"The ICT Thread - From the Premiership to the Seaside"

1 minute ago, DaftTon74 said:

Nathan shaw about to sign for us. Can’t remember too much about him, what is he like? Big miss for yourselves? Good signing for us?

Good when he can be arsed, either looks quality or like he’s never played before. Imrie will probably get a tune out of him 

• Replies 14.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SandyCromarty

• RiG

• TheScarf

• PB1994

Just now, madton said:

Interesting, just the 6 options out wide for us then, albeit some can/will play more centrally presumably.

He can play more central in behind a main striker but it is not where he is best.

1 hour ago, Otis Blue said:

Yeah, some of our fans do seem to get a bit sensitive about being called Borderers, dunno why*, it doesn't faze me one bit as the old county/region is indeed next to the border (although not within the Borders region) - hence the name of that regiment.

PS - apologies to ICT fans for taking your thread off at a tangent here!

Just the usual ignorance for anything south of Glasgow really. 

Looked a great find throughout a large chunk of 2022/23 but last season he seemed well off the pace and was pretty average for the most part. Injury issues played a part as well. Had assumed he would head back to England so a little surprised he's rocked up at Morton. Imrie will probably get his first season spark back. Good luck to him. 

A couple of you guys mentioned on the qp forum about Roddy MacGregor apparently heading our way. What type of midfielder is he ? Seemingly made of glass but if he can magically stop being injured like Sean Welsh did, then hopefully a good signing ? 

44 minutes ago, qpfc said:

A couple of you guys mentioned on the qp forum about Roddy MacGregor apparently heading our way. What type of midfielder is he ? Seemingly made of glass but if he can magically stop being injured like Sean Welsh did, then hopefully a good signing ? 

Came up through the youth set up, got into team when he was 16/17 scored some absolute crackers - had surgery on an ankle/lower leg thing which didn’t work so had to do it again. So it’s not lots of injuries. It’s the same thing which wasn’t fixed properly.  By all accounts he’s been fully for since Jan but Fergusson didn’t like him (also seemingly didn’t know where he played positionally!) Looks good up as a 10 but has been used in defensive mid. 
Really sad to see him go - one of our best prospects 

2 hours ago, qpfc said:

I’d say he’s mostly played for us as a 10, though I think he’s said he played as an 8 all the way up through the youth levels. Got a lovely touch and scored some decent goals.

Been mostly injured/out of favour for the last 2 seasons so haven’t seen much of him but he’ll still be a great pick up for any championship side imo

12 hours ago, ScottishLoon said:

Cameron Ferguson is the prime example of football nepo-child.

How he was at Newcastle is beyond me, possibly the worst player I've seen play for Forfar in recent memory.

Thats the kind of feedback on a player that's going to really excite the fans as a stellar summer signing

12 hours ago, ScottishLoon said:

Cameron Ferguson is the prime example of football nepo-child.

How he was at Newcastle is beyond me, possibly the worst player I've seen play for Forfar in recent memory.

I see according to transfermarkt he has been at Forres since March, quite a jump back up if he joins Caley.

It's worth noting that while basically every team in Scotland has put out released lists, we haven't and the only way we have any knowledge of our squad is fans driving down the training ground and seeing who is training.

Someone mentioned on CTO that it seems like the board are being deliberately spiteful towards the fans because of the reaction to the Kelty move.  Until the last couple of weeks I'd have thought that was going too far but to be honest, I think that I was wrong, that is exactly what's happening.  The board fully voted for Kelty and now that they've been unable to do it they've spat the dummy.  'Oh you don't think we're communicating with teh fans properly?  Well we won't tell you anyting at all, how do you like that?'  The only thing they are interested in doing is asking the fans for money for season tickets, there's no recognition that anything has gone wrong because the board aren't capable of any self-evaluation.

The club has always had a bit of that, when I was a kid I used to sell 50-50 tickets and the way the officials at the time were not very welcoming or friendly and didn't give the impression they wanted to include everyone who did things onmatch days.  A lot of them seemed to like being big shots with blazers etc.  That was decades ago but there's always been that way of things with the club.  This is the next level though, and is putting the existence of the club in very real jeopordy, because the motley crew of windows installers, vets and retired surgeons are in a huff because people point out that they have run the club into the ground.

If this mythic investment comes in, the entire board should be fired and banned from the stadium for life. 

15 minutes ago, SandyCromarty said:

Mark Ridgers has offered his services, but with the management and CEO still in place he may have a rethink.

I can see a couple of loanees coming in from over the bridge.

Maybe he's only pretending to offer his services, to flush out the management?