"The ICT Thread - From the Premiership to the Seaside"

8 minutes ago, Mulder12 said:

For clarity on the shodwall cat situation he was done for fraudulently obtaining money from some of those who you would class as the most vulnerable in society. A throughly unpleasant person and the last person who can take the moral high ground in any situation.

Now that is how to make your first post on P&B.

1 hour ago, Stephen Malkmus said:

In response to a question, he confirmed that Administration means the club’s Bronze Licence is changed to entry level automatically, technically for three years. We need to be out of administration before the start of next season and he has been advised that there are derogations to the three year rule, so this issue is not insurmountable.

I'm sure one of the forum's administration vultures will be able to set out what this means.

Not an awful lot in practical terms immediately though technically you need a Bronze Licence to be a member of the SPFL now. Technically you could be expelled from the League and sent back to the Highland League for not having a Bronze Licence. That's why there was all the stramash in the summer about Edinburgh City not having one and Kelty didn't until the last minute either. And why Buckie Thistle were not allowed to take part in the League playoffs. I imagine if there is a club to be saved here though (which there is) then it's not in anybody's interest to expel it. You'll apply for (and be given) a derogation which will effectively allow an "except for" in this case whilst the only reason you don't have a Bronze Licence is the insolvency event within 3 years.

The amount of funding you get from the SFA as an Entry Licence holder will be less than as a Bronze Licence holder but in the scheme of things that's not all that important. Might be less than £10k.

27 minutes ago, Mulder12 said:

For clarity on the shodwall cat situation he was done for fraudulently obtaining money from some of those who you would class as the most vulnerable in society. A throughly unpleasant person and the last person who can take the moral high ground in any situation.

I would like more details please.

Not because I don’t believe you, I just enjoy the drama. 

1 hour ago, Stephen Malkmus said:

• In response to a question, he confirmed that Administration means the club’s Bronze Licence is changed to entry level automatically, technically for three years. We need to be out of administration before the start of next season and he has been advised that there are derogations to the three year rule, so this issue is not insurmountable.

I'm sure one of the forum's administration vultures will be able to set out what this means.

Might be referring to SPFL Rule D6

D6 The Board may in its absolute discretion waive, relax or grant a period of grace in
respect of any Club's or Candidate Club’s requirement to comply with any part of the
Membership Criteria and/or Rules D5, H4, H13, H14, H18, H19 and/or H20.

5 hours ago, Fraz said:

This looks like the crucial area for the administrator to sort out to me, not a clue how they can do it.

The land ownership issues have been the main reason for interested parties not proceeding. Administration should resolve this.

In response to a question, he confirmed that the Charge held by Ross Morrison and Alan Munro over club assets remains in place..

46 minutes ago, Skyline Drifter said:

And why Buckie Thistle were not allowed to take part in the League playoffs.

Buckie didn't even bother putting their application in for a period of grace, despite having most of the boxes ticked.

Edited by welshbairn

15 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

The land ownership issues have been the main reason for interested parties not proceeding. Administration should resolve this.

In response to a question, he confirmed that the Charge held by Ross Morrison and Alan Munro over club assets remains in place..

This would confirm that the only reason Ketan/Anderson were interested in buying the club was to own then flog off the stadium and car park land. I'd rather Morrison and Munro had control over it than some randoms who have no reason to have the club's best interest at heart. Morrison and Munro having discretion over how the land is disposed is actually a useful bulwark against that.

2 hours ago, RiG said:

Because it seems some supporters can forgive the current situation we are in, partly due to Ferguson and his ultra conservative tactics, for him allegedly working for free (he isn't) and paying for some petrol for a couple of players.

I was secretly hoping it came out that the "players" he was covering petrol for was just his son and he was just giving him a lift in. 

21 minutes ago, Stephen Malkmus said:

This would confirm that the only reason Ketan/Anderson were interested in buying the club was to own then flog off the stadium and car park land. I'd rather Morrison and Munro had control over it than some randoms who have no reason to have the club's best interest at heart. Morrison and Munro having discretion over how the land is disposed is actually a useful bulwark against that.

I genuinely hope you're right. I don't know if a club has ever gone into administration before with zero assets other than its name, and a shed load of liabilities.

Edited by welshbairn

Just now, The Moonster said:

I was secretly hoping it came out that the "players" he was covering petrol for was just his son and he was just giving him a lift in. 

In "Big Duncs" quest to make it all about him that wouldn't surprise me in the slightest.

27 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

I genuinely hope you're right. I don't know if a club has ever gone into administration before with zero assets other than its name, and a shed load of liabilities.

As said before, Airdrie went into provisional liquidation, I'm not sure what the difference is really. It could have been the club status, membership, limited company issues, that set them apart. But anyway the dispute over ownership of the ground f**ked them up. Builder wouldn't hand over the building, claiming money still owed. The council wanted confirmation that had been addressed before signing off the land deeds.

Something like that anyway. So they went tits up, unlike clubs put into admin.

Edited by Sergeant Wilson

I noticed this on the summary of the meeting last night.

There has been a lot of misinformation about the cost of the Academy. The cost to the club is between £25k and £40k per year. Taken over time, this has been more than covered by transfer fees. The Academy realistically can produce 3 or 4 players each year for the first team squad’

Those figures seem remarkably low for an academy (unless there is funding is from elsewhere).   If it can genuinely produce 3 or 4 first team squad players each year, pound for pound it must be the best academy in the country by a mile.

5 hours ago, The Black Flag said:

The Courier has been printing some absolute click bait shite about the club over the last few weeks, I just wanted to say that. I would presume there would be an official club statement later today on going into administration.

I really have gone off the Courier.

I like Will Clark but Andrew Henderson who hailed Ketan Makwane as a rich as Croesus advisor to Prime Ministers who already owned a club in England, has a piece out today saying that the name 'Clydebank' is consigned to history. Keith are playing them in the Cup on Saturday.

Edited by welshbairn

Just now, Cowdenleith said:

I noticed this on the summary of the meeting last night.

There has been a lot of misinformation about the cost of the Academy. The cost to the club is between £25k and £40k per year. Taken over time, this has been more than covered by transfer fees. The Academy realistically can produce 3 or 4 players each year for the first team squad’

Those figures seem remarkably low for an academy (unless there is funding is from elsewhere).   If it can genuinely produce 3 or 4 first team squad players each year, pound for pound it must be the best academy in the country by a mile.

He’s possibly being a bit lenient with players for the first team squad, over the past few years we’ve had probably had 2-4 young boys in the first team squads. They’ve maybe not played not much but it pads out the squad and they’ve got minutes here and there and in cup games etc. They tend to get released then the next batch take their place.

The costs I’m not sure on but I think when Savage first got involved it was to help with the youth academy costs. He might have already had some involvement with sponsorship so the costs to the club were lower. 

When Airdrie went tits up, they basically bought Clydebank and renamed them. They (graciously) gave the name and badge to a fans group who restarted the club as a Junior team. They are doing very well and are through to the third round of the Scottish cup. Feck knows what would happen if they draw Airdrie.