't been run past Fife Council as it turns that they own the ground / training site and not Kelty, something we never bothered to check on. We then decide to end the agreement to train in Kelty a few days later except we apparently don't tell Kelty Hearts about it who find out that we have changed our minds when they read about it in newspapers.

We haven't heard anything from the manager who seems to have gone into hiding for the last month. We assume he is staying on but there's never been any official confirmation about what he is doing since relegation though there has been mention of a pay cut with the drop down the divisions. 

Players have been completely sidelined by the club with many speaking out to say they've had no contact since relegation and, as they are out of contract, assume that they won't be an ICT player any more. In the case of one player they have had important, potentially career saving surgery, postponed twice by the club. The player was advised by a director, ironically a retired knee surgeon, to essentially "run off" the injury. The costs for the operation are now being crowdfunded by a former team mate to help pay for it. In a piece of good news, it looks like the crowdfunder will reach its target in less than a day.

The only communication we have had from the club are two tin eared statements, one announcing the ill fated Kelty move, the other saying that we aren't moving to Kelty but that we are basically f'cked anyway so YOLO. Nothing about the Chairman resigning and nothing about players or staff leaving the club.

Anything I have missed from this basket case of a football club?

Edited by RiG

Enjoyed the recent podcast again but didn’t really like the snobbery when it come to calling places like Dunfermline and Kirkcaldy shitholes, if I’ve picked that up right of course 

What an accent on the man Ridgers by the way, don’t know what I expected him to sound like but it wasn’t that 

Is today definitely the day there will be news? 

24 minutes ago, ICTChris said:

Doran's crowd funding has passed it's £5000 target.

Well done ICT fans. Maybe need to get Shane in the boardroom to raise club funds😁

10 hours ago, Dennis_WYNESS said:

What has this info come from? 

Charlie Bannerman and two ICT fans, Andrew and Nathan, mentioned it on Sportsound on Saturday, they seemed well informed and confident of what would happen today.

2 hours ago, RiG said:

Almost at the £5,000 target already! Just hit the £4,500 mark a short time ago. In amongst all this shite it's nice to see something good happen.

Brilliant. Well done ICT people. I'm not sure where this £5k figure has popped up from though. Do we think Shane Sutherland just guessed or is there any basis to it? I've paid for a few surgeries and very few were as cheap as £5k, certainly not the couple that were ACL's. Might be as much as twice that depending where it's getting done. 

2 hours ago, LondonHMFC said:

Pretty unlikely any footballer has personal medical insurance to cover that. If they did it would be a fair premium, I doubt most could afford it. Certainly not if they are outside the top division. Top division clubs will generally carry medical insurance for their squad anyway.

1 hour ago, Dennis_WYNESS said:

Would personal insurance cover it? Guessing when the player is under contract by the club it's there insurance that need to cover it as he was injured doing his job.

Can't speak for Inverness who clearly have been a Premiership club in the fairly recent past and have been spending like it for years, but very few clubs outside the Premiership will carry medical insurance for players. It's far too expensive and ultimately any emergency surgeries like broken limbs will be covered by the NHS anyway. It's cheaper to self insure (pay for surgery privately as required) than try to cover a whole squad on insurance. Insurance won't cover previous injuries either so once a player's had major knee surgery they won't cover it again (or not as standard, it may be possible to negotiate an individually tailored cover at a massive premium).

Edited by Skyline Drifter

1 hour ago, Skyline Drifter said:

Brilliant. Well done ICT people. I'm not sure where this £5k figure has popped up from though. Do we think Shane Sutherland just guessed or is there any basis to it? I've paid for a few surgeries and very few were as cheap as £5k, certainly not the couple that were ACL's. Might be as much as twice that depending where it's getting done. 

I actually asked him (Sutherland) on Twitter and he said that, based on his own surgery costs, the £5,000 wouldn't cover it but he wasn't expecting to hit the target he set let alone the full cost so he's hoping that people will keep donating and if the final amount covers the actual cost of the surgery then any surplus will be given to a local charity. 

Edited by RiG

Saw Riley on Twitter posit that Gardiner is working with the admnistrators on packaging up the clubs assets, liabilities etc.  Whether one of the mythic investors is going to come in pre or post administration who knows.

I'm not sure anyone will have addressed the issue with licensing, given the way the club has been run I doubt that the board have even thought about it.

3 hours ago, ICTChris said:

Doran's crowd funding has passed it's £5000 target.

That's quite impressive and really good to see. There is still hope and good spirit amongst the fans, hope it works out for you all and I can soon return to genuine wind ups. Miss those days. 

12 hours ago, Hugh Hillshaveyes said:

Surely savage or anyone else waiting in the wings will let admin happen then do a deal with the administrator therefore kicking the debts into the long grass.... would be a kick in the Chuckies points wise next season but you would have a club....as long as they don't whip the bronze licence of course 

Or a CVA can't be agreed and your club go out of business. By the sounds of things ICT have burned a lot of goodwill around the city so there could be some not willing to just wrote debts off.

Administration should he avoided if possible. It's not some simple process that let's a club easily write off debts.

I don't remember much as I lived abroad when Rangers went down to league 2, how different is ICT's situation. If the worst happened, could at least an 'Inverness United' or whatever be formed and at least have a place in League 2. Not ideal I know, but at least it would be something. 

Wouldn't be suprised either to see the home crowds go up if that happened and would be hoping that they return to the Championship asap.

Worse that could happen is that the administrator finds that the lease on the land the stadium is on is worth far more than the club is as going concern, and the council goes along with it.

1 minute ago, welshbairn said:

Worse that could happen is that the administrator finds that the lease on the land the stadium is on is worth far more than the club is as going concern, and the council goes along with it.

This is the worry.

Highland council have historically not missed any opportunity to hinder our club.

14 minutes ago, Sonam said:

I don't remember much as I lived abroad when Rangers went down to league 2, how different is ICT's situation. If the worst happened, could at least an 'Inverness United' or whatever be formed and at least have a place in League 2. Not ideal I know, but at least it would be something. 

Wouldn't be suprised either to see the home crowds go up if that happened and would be hoping that they return to the Championship asap.

There wasn't a place to play for in the spfl when Rangers went into liquidation. It's a completely different situation. 

31 minutes ago, Sonam said:

Rangers didn't go down to League 2, the new club started in League 2. Rangers were liquidated after entering administration, ICT aren't at that stage yet.

1 hour ago, DonnieMurdo said:

Highland council have historically not missed any opportunity to hinder our club.

I think there's some recency bias there, but the good work the club did engaging with councillors around the battery farm will hopefully have earned you some goodwill. What? Eh? Oh.