"The ICT Thread - From the Premiership to the Seaside"

24 minutes ago, Central Belt Caley said:

Do we reckon that Fergusons job is safe until new investors come in? Or would Savage give him the bullet if we lost the next 2/3 games? 

Suggest it depends on whether Savage manages to watch the games..................loosing is one consideration but being toothless and ineptly shite another

• Replies 16.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SandyCromarty

• TheScarf

• RiG

• PB1994

8 minutes ago, PB1994 said:

He’s definitely going to get the Montrose and Kelty games. Purely as Savage will want to fine out if the shareholders will write off the loans and have that meeting with the auditors.

I think he would, obviously, prefer not to sack him but with the comments in the courier or P and J about the squad being good enough for promotion and playing attacking football, along with trying to make the club attractive as possible for new owners/investors. A team sitting in the bottom 2 of league 1 doesn’t extant achieve that so I think he would get rid if he feels the need to.

Aye my only thought is if Ferguson got the sack, we’d then have his extortionate salary to pay and if Savage doesn’t pay it off then we’d look less inviting to any potential investors. 

2 minutes ago, TheScarf said:

I was told about Christie being CEO the other day before the P&J made it public and in the same text was told Ferguson is away in the next 10 days.  The first part came to pass so fingers crossed the second part does too.

Don’t get my hopes up like that 

Just now, Central Belt Caley said:

Aye my only thought is if Ferguson got the sack, we’d then have his extortionate salary to pay and if Savage doesn’t pay it off then we’d look less inviting to any potential investors. 

That was basically my reply to the text.

Just now, Central Belt Caley said:

Worst case scenario we also might end up with Bollan in charge

6 minutes ago, Central Belt Caley said:

Grassa and Savage spent most of the summer popping off in a private jet to the Euros and FA Cup final so he will know everything about the issues with Ferguson.

It will come down to whether he wants to shell out another £300k or whatever it is on top of anything else he needs to put into the club to pay off the debts imo.

Hopefully @TheScarf is right though.

Rather than pay off another contract in binning off Dunc, could the club retain his services and use him in another capacity? He has a network and is still known down south where he could scout or even be used to try build relationships with other clubs for player movements - maybe even DoF (his name would open more doors than Robbo did outwith Scotland)? Don Carlo rated Dunc as a coach, so is there opportunity to work with the youngsters or even again travel to scout young talent here (and abroad) - club ambassador (fancy titles go a long way even if the roles are basic).

All for the suggestion hes not working out as a manager but to pay off a high paid employee with profile may not be the best use of funds unless his contract is water tight and he cant deviate from his existing role without renegotiation. Not to say he would accept another role but then who else will offer him the 'alleged' crazy cash? Also if anyone questions his credibility or managerial record with us he can hide behind the club being a basket case and claim SG was a narcissist who was influencing his role significantly. 

Edited by bdu98196

1 minute ago, bdu98196 said:

Rather than pay off another contract in binning off Dunc, could the club retain his services and use him in another capacity? He has a network and is still known down south where he could scout or even be used to try build relationships with other clubs for player movements - maybe even DoF (his name would open more doors than Robbo did outwith Scotland)? Don Carlo rated Dunc as a coach, so is there opportunity to work with the youngsters or even again travel to scout young talent here (and abroad) - club ambassador (fancy titles go a long way even if the roles are basic).

All for the suggestion hes not working out as a manager but to pay off a high paid employee with profile may not be the best use of funds unless his contract is water tight and he cant deviate from his existing role without renegotiation. Not to say he would accept another role but then who else will offer him the 'alleged' crazy cash?

Offer him fucking tea lady if it gets him out of the dugout IMO.

4 minutes ago, TheScarf said:

Offer him f**king tea lady if it gets him out of the dugout IMO.

if only his contract was as flexible we could do that and when he refuses sack him for breaching it................unfortunately I doubt its an option. But paying a six figure sum to get rid seems folly where there must be room to exploit his profile for club gains.

The truth is the entire club is still in flux.  We seem to be heading in the right direction but it's not great at the moment.  Sacking the manager immediately is only going to add more uncertainty and it would be very difficult to recruit a replacement right now.

I imagine Ferguson will leave but probably in a few weeks time.

14 minutes ago, Central Belt Caley said:

He could walk the players dogs while they’re at training? Or wash their cars?

If he’s any good at DIY could get him to do some odd jobs round the stadium 

Could he not be tasked with removing the, er, 'daily deposit' at the training ground referred to earlier in the thread?

20 minutes ago, ICTChris said:

The truth is the entire club is still in flux.  We seem to be heading in the right direction but it's not great at the moment.  Sacking the manager immediately is only going to add more uncertainty and it would be very difficult to recruit a replacement right now.

I imagine Ferguson will leave but probably in a few weeks time.

There's atoms of recovery, we're no where near even a single shoot of recovery yet.  The club was in a moribund state before Tuesday and Savage has basically saved it temporarily.

I agree re the recruiting a new manager, however it's a process that needs to be undertaken, and imminently.  We're absolutely fucked under Ferguson and Bollan.  I know Charlie Christie knows it, and hopefully he can persuade Savage to do the right thing.

2 hours ago, bdu98196 said:

Those are probably the exact jobs he was doing at Everton for a lot more money before he decided he wanted to fail at being manager. Most normal people's egos couldn't handle that kind of side lining, let alone a mega narcissist like Ferguson. 

It's starting to sound like our best hope is that he goes back to Everton with his tail between his legs for his comfortable job for life and we manage to minimise whatever pay off he's due.

This at least isn't like Gardiner who knows he's not getting another job in football so will hang on for dear life to extract every last penny he can from the club. Ferguson can probably make a lot more not managing us by going back to his former life. 

10 minutes ago, fishy said:

Those are probably the exact jobs he was doing at Everton for a lot more money before he decided he wanted to fail at being manager. Most normal people's egos couldn't handle that kind of side lining, let alone a mega narcissist like Ferguson. 

It's starting to sound like our best hope is that he goes back to Everton with his tail between his legs for his comfortable job for life and we manage to minimise whatever pay off he's due.

This at least isn't like Gardiner who knows he's not getting another job in football so will hang on for dear life to extract every last penny he can from the club. Ferguson can probably make a lot more not managing us by going back to his former life. 

While that is true if Ferguson still wants to be a manager he will know that this is his last chance to make it work. It might already be too late to get another managers job but if he somehow managed to get us promoted and then stay up next season he could probably say it was a success. Not that I believe for a second he is capable of doing that.

Unless he gets a ridiculous sum of money given to him in the next fortnight (which obviously isn't happening) to get players in who will piss the league, then I can confidently say we aren't getting promoted under him, it's far more likely we get relegated again.  He's by far and away the worst manager we've ever had and needs binned now to give the next manager a fighting chance of salvaging the season, which IMO, looks to be snookered already after 2 league games.

9 minutes ago, ForfarLoon84 said:

How’s young Cameron getting on?

About as well as Craig Brewster's hair do in your avatar.

2 hours ago, TheScarf said:

Unless he gets a ridiculous sum of money given to him in the next fortnight (which obviously isn't happening) to get players in who will piss the league, then I can confidently say we aren't getting promoted under him, it's far more likely we get relegated again.  He's by far and away the worst manager we've ever had and needs binned now to give the next manager a fighting chance of salvaging the season, which IMO, looks to be snookered already after 2 league games.

Ferguson says there will be no more signings this window.

3 hours ago, fishy said:

... It's starting to sound like our best hope is that he goes back to Everton with his tail between his legs for his comfortable job for life and we manage to minimise whatever pay off he's due.

^^^ Problem there is that "going back to Everton" probably doesn't look that attractive these days, given the massive financial mess they are in (orders of magnitude above what's going on at Inverness).

Queens were saddled with your current "Ferguson dilemma" last season.  Pretty early on it was apparent that Marvin Bartley wasn't going to get us out of L1, or if he did it would be out the wrong end of the league!  But it looked as though we couldn't afford to pay him off and the club waited until the end of the season to do so when presumably it made more financial sense - with the net result that our season was effectively in the bin from early on.  However, these are the decisions/choices that all BODs have to make given the hard financial realities at this level and its difficult for the fans to swallow naturally.

I reckon after the financial situation has been 100% accessed & annaylised they'll speak to Ferguson about him being on thousands a week as the club will no doubt be struggling to afford that. That'll be a massive weight around the clubs neck. It'll hopefully come to a mutual termination & he'll leave 

Savage will already be thinking of ways to get rid of him mainly cause of his ludicrous wage but there's more important things to deal with right now. 

Till then we're stuck with him how ever long that may be. He's already been told by Christie to play more attacking football so fingers crossed he might actually change things tomorrow I won't hold my breath.