"The ICT Thread - The Championship Years"

19 hours ago, TheScarf said:

Yeah, Gardiner has fallen out with the Podcast guys and they’ve been told no players or management will be available to go on it.

This is why I stuck up for them a lot when they were getting stick from fans. I can't remember them saying or tweeting anything too negative about Gardiner or the club they were literally accused of kissing ass but they've somehow been banned from speaking to players & staff which is just insane. No wonder they were a bit reluctant to ask the hard questions. 

Absolutely disgusting way to treat fans especially fans that are trying to provide a service to the support. I personally really like the podcast listen to it quite a lot the interviews with players n staff was a good insight into the club. We now have to rely on the P&J or the Inverness Courier back pages 🙄 for a club that desperately needs to engage with their fans more it's a baffling decision. 

• Replies 13.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SandyCromarty

• RiG

• TheScarf

• Highland Capital

A bit ironic coming from me when I haven’t signed up to it yet, but I think we need to be using the supporters trust to ask these questions of the club. The podcast is literally the only fan engagement we get. We really could be using our media team in a much better way - I think they’re volunteers but I’m sure they’d happily be putting more creative content out like other clubs do?

36 minutes ago, scottbamby said:

I think we need to be using the supporters trust to ask these questions of the club.

Not sure there's much engagement between those parties either and when there is I don't think the ST want to push anything 'contentious' for fear of burning the bridges and being locked out of dialogues altogether.

5 minutes ago, Stephen Malkmus said:

If the battery storage application gets refused I will personally fund a bedsheet banner protest calling for his removal

Will you be listing it on ebay after? Like other banners fans have made.

Edited by bdu98196

We all knew he was away to United a couple of weeks back, so I'm guessing he 'won't be fit' for our game against them on Friday.

Was hoping he'd be away to Livingston,  Dundee or back to St Johnstone. Not ideal he's signed for another club in the Championship. 

A replacement for him is crucial. Him n Mckay were our main sources of goals now we have to rely on 35 year old Billy to score. 

While it was widely mentioned about Wotherspoon going to United, it is for me, a strange one. While I'm delighted ICT have lost a real quality player in the scrap for 4th-10th, him going to likely sit quite a lot on United's bench at this stage in his career is an interesting move. Assume his wages will have had a decent bump to justify it.

12 minutes ago, Supercaleyman94 said:

Was hoping he'd be away to Livingston,  Dundee or back to St Johnstone. Not ideal he's signed for another club in the Championship. 

A replacement for him is crucial. Him n Mckay were our main sources of goals now we have to rely on 35 year old Billy to score. 

It doesn't bother me he's gone to United.  They aren't a rival in this league for us.  I'd be ripping if he signed for Morton, Ayr or QP for example. 

Hopefully he can help us by helping United beat those teams for us.

2 minutes ago, cb_diamond said:

While it was widely mentioned about Wotherspoon going to United, it is for me, a strange one. While I'm delighted ICT have lost a real quality player in the scrap for 4th-10th, him going to likely sit quite a lot on United's bench at this stage in his career is an interesting move. Assume his wages will have had a decent bump to justify it.

If United can get shot of Poppadom Hands and Ollie Denham that’s a wee wedge to hand to someone who can provide depth.  I know there’s a lot of chat about United’s squad size, but the bench is full of homegrown kids every week.  Very few senior pros beyond the first 11.

4 minutes ago, cb_diamond said:

I think it makes quite a lot of sense going to Dundee United. Gets to move back to his home area, bigger wages and he will probably be one of their best players between now and the end of the season.

18 minutes ago, Supercaleyman94 said:

Wotherspoon isn’t Primark unfortunately so Martindale was out of the game

These were Butcher's January window signings in his time with us. Most of the transfer action under him happened in the summer windows, but there are still some notable names here.

January 2009 (after his appointment on 27th Jan)

Eric Odhiambo (Leicester, free)

Richie Foran (Southend, undisclosed)

Brian Kerr (unattached, free)

January 2010

Apparently no-one (still pissed the league)

January 2011

Aaron Doran (Blackburn, loan)

Alex MacDonald (Burnley, loan)

Chris Hogg (Hibs, free)

January 2012

Steve Williams (Bradford, loan)

Sam Winnall (Wolves, loan)

Claude Gnakpa (Walsall, free)

January 2013 

Danny Devine (Fleetwood, free)

Charlie Taylor (Leeds, loan)

Jordan Gibbons (QPR, loan)