"The ICT Thread - From the Premiership to the Seaside"

17 hours ago, McGuigan1978 said:

Is there anyone involved in Scottish football who has a worse track record than Scott Gardiner? 

Almost everyone who followed Dundee and Hearts felt he was ill suited to running a football team, and yet somehow he managed to get another post at Inverness. 

I was going to say he was the CEO equivalent of Gary Locke, but at least Locke had that decent spell at Cowdenbeath. 

6 hours ago, Zen Archer (Raconteur) said:

The Uncle Albert of Scottish football.

image.jpeg.67293de57cf8d533288fe8be8add430e.jpeg

• Replies 14.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SandyCromarty

• RiG

• TheScarf

• Highland Capital

This all reminds me of Ayr in the early 2000’s no money thanks to Barr fucking off and stiffing us with a tax bill. A stadium that was due to fail safety measures and a new owner based in the states. 

The board focused on land that had been (sort of) gifted to us by Barr for the new stadium. It was only to be used for a new stadium and the club wouldn’t really own it so couldn’t sell it. The land being in a prime retail area.

They agreed a plan that would see Wimpey buy Somerset, the money would be used to build the first phase of the new stadium and office space for rent that would pay for phase two. Wimpey pulled out at the 11th hour and we had no money to get the safety work done. The club ended up going part time, selling off or leasing any assets like the car park and club merchandise, catering etc to cut outgoings. We had a chairman who wouldn’t spend money we didn’t have who probably saved the club. 

The difference here is that the people who caused the issue and the people tasked with fixing it were two different sets of people. I’m not sure that is the case here and it probably should be. 

From that statement, they may as well have said, we put a lottery ticket on but due to issues outwith our control, this has not been successful and we will be addressing this with Camelot. 

16 hours ago, Central Belt Caley said:

Mentioned earlier in the thread but sledging for the kids is a legitimate reason to oppose the battery farm ffs :lol:

I know people moan about the Scottish government centralising stuff away from local control but this is exactly why they are doing it. Every council up and down the country are full on mumbling NIMBY types stifling any sort of development.

35 minutes ago, TheScarf said:

That’s achieved more in the game than Ross County ever will. Despite having a multi millionaire backer who’s written off more millions of pound of losses than anyone could ever imagine. 

Never staked our clubs future against a get rich quick scheme though. 😂

3 hours ago, gannonball said:

I know people moan about the Scottish government centralising stuff away from local control but this is exactly why they are doing it. Every council up and down the country are full on mumbling NIMBY types stifling any sort of development.

In a flurry of views on this topic of varying quality, your one piques my interest. 

Much like posts that proffer the permanently adolescent view that if only we sack the boss everything will be so much better, local councillors play to the gallery and prefer to defer to others to take the grown up and nuanced decisions. 

Distributed and despatchable green generation is of national importance. In an Inverness context where the big bowl of the landscape is mostly given over to various structures, it is incumbent upon the community to agree to reasonable access to the DNO's infrastructure for our common good. 

20 minutes ago, sophia said:

In a flurry of views on this topic of varying quality, your one piques my interest. 

Much like posts that proffer the permanently adolescent view that if only we sack the boss everything will be so much better, local councillors play to the gallery and prefer to defer to others to take the grown up and nuanced decisions. 

Distributed and despatchable green generation is of national importance. In an Inverness context where the big bowl of the landscape is mostly given over to various structures, it is incumbent upon the community to agree to reasonable access to the DNO's infrastructure for our common good. 

Taxi for David Brent…

14 hours ago, TheScarf said:

a multi millionaire backer who’s written off more millions of pound of losses than anyone could ever imagine. 

While this is undeniably an accurate description of Ross County & Roy McGregor, this perhaps isn't the best time to be bringing up millions of pounds of losses. The material difference between the two clubs at the moment appears to be that Ross County's owner is deliberately budgeting for substantial losses and is willing to write them off, while Inverness Caledonian Thistle's directors are deliberately budgeting for substantial losses and have no willingness to write them off, preferring to hope a get rich quick scheme will fill the gap.

3 hours ago, Dunning1874 said:

While this is undeniably an accurate description of Ross County & Roy McGregor, this perhaps isn't the best time to be bringing up millions of pounds of losses. The material difference between the two clubs at the moment appears to be that Ross County's owner is deliberately budgeting for substantial losses and is willing to write them off, while Inverness Caledonian Thistle's directors are deliberately budgeting for substantial losses and have no willingness to write them off, preferring to hope a get rich quick scheme will fill the gap.

It was absolutely the best time to bring it up. A fan of a club who would undoubtedly be in the Championship at best without getting their eye watering debt written off by their single point of failure needed reminding of that.

The different way both clubs deal with debt has nothing to do with my reply to him. That seems fairly obviously I would’ve thought. It was quite clearly a ‘show us your medals/achievements’ reply.

Onto footballing matters and I was told yesterday by a mate that one of the youth players he knows was playing in the bounce game against Clach the other day and Ferguson’s son was the worst player on the park. Ferguson was sat in the stand telling Gardiner all game how good his son is technically. So that sounds really promising for when he signs.

1 hour ago, TheScarf said:

Onto footballing matters and I was told yesterday by a mate that one of the youth players he knows was playing in the bounce game against Clach the other day and Ferguson’s son was the worst player on the park. Ferguson was sn the stand telling Gardiner all game how good his son is technically. So that sounds really promising for when he signs.

The last thing we need right now is a "technical" player square and back passing, what we do need is a natural flair forward.

14 hours ago, sophia said:

I’ll have the Word Salad please, and a portion of Verbal Spaghetti to go. 

6 hours ago, TheScarf said:

Onto footballing matters and I was told yesterday by a mate that one of the youth players he knows was playing in the bounce game against Clach the other day and Ferguson’s son was the worst player on the park. Ferguson was sat in the stand telling Gardiner all game how good his son is technically. So that sounds really promising for when he signs.

I swear Ferguson is doing some kind of player laundering in his tenure with us. No way his son can get a deal with us when he is muck. 

If we stay ahead of Arbroath then I doubt there has been a group of players and manager in our clubs history I would have less confidence in in a play off situation than this one.

Just now, scottbamby said:

Seeing on Twitter that folk were ejected for anti-Scot Gardiner chants?

Looking forward to joining in with them at Tannadice next week

One wee monkey eared ned was huckled for being ridiculous. 

He was full of bravado when fronting up to stewards but not so much when the grip of the police was upon him. What a daft.