"The ICT Thread - From the Premiership to the Seaside"

12 hours ago, RJD said:

ps you are paying the wages of SG and DF  because the youngsters are practically on minimum wage. One of the 2 senior players is only on £300 per week.

DF is on £3.5k per week plus travelling expenses and SG is on £2.6k per week plus expenses

Yeah, that's not how it works.  Gardiner is like everyone who is a salaried employee of a company/organisation.  So whether there's 500 or 5000 at home games, he's getting paid the same.  

All boycotting does it affect the amount of 'turnover' generated by the club, which affects stuff like player budgets, which affects the number and the quality of players the club can afford.

• Replies 16.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SandyCromarty

• TheScarf

• RiG

• PB1994

AS I've said before we boycotted the ST and merchandise purchases against the proposed Kelty move and the board capitulated.

On that I felt it was fair to go ahead with my ST.

Further boycotting harms our club and the team, the media and all of Scottish football know how we feel on Gardiner, so his position is untenable and his days are numbered.

50 minutes ago, SandyCromarty said:

AS I've said before we boycotted the ST and merchandise purchases against the proposed Kelty move and the board capitulated.

On that I felt it was fair to go ahead with my ST.

Further boycotting harms our club and the team, the media and all of Scottish football know how we feel on Gardiner, so his position is untenable and his days are numbered.

Number needs to be made public 

4 minutes ago, Dennis_WYNESS said:

Number needs to be made public 

I understand you but his contract will be private and not in the public domain as will yours with your company, in fact if the board were to publish his exact notice period they could find themselves in breach of his contract and he's just the type of guy who would exploit that.

With all the anti feeling against him there is no way he can continue.

We have this new guy knocking on the door right now and he will know there are gaps in ST sales and he will be well aware why, with Morrison gone SG has no support and as I said his position is untenable.

Personally I feel I got what I wanted with the Kelty Boycott and I worry where this boycotting is going, the Gardiner objection is what we have now but will this continue with other grievances as at the end of the day the only loser in this is the team.

11 hours ago, RJD said:

Very bitter wee man. Are you jealous of "The Pride of the Highlands"?

Given everything that's happened at ICT in the last few months and the way they've treated long-serving players, a little more self-awareness wouldn't go amiss. Not much to be proud of there.

6 hours ago, SandyCromarty said:

I understand you but his contract will be private and not in the public domain as will yours with your company, in fact if the board were to publish his exact notice period they could find themselves in breach of his contract and he's just the type of guy who would exploit that.

With all the anti feeling against him there is no way he can continue.

We have this new guy knocking on the door right now and he will know there are gaps in ST sales and he will be well aware why, with Morrison gone SG has no support and as I said his position is untenable.

Personally I feel I got what I wanted with the Kelty Boycott and I worry where this boycotting is going, the Gardiner objection is what we have now but will this continue with other grievances as at the end of the day the only loser in this is the team.

It wouldn't be a "breach of his contract" to disclose a notice period of an employee that has already stated they are leaving.  It happens all the time.

Edited by strichener

I thought it was weird that the Independent would honour a company that doesn't appear to have done anything with a "Best of British Business" award. He actually bought it from a marketing company.

https://www.seanmcp.com/articles/seventy7-ventures-feigns-credibility-with-fake-best-of-british-business-award/

Edited by welshbairn

If ICT were to go down the administration route, I think the folk at Buckie will be watching what happens thereafter very closely. They were denied the opportunity to play for a place in the SPFL as a result of not having all their Bronze licence ducks lined up. A club can't secure a Bronze licence for 3 years after an insolvency event so logically, such an event should see them relinquish their place in the SPFL. I daresay the SPFL will make these things up to suit themselves as they've always done but if you're going to apply the principle of Bronze licence requirement against Buckie, East Kilbride etc then logic says it should be applied to ICT or anyone else (it won't be because ... well ... just because). 

3 minutes ago, HTG said:

If ICT were to go down the administration route, I think the folk at Buckie will be watching what happens thereafter very closely. They were denied the opportunity to play for a place in the SPFL as a result of not having all their Bronze licence ducks lined up. A club can't secure a Bronze licence for 3 years after an insolvency event so logically, such an event should see them relinquish their place in the SPFL. I daresay the SPFL will make these things up to suit themselves as they've always done but if you're going to apply the principle of Bronze licence requirement against Buckie, East Kilbride etc then logic says it should be applied to ICT or anyone else (it won't be because ... well ... just because). 

I expect they'd claim that the insolvency 3 year rule only applies to new applicants for the bronze license, not current holders. Buckie would likely have been fine if they'd bothered to put their paperwork asking for deferment in on time, ignoring multiple warnings from the SPFL as well as the Highland League, it's very hard to believe it wasn't deliberate.

18 minutes ago, RJD said:

There is a clear difference between INSOLVENCY and ADMINISTRATION.

Agreed if we became insolvent we would have problems but if you understand administration it resets the club and paves the way for fresh roots of growth.

Administration would see us getting a 9-25 points deduction which to me is insignificant as we are not going up or down this season. Some of the best days I have ever had were watching ICTFC  in the 3rd division.

Your point has absolutely no logic. Sorry

• Administration is considered an Insolvency Event by the SPFL.
  • Allows the club to put down roots of growth, while f**king your creditors. Nice one.
  • Deductions are 15 pts one season and 5 points the next. Aye, you'd be happy to get pumped down to the basement. Sure.

https://spfl.co.uk/admin/filemanager/images/shares/pdfs/SPFL Rules and Regulations 01-Apr-22 (MASTER COPY) CLEAN.pdf 

Page 64 on.

3 minutes ago, RJD said:

I drive past your council owned stadium regularly. Iwas empty for 3 years but I have noticed the rats coming out of the ground after a few wins

Council don't own it m8.

You were empty for 3 years? You've lost it.

"Rats" 🤣

2 minutes ago, RJD said:

I am a bit more successful and wealthy than Scot Gardiner but thanks for your uninvited concern. 

This is gold. I grew up in Inverness and still have family and interests there, so I don't need your permission to comment on a thread, setting your havers straight, thanks very much.

1 minute ago, RJD said:

I grew up in Inverness-shire as well so why do you support Falkirk. I could not do that as I have Highland blood flowing through my veins.

Falikirk OMG

Born in Falkirk.

4 minutes ago, Ranaldo Bairn said:

Council don't own it m8.

You were empty for 3 years? You've lost it.

"Rats" 🤣

This is gold. I grew up in Inverness and still have family and interests there, so I don't need your permission to comment on a thread, setting your havers straight, thanks very much.

As my Doonhamer wife would say, ‘calm down, baith the pair of ye’s’

2 minutes ago, RJD said:

no but I will help. Thank goodness your council gives you a ground to play on*

Well, good luck. You can take care of the Public Relations side of things and you'll be dandy.

*I wish they did. Anyway, have a read of that document I linked to. Might be handy for you although hopefully it won't come to that.

On 02/06/2024 at 18:59, RJD said:

I go abroad tomorrow so please reply tonight.Your £100k and my £100k go straight to the youth development structure.  No loans (we have learned from Ross not to put money in that you cannot afford)

Straight deal and our lawyers can agree in the morning. I require proof of your finances though. No loans.

By the way, have you handed over your £100k yet now you're back from your holidays?