"The ICT Thread - From the Premiership to the Seaside"

6 minutes ago, Sir Tarmo said:

It’s not his fault, but at the end of the day, he’s an adult on a contract being paid by the club we go and pay to watch. So he gets slated by me, the same way I slated Brad McKay or Nathan Austin. Shite.

Still convinced Brad McKay had revealing pics of Robbo to keep getting deals

• Replies 16.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SandyCromarty

• TheScarf

• RiG

• PB1994

1 minute ago, Central Belt Caley said:

Still convinced Brad McKay had revealing pics of Robbo to keep getting deals

Is he in the Highland League now? That’s still 2 or 3 levels above his station.

3 minutes ago, Central Belt Caley said:

Playing for Brechin I’m sure, shows the state Falkirk were in that they seen fit to give him a 3 year deal after leaving us. 

Gary. f**kin. Holt. 

https://www.inverness-courier.co.uk/sport/boss-duncan-ferguson-takes-40-per-cent-pay-cut-to-protect-jo-359771/?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=facebook#1fecp2erb84i

Im really starting to wonder how Morrison has successfully run a business. I don’t think we will ever find out the true extent of what they did but a wee peak at it is horrifying.

1 hour ago, Savage Henry said:

Bobby Mann.  Around about the same time as Steven McGarry’s agent.   I think that was the halcyon days of the interweb.  

She was some lady defending her Bobby, a policewoman in Dundee as I recall, a banterfest at it it's best and as you say times were halcyon compared to some of the bitterness I see these days.

But correct me if I'm wrong wasn't it on CTO?

16 minutes ago, PB1994 said:

https://www.inverness-courier.co.uk/sport/boss-duncan-ferguson-takes-40-per-cent-pay-cut-to-protect-jo-359771/?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=facebook#1fecp2erb84i

Im really starting to wonder how Morrison has successfully run a business. I don’t think we will ever find out the true extent of what they did but a wee peak at it is horrifying.

I was wondering the same thing, guys like Morrison and the other directors are obviously fairly successful to be in the position to be on the board. 

It seems like any good business practice seems to have gone out the window when it comes to acting for the club. However it does seem like a lot of the running of the club was left to Gardiner 

It’s absolute madness to be offering £3k a week, to anyone, to manage in the Scottish Championship. How were they willing to offer that when they were constantly moaning about how skint we were.

9 minutes ago, PB1994 said:

It’s absolute madness to be offering £3k a week, to anyone, to manage in the Scottish Championship. How were they willing to offer that when they were constantly moaning about how skint we were.

I was under the impression he was being paid by one of the directors, and not the club itself.   But if that were true, him taking a cut would do very little to help the financial situation unless that 40% was going directly into, to quote the Daily Record, club coffers/ a war chest.  

11 minutes ago, PB1994 said:

Because it was a purely a ‘look who we can attract’ muscle flexing exercise, to the detriment of the literal existence of the club. Fucking cunt bastards.

3 minutes ago, Savage Henry said:

I was under the impression he was being paid by one of the directors, and not the club itself.   But if that were true, him taking a cut would do very little to help the financial situation unless that 40% was going directly into, to quote the Daily Record, club coffers/ a war chest.  

Morrison said a few months ago on a podcast that it was the club that were paying the wages and not a director off the books.

We could have gotten any semi competent manager and used some of that extra cash to bring in a player or two and have just as much chance of staying up as we did under Big Dunce. 

4 minutes ago, TheScarf said:

Because it was a purely a ‘look who we can attract’ muscle flexing exercise, to the detriment of the literal existence of the club. f**king c**t b*****ds.

This is exactly why he shouldn’t be getting any good will for writing off his loans.

Just now, PB1994 said:

Morrison said a few months ago on a podcast that it was the club that were paying the wages and not a director off the books.

Interesting.  Scot Gardiner was telling anyone who’d listen that wasn’t the case.  I’m beginning to think he was less than competent as a CEO. 

Dougie Imrie had agreed terms and was set to be unveiled then Ferguson’s agent called Gardiner who told him he was available so Imrie was ‘thanks but no thanksed’ and 2 days later Ferguson had the The Caley scarf above his head.

That’s come from someone who knows one of those people who was in the meeting with Imrie, which was held in Aviemore.

Just now, Central Belt Caley said:

Interesting to note, Scott Brown who allegedly applied and was interviewed has Ayr top of the championship after 4 games.

Whereas we’re stuck with Duncball 

Scott Brown, Duncan Ferguson and “a player at one of Scotland’s biggest clubs who fancied a career change” were the final three.  But that was what Gardiner claimed, so it was probably John Brown.   

7 minutes ago, Savage Henry said:

Scott Brown, Duncan Ferguson and “a player at one of Scotland’s biggest clubs who fancied a career change” were the final three.  But that was what Gardiner claimed, so it was probably John Brown.   

It was Rowan Alexander