"The ICT Thread - From the Premiership to the Seaside"

31 minutes ago, Bobby1994 said:

I’m sure Connal is a good player but what is this saying about our youth system? I assume Jack Walker must be going out on loan going by this deal? 

I think it’s blatantly obvious Ferguson doesn’t rate many of the players Ross Jack recommends to him.  

• Replies 16.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SandyCromarty

• TheScarf

• RiG

• PB1994

30 minutes ago, bdu98196 said:

Ferguson wont sign a striker as it'll then push Ferguson Jr further down the order - right now he is only behind Billy & Brooks (should also add in Cairns TBF)

Billy will be a centre back by January

And Brooks seems to be played as a left midfielder clearing the way for Ferguson Jnr to bang in the goals to fire us to League 1 glory!*

(*may not be true)

Edited by RiG

While I do think we have some youth players that should be given a shot I sometimes get the impression some of our fans think every single player is good enough to be playing at this level.

Bray, Strachan, Macleod, Mackay, Cairns and Nicholson have all impressed when playing and should be getting more minutes imo but the rest haven’t really shown they are ready.

They have been pumped by Brora and Nairn already this season which proves this.

Edited by PB1994

Just now, PB1994 said:

While I do think we have some youth players that should be given a shot I sometimes thing some of our fans think every single player is good enough to be playing at this level.

Bray, Strachan, Macleod, Mackay, Cairns and Nicholson have all impressed when playing and should be getting more minutes imo but the rest haven’t really shown they are ready.

Nicolson is clearly very good but he’s always injured. I think Bray is the real hope that could be in the team for the next few seasons. 

41 minutes ago, PB1994 said:

While I do think we have some youth players that should be given a shot I sometimes get the impression some of our fans think every single player is good enough to be playing at this level.

I think most would agree those are the standouts. While we were left with the CBs gilmour billy and brooks as the quality more experienced players.

Now what positions are left from that were still  very weak at? I'd say that's where the recruitment should have been prioritized. Except I'd say it hasn't been done. And Duncan has just brought in players to replace those better young players.

Connall Ewan was excellent for us last season. Was a standout from early on and he looked assured in senior football. Very good signing for you guys.

With a bit of luck, it’ll take you less time to remember how to spell his first name than it took me. Not sure I ever had it correct with confidence

11 minutes ago, ICTChris said:

Ferguson Jnr is a really weird looking guy.  He is really tall and quite big but also looks really weak.  He has big legs but tiny thin arms.  Unsettling vibes.

I noticed that. He also appears rather odd when warming up. The young lads all seem to warm up together, and even when he gets involved, it doesn’t look like he’s particularly friendly with any of them. 

8 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

Not having a go, but does it ever concern you that players might read P&B? I've tried to be a bit more careful recently after someone said most of them do on a podcast, especially the younger ones.

They’re professionals at the end of the day, and they’ll be aware the club isn’t doing well. You have to take the abuse with the praise, and if they’re going out their way to read a football forum, then they can only blame themselves really.

7 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

Not having a go, but does it ever concern you that players might read P&B?

No, but of thats this case then hopefully he can tell his dad that the tactics are shite and unless we score goals we will never win a game.....

19 minutes ago, Sir Tarmo said:

They’re professionals at the end of the day, and they’ll be aware the club isn’t doing well. You have to take the abuse with the praise, and if they’re going out their way to read a football forum, then they can only blame themselves really.

Criticising play is fair game but middle aged men calling out a 21 year old for being really weird looking is a bit off imo. 

12 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

Criticising play is fair game but middle aged men calling out a 21 year old for being really weird looking is a bit off imo. 

That’s fair enough.

As I don’t really get offended by anything I usually think anything is fair game.

Perhaps his son is blameless but due to our relegation and the Kelty fiasco there is understandably a lot of animosity towards Ferguson, and his son being signed while we were short of money despite failing at Forfar. 

32 minutes ago, Central Belt Caley said:

Didn’t a players wife/partner post on CTO years ago? I’m sure someone mentioned it on here 

Bobby Mann.  Around about the same time as Steven McGarry’s agent.   I think that was the halcyon days of the interweb.  

I criticise Ferguson Jr because he’s absolutely fucking shite at football. 

I suppose it’s kind of not his fault, his idiot father is playing him several levels of football above his ability.

Yogi Hughes was an odd looking bloke, but a decent manager. A guid honest odd looking bloke.

Cameron Ferguson is a shit at football odd looking giant. If he could score goals in the North Caley I’d be amazed. 

12 minutes ago, TheScarf said:

I criticise Ferguson Jr because he’s absolutely f**king shite at football. 

I suppose it’s kind of not his fault, his idiot father is playing him several levels of football above his ability.

It’s not his fault, but at the end of the day, he’s an adult on a contract being paid by the club we go and pay to watch. So he gets slated by me, the same way I slated Brad McKay or Nathan Austin. Shite.