"The ICT Thread - From the Premiership to the Seaside"

3 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

The administrators may be duty bound to accept offers for these players in January though.

That would only be to cut costs as we are unlikely to command any sorts of fee for most of the dross at the club, infact in some cases we'd probably have to pay clubs to take them away

• Replies 18k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SandyCromarty

• TheScarf

• RiG

• PB1994

11 minutes ago, fishy said:

Out of curiosity I looked at our last season in the bottom tier and we averaged 1,579. This was also our first season at the Caledonian Stadium. I reckon that a successful season in League 2 would have us struggling to average 900 over a season. However, a winning team might drag a few more out. 

Last night Savage confirmed we would be part time at that level so post admin I don't think it matters what league we're in (in terms of longterm sustainability). Obviously the higher up the pyramid we are, the better. 

As an aside, I thought it was interesting that 5 of the 6 least supported teams in the football league from that season are the ones that have been relegated from league 2 - EFS Attendances (european-football-statistics.co.uk). With only Clydebank (and I guess original Rangers and Airdrie) joining them in no longer being in the football league. 

Our average for 1995/96 was 1579 - that wasn't our first season at hte Caley Stadium.  We moved to the Caledonian stadium in October or November 1996 and our average for 1996/97 was 2495.

It's a different world from then to now in terms of football in Inverness though.

23 minutes ago, ICTChris said:

Our average for 1995/96 was 1579 - that wasn't our first season at hte Caley Stadium.  We moved to the Caledonian stadium in October or November 1996 and our average for 1996/97 was 2495.

It's a different world from then to now in terms of football in Inverness though.

Yeah, I clicked on the wrong season there. 

You're right about it being a different world. I reckon we'd need to be winning the championship to see  average crowds close to that again.  

28 minutes ago, mozam76 said:

Looking at all this from afar, Savage seems to be bristling not just at how the club got into the state it's in, but also at how things are going just now.  

Based on his comments in the press and interviews for our podcast Savage has not hidden his...dislike of Gardiner. He made it clear that he wouldn't want to get involved at the club as long as SG was there. The whole 7,000 emails thing was uncovered during Savage's "audit" of the club which was probably just the surface of Gardiners incompetence.

So once we go into administration:

Automatic 15 points deduction.

The administrator will get rid of all the senior players /higher earners and backroom staff almost straight away.  We'll be playing the kids and the/any cheap loan guys for the rest of the season.

Season tickets will be cancelled.

Is the stadium safe?  Morrison has a charge over the assets of the company.

If a CVA is the exit route for administarion then there needs to be agreement of the creditors.  If the biggest creditors are the ex-directors then they hold a lot of power.

2 minutes ago, Buzz Killington said:

Is the stadium safe?  Morrison has a charge over the assets of the company.

If a CVA is the exit route for administarion then there needs to be agreement of the creditors.  If the biggest creditors are the ex-directors then they hold a lot of power.

What's the situation with bothe the old grounds, can you relocate to one of them in the event of losing the Stadium

Just now, Buzz Killington said:

He did, but I don't see how he gets a say in that.  Once the admistrator is in charge they make these decisions, not Savage. 

He said he would personally guarantee funding the club through the admin process, maybe that includes the season tickets.

6 hours ago, gannonball said:

I’m absolutely guessing here but could it be that he forgot to make a formal offer for the player to stay? It’s happened before (albeit rare) that the club have only made verbal offers to a young player then he’s entitled to leave for nothing as they forgot to document it properly.

The only other thing I can think of is they've went with a sell on clause instead of getting any money upfront for him.

Don't pay us anything now but we'll take 25% of any future sale.

But given how disgusted Christie was talking about it most likely not what's happened.

33 minutes ago, SirJimmyofNic said:

What's the situation with bothe the old grounds, can you relocate to one of them in the event of losing the Stadium

Thistle's ground is houses, Caledonian's is a dead retail park.

31 minutes ago, Buzz Killington said:

He did, but I don't see how he gets a say in that.  Once the admistrator is in charge they make these decisions, not Savage. 

Why would they cancel the season tickets? They've never done that before as I am aware.

The Administrator also wouldn't automatically get rid of all of our senior players. We are still paying the wages and I imagine we would continue to do so. They would be at the club until January where offers would be considered for all players.

Edited by PB1994

1 hour ago, ICTChris said:

42 minutes ago, fishy said:

Yeah, I clicked on the wrong season there. 

You're right about it being a different world. I reckon we'd need to be winning the championship to see  average crowds close to that again.  

This quite an existential question, by why is it a different world? - or rather, why is it a different world in a negative rather than positive sense?

Since then ICT have been an established top flight side, won a Scottish Cup and played in Europe. Why do you have a smaller core support now than before all that happened, especially given the growth Inverness has seen in that time? The current "situation" obviously doesn't help but it must be a deeper problem than that?

Winning draws fans, that's really the only thing.  Clubs can have all kinds of deals, initiatives, incentives, but in the long run, none of that really matters.  Winning games is the only thing that really counts.  Inverness clearly have a decent base support and plenty of goodwill.  If they drop down the leagues but start going on a winning run, crowds will come back.

However, what does make a difference is away crowds.  The drop in away attendance as you go down the leagues is huge.

21 minutes ago, Forfinn said:

This quite an existential question, by why is it a different world? - or rather, why is it a different world in a negative rather than positive sense?

Since then ICT have been an established top flight side, won a Scottish Cup and played in Europe. Why do you have a smaller core support now than before all that happened, especially given the growth Inverness has seen in that time? The current "situation" obviously doesn't help but it must be a deeper problem than that?

A few things - the novelty of having a senior club has worn off for some, there are much more things to do on a Saturday now (including other televised fixtures), no real long-term marketing strategy to attract new fans (and no modernisation of the matchday experience), our home support loses a chunk each year from a decent amount of young people moving from Inverness to study etc. You can see from the video of the old duffers on the board that we've needed some fresh ideas for a long time.

Edited by Stephen Malkmus

31 minutes ago, PB1994 said:

Why would they cancel the season tickets? They've never done that before as I am aware.

My understanding is that season tickets are cancelled, holders then become creditors and join the queue for whatever money is available.