"The ICT Thread - From the Premiership to the Seaside"

Not so lucky unfortunately. It's basically what i said on here we should be doing months ago. 

• Replies 14.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SandyCromarty

• RiG

• TheScarf

• Highland Capital

9 minutes ago, TheScarf said:

Not so lucky unfortunately. It's basically what i said on here we should be doing months ago. 

That's it announced. The Stronger Together Fund. 

24 minutes ago, TheScarf said:

Or in 2005 when the trust was set up. Think how much more money The Caley could have squandered over the last 19 years. 

1 minute ago, Central Belt Caley said:

I’m extremely wealthy and will contribute, when and only when that fucknugget of a CEO is gone

Nah fuck him, he has nothing to do with this, thankfully. I'll be contributing 

I’m a cash rich pensioner. Tell them I want a stand named after me. Either The Mantis stand or the f**k Gardiner Stand, whatever’s easiest. 

Setting aside the staunch sounding stronger together moniker, what I read on this leaves me disinclined to think that there is an attractive focus and it reads like a typical committee minute that all signatories can approve. 

Screenshot_20240406_194425.jpg

Well, the aim was to get 6 points out of Arbroath and Queens Park and we have arguably done the difficult part by winning at home. Always feel more confident that we can get a result away from home but can we finally put a couple of wins in a row together?

Dont think the performance was a massive improvement on previous weeks, we were just playing a dreadful team. Huge game at Hampden next week. A repeat of the last time we were there would be grand.

That's what I feel too. We played exactly the same as we always do - slow, sideways, always the safe option. We just played an absolutely atrocious team today so it worked. 

I would echo what has been said above - we deserved the win today, however Arbroath are a very poor side. We lacked the quality to put the game to bed in the first half.

I thought his refusal to change from the back five against a side offering little to no threat was going to cost us, especially when they went down to ten men. I can’t help but think we won in spite of the tactics today, not because of them.

Alex Samuel was fantastic and his goal was top drawer. He’s got me contemplating pulling a sickie next weekend 😆 

Entire prefered midfield and central defence made up of loanees. There is no backbone to the first team. This is grim.

Loanees being prefered to signed players (even those with one year left) in those positions does not bode well for these contracted players to stay with the club regardless what ever league we play in next season. I can see a complete clear out at the end of season, players just wanting to go somewhere else. Continuity has always served us well, when there is chopping and changing at this club it disrupts any progress forward and is forerunner to disaster, this has been proved again and again. Massive problem with our midfield just now. I hope we can sign in at least six or seven new midfielders in the summer a couple of quality center backs, get something for a team to be built around. There is nothing in the team right now, its all currently being dismantled in front of us.

I fully expect despite the complete underestimation of Falkirk swatting Montrose aside last week, that Falkirk will easily be in the Championship playoffs next season and we could end up on the end of a 3-0 pumping at Links Park in the playoff semi finals with only 2 shots at goal from us in the whole game with our negative tactics and preferencial lonee Lowland League player standard. I think people overestimate how poor the Championship is right now and that there is a clear overlap in quality with the two leagues.

4 hours ago, CityDave94 said:

Continuity has always served us well, when there is chopping and changing at this club it disrupts any progress forward and is forerunner to disaster

Generally I agree you want a bit of continuity, but our squad has got worse and worse each year for the last three so I have no issue with a major rebuild. The question is whether we have the right people (or the funds) to carry out such a rebuild!

Next year, Duncan Ferguson needs to stop showing this league so much respect. He's setting us up like a lower half EPL team like Everton when we should be using Liverpool-type tactics, for example.

11 hours ago, Stephen Malkmus said:

Next year, Duncan Ferguson needs to stop showing this league so much respect. He's setting us up like a lower half EPL team like Everton when we should be using Liverpool-type tactics, for example.

It worked months ago against Dundee Utd & he's stuck with it ever since. Problem is it only works in certain games. 7 out of 10 we need to be taking the game to them having more players up front not playing with 5 at the back

14 hours ago, CityDave94 said:

I fully expect despite the complete underestimation of Falkirk swatting Montrose aside last week, that Falkirk will easily be in the Championship playoffs next season and we could end up on the end of a 3-0 pumping at Links Park in the playoff semi finals with only 2 shots at goal from us in the whole game with our negative tactics and preferencial lonee Lowland League player standard. I think people overestimate how poor the Championship is right now and that there is a clear overlap in quality with the two leagues.

I can't see us getting thrashed 3-0 to be fair but I can see us drawing 0-0 or 1-1 & going out on penalties 

Loanee players can shrug their shoulders and go back to their clubs in the summer and put it down to a bad experience. Contracted 1st team players who were pushed out by preference from the manager will have given up knowing they are not wanted and be looking around for another club next season. I very much think the momentum and positive mental attitude is going to be with the L1 club even Montrose and the possibility of a humiliating gubbing over 2 legs is very much real. I didn't think it could get any worse than with Dodds at the start of the season, but here we are now in that position for this event to take place.

Our game on Saturday will be the most important game in the club's history up to this point. Must win, a draw is not good enough.