"The ICT Thread - From the Premiership to the Seaside"

15 minutes ago, NorthStand10 said:

I imagine we’ll be taking another attacker in even if Samuels is fit again. Easy to name former players but Marley Watkins has only played 222 minutes for Aberdeen this season and has missed just 1 game through injury so clearly not favoured at Aberdeen.

Watkins will be on about £5k a week at Aberdeen. No chance they will be letting him come here for free. Nor would he have any interest in playing in the Championship either.

• Replies 14.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SandyCromarty

• RiG

• TheScarf

• Highland Capital

6 minutes ago, PB1994 said:

Watkins will be on about £5k a week at Aberdeen. No chance they will be letting him come here for free. Nor would he have any interest in playing in the Championship either.

If we did it would be a loan and we’d pay a percentage of his wage. Agree it’s unlikely he’d want to drop level but I’d be surprised if they’re paying 5K a week to a minimal squad player (bad business if they are)

Edited by Guest

12 minutes ago, NorthStand10 said:

If we did it would be a loan and we’d pay a percentage of his wage. Agree it’s unlikely he’d want to drop level but I’d be surprised if they’re paying 5K a week to a minimal squad player (bad business if they are)

It was a total guess but he would have been on a fair whack playing for Norwich, Bristol and Cardiff so I don’t imagine it would be far off.

26 minutes ago, NorthStand10 said:

If we are talking narrow margins on what we can afford Oakley was on about £790 a week.

I can see a couple more players being released before the end of the month.

Ooops - forgot to post about this! :blush:

New pod out now with the usual review of some of the previous games (had to leave a few out due to time constraints), discussion about Dodds, interviews with Dan MacKay and Mark Ridgers and we also have a special guest panellist in the form of Liam Keogh!

Finally, if you follow us on Twitter, like and RT the tweet below promoting the pod you're in with a chance of winning a signed ICT shirt. Lovely stuff!

On 23/01/2023 at 09:05, RiG said:

Ooops - forgot to post about this! :blush:

New pod out now with the usual review of some of the previous games (had to leave a few out due to time constraints), discussion about Dodds, interviews with Dan MacKay and Mark Ridgers and we also have a special guest panellist in the form of Liam Keogh!

Finally, if you follow us on Twitter, like and RT the tweet below promoting the pod you're in with a chance of winning a signed ICT shirt. Lovely stuff!

Another good listen, glad someone mentioned Gnapka for the hopeless January signings, he was first to come to mind for me 😂

1 hour ago, Central Belt Caley said:

Another good listen, glad someone mentioned Gnapka for the hopeless January signings, he was first to come to mind for me 😂

Cheers mate. It was myself who went for Gnapka. We must have missed a load of others as well TBH but ones like Byrne and Gnapka stood out for me.

3 hours ago, RiG said:

Cheers mate. It was myself who went for Gnapka. We must have missed a load of others as well TBH but ones like Byrne and Gnapka stood out for me.

I don't think Byrne ever actually played for us - he was signed because he was friends with Brewster and then turned up on the bench a couple of times.  Tarmo Kink was perhaps the most disappointing.  He came with a pretty decent pedigree and just wasn't interested.

3 hours ago, Highland Capital said:

I don't think Byrne ever actually played for us - he was signed because he was friends with Brewster and then turned up on the bench a couple of times.  Tarmo Kink was perhaps the most disappointing.  He came with a pretty decent pedigree and just wasn't interested.

Nah I don't think he did. He was just a ridiculous signing all round though. And yes Kink was a letdown. He got a mention too if I mind right. 

Edited by RiG

11 minutes ago, RiG said:

Nah I don't think he did. He was just a ridiculous signing all round though. And yes Kink was a letdown. He got a mention too if I mind right. 

Yeah he did.  One who didn't get a mention was Alex MacDonald in 2011 - he was signed on loan from Burnley, only scored once and was generally not very good.  He does seem to have forged out a good career down south though.

I don't think Dean Ebbe got a mention either.  He wasn't a bad player but when you're staring relegation in the face I'm not sure a young inexperienced striker from the Irish third tier is really the player we should've been looking at.

Edited by Highland Capital

3 hours ago, Highland Capital said:

Yeah he did.  One who didn't get a mention was Alex MacDonald in 2011 - he was signed on loan from Burnley, only scored once and was generally not very good.  He does seem to have forged out a good career down south though.

I don't think Dean Ebbe got a mention either.  He wasn't a bad player but when you're staring relegation in the face I'm not sure a young inexperienced striker from the Irish third tier is really the player we should've been looking at.

If ever a signing encapsulated the Richie Foran era, it was Dean Ebbe.

A likeable Irish amateur who was well out of his depth.

Tbh, poor signings on low salaries or loans is frustrating, but not as bad as poor players signed on decent contracts for long duration...............Jordan Roberts was one I recall. Arsenal youth product, big expectations and didnt deliver

8 minutes ago, bdu98196 said:

Tbh, poor signings on low salaries or loans is frustrating, but not as bad as poor players signed on decent contracts for long duration...............Jordan Roberts was one I recall. Arsenal youth product, big expectations and didnt deliver

Do you mean Phil Roberts? Jordan Roberts was a bit later than him and plagued by injuries in his spell here, did score a corker against Motherwell in the cup I think