• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SandyCromarty

• TheScarf

• RiG

• PB1994

2 hours ago, RJD said:

Most investors will not talk with SG or pay Ross Morrison what he wants.

Whereas under administration the club becomes a very attractive proposition.

Morrison would get between 5-10p in the pound which is all he deserves.

Mark my words administration will save our club.

Alan Savage and Dougie MacGinvray are 2 hugely successful businessmen and I can understand why they will not deal with the current clowns.

Absolutely delusional stuff. Perhaps you should reflect on how ICT got into this mess (losing money hand over fist for years, based purely on outgoings exceeding actual income), before claiming that it is a "very attractive proposition" to investors without Big Bad Gardiner. 

Easy for outsiders with little knowledge to claim that Scot Gardiner isn’t an issue and that Savage “would have invested if he wanted to”. 

Savage is directly quoted in the Inverness Courier (in the youth team investment article) that he will not be working with Scot Gardiner. It’s as clear and obvious as you can get. As long as Gardiner is there, there will be no Savage. 

IMG_7897.jpeg

3 minutes ago, Sir Tarmo said:

Easy for outsiders with little knowledge to claim that Scot Gardiner isn’t an issue and that Savage “would have invested if he wanted to”. 

Who claimed that Scot Gardiner wasn't an issue? Be extremely specific. 

In terms of the issues that surround your seaside league outfit being a "very attractive proposition" for investors however, it's nowhere near the top of the list. That would be the chronic and fundamental weakness of your 'business model', which was perfectly clear long before Gardiner was appointed. 

Any investor that genuinely believed ICT was very attractive would simply buy the club and sack Gardiner on day 1. That they've chosen to engage in this passive-aggressive stand-off while a demonstrable Walter Mitty walks through the door says it all about the willingness of your saviours to actually get involved. 

8 minutes ago, RJD said:

you lot should put runnng water in your stadium toilets before criticising othe teams. Cesspit of a ground which is the worst I have ever been to.

Not to worry, you'll be visiting far worse in the North Caley soon enough. 

9 minutes ago, vikingTON said:

Who claimed that Scot Gardiner wasn't an issue? Be extremely specific. 

In terms of the issues that surround your seaside league outfit being a "very attractive proposition" for investors however, it's nowhere near the top of the list. That would be the chronic and fundamental weakness of your 'business model', which was perfectly clear long before Gardiner was appointed. 

Any investor that genuinely believed ICT was very attractive would simply buy the club and sack Gardiner on day 1. That they've chosen to engage in this passive-aggressive stand-off while a demonstrable Walter Mitty walks through the door says it all about the willingness of your saviours to actually get involved. 

My post was aimed at the brain donor Ross County fan who stated his confusion over why Savage hasn’t ‘just bought the club’.

I don’t think we’re some massively attractive club to buy, and have never claimed that, it’s very evident. Any sort of serious buyer will come locally and will have had something to do with the club in the past. Gardiner has pissed almost all of these said people off, to the point where one of them is publicly speaking out against him. 

You are correct in saying we haven’t been run too well under the previous few chairmen but things clearly took a nose dive under the Gardiner/Robertson/Morrison regime. Financially suicidal decisions like appointing a sporting director, the concert company, the battery farm, appointing Duncan Ferguson, not getting development fees for Harper & McGregor (I could go on) were a clear difference from just making a loss. This is before you get to the scandalous treatment of loyal players and staff. Gardiner, Robertson, Dodds and Morrison were all mates that served themselves and took the piss out of the club. 

Edited by Sir Tarmo

On 02/06/2024 at 17:49, RJD said:

Mike Edwards is a second rate journalist and tried to lecture us on use of commas and punctuation yesterday.

I think he is a blowhard and a blatant stranger to the truth.  He at no time offered the club £475k Loser journalist trying to get into the limelight.

Here is the deal Mike - show me your bank account and I will show you mine. Put £100k into the club this week (and prove it is your money) and I will get some loose change and match it.

Are you up for it?

Apologies if us fans do not meet you grammar and punctuation standards (sorry forgot to use a full stop.

@RJD why bother with some season tickets? Why not rustle up the loose change and stick 100k in? 

4 hours ago, RJD said:

Gardiner is obviously being backed by a lot of fans. Nearly 1500 crowd yesterday.

I am obviously missing something

From the pics there was absolutely no way there was 1500 folk there. 

2 hours ago, Sir Tarmo said:

outsiders with little knowledge 

2 hours ago, Sir Tarmo said:

the brain donor Ross County fan

I’ve been called a hell of a lot better than this in my time. I’ve also been called a hell of a lot worse, so fair play!

32 minutes ago, RJD said:

but why would they lie. is it a tax dodge?

It's always been a BS figure for league games. Best I figure they count all season tickets as attendance (regardless of if they're there or not) and then add on the walk ups.  

15 minutes ago, Fraz said:

It's always been a BS figure for league games. Best I figure they count all season tickets as attendance (regardless of if they're there or not) and then add on the walk ups.  

Unless ICT also hand out completely token STs to businesses and other organisations that never get taken up though, it still couldn't fully explain the yawning gulf between dreams and reality reflected by the official attendance figure. No other club in the SPFL sloughs off such a huge amount of paid ST holders to physically attending fans on a regular basis - otherwise they wouldn't have bought STs in the first place. 

Funnily enough the official attendance seems to plummet whenever it's a cup game where the gate has to be split with the visiting club. See above post!

Edited by vikingTON

16 minutes ago, RJD said:

You again. I thought you would be back in your crack den down the ghetto by now.

Stick to Morton buddy

It's an open Scottish football forum so I'll post about any club I want. 

Get back in your box. 

ribery.gif.f72c25fe20b3dda7b063c9745e00b86a.gif

1 hour ago, Matty-RCFC said:

I’ve been called a hell of a lot better than this in my time. I’ve also been called a hell of a lot worse, so fair play!

Hopefully my amiability will stop you from wading into our thread and regurgitating all of your crayons into it. A simple tap into the brain would have told you why Savage hasn’t ‘just invested’. Please refrain from making comment if you have absolutely no idea what you’re talking about.

Thank you and good night.

17 minutes ago, Sir Tarmo said:

Hopefully my amiability will stop you from wading into our thread and regurgitating all of your crayons into it. A simple tap into the brain would have told you why Savage hasn’t ‘just invested’. Please refrain from making comment if you have absolutely no idea what you’re talking about.

Thank you and good night.

As an outsider with not a clue of what’s going on, it would appear to me that several IC&T fans on this god-forsaken thread have this idea that Savage is a White Knight, waiting for the right opportunity to swoop in and save the day. One even referred to him as a Plan B; Plan A must be exceptional!

My post, quite blatantly tongue-in-cheek in its tone (which you know of course by your highly normal reaction) was merely asking why there is this perception given he’s had plenty of opportunity to do so over the summer and opted not to because of one single individual, however poisonous he may be.

Sir Tarmo, educate me!

Without going all Falkirk crowdw@nky, I'd say 1,500 was about right. 

I'm sad enough to have had a rough count of the Dumbarton support and there is around 100 folk there. Given that is just 2 sections sparsely filled and ICT had their full end open and main stand, 1,500 feels okay to me from where I was sat. 20240803_191727.thumb.jpg.9665519faf5995a882da1125ae1b0f86.jpg

13 minutes ago, Matty-RCFC said:

As an outsider with not a clue of what’s going on, it would appear to me that several IC&T fans on this god-forsaken thread have this idea that Savage is a White Knight, waiting for the right opportunity to swoop in and save the day. One even referred to him as a Plan B; Plan A must be exceptional!

My post, quite blatantly tongue-in-cheek in its tone (which you know of course by your highly normal reaction) was merely asking why there is this perception given he’s had plenty of opportunity to do so over the summer and opted not to because of one single individual, however poisonous he may be.

Sir Tarmo, educate me!

This is mainly based on rumours but I’ll give it a go!

It is not just down to Gardiner, as far as I can see that would be extremely petty. We owe about £3 million, according to the latest accounts, to directors which I would imagine is mainly Morrison and he is wanting all of it back which Savage is refusing to do. That’s why people think he is waiting for administration.

6 hours ago, PWL said:

Without going all Falkirk crowdw@nky, I'd say 1,500 was about right. 

I'm sad enough to have had a rough count of the Dumbarton support and there is around 100 folk there. Given that is just 2 sections sparsely filled and ICT had their full end open and main stand, 1,500 feels okay to me from where I was sat. 

I'd tend to agree. We also carried out an estimate and ~1,500 seems reasonable.