"The ICT Thread - The Championship Years"

1 hour ago, Sortmeout said:

No chance.

You forgot to add that in the context of ICT, his remuneration has as much relevance as that negotiated by Greig McDonald.

45 minutes ago, Highland Capital said:

A season ticket in the Miller Suite?  Whereabouts in the stadium is that?

I think that refers to Norman Miller who famously wrote "here is no greater impotence in all the world like knowing you are right and that the wave of the world is wrong, yet the wave crashes upon you"

18 minutes ago, sophia said:

I think that refers to Norman Miller who famously wrote "here is no greater impotence in all the world like knowing you are right and that the wave of the world is wrong, yet the wave crashes upon you"

I wouldn't have thought so given that quote is by Norman Mailer who spelt and pronounced his name differently.

Edited by Highland Capital

15 hours ago, Stephen Malkmus said:

Do they think fans of The Caley don't have access to Google?

I would suggest by the general silence on club issues and lack of any negative criticism on platforms such as CTO suggest that either

a) most fans dont care,

b) not understanding of what is happening infront of them,

c) blinded sheep just happy to lap up whatever bowl of shite the club spout

https://ictfc.com/club-statement-panos-thomas-becomes-director-of-ictfc

The language below suggests he has been providing some support presumably as a 3rd party consultant - wonder how much went through that avenue. On paper, its an impressive CV Panos Thomas has irrespective of his history, therefore wouldn't be a cheap day rate that's for sure especially to a club with our limited finances, it'll be interesting what is offered as a package and incentives to change the status quo.

Panos has been a season ticket holder in the Miller Suite at Caledonian Stadium since 2012 and has been extremely helpful to the club, particularly in the last 12 months or so.

ICTFC Chairman Ross Morrison said on the appointment “We feel that Panos will bring a wide range of skills to the Board as well as to the football club. Living in the Highlands as he does, he has supported the club for a decade now and he understands what we are all about and where we want to go. I am particularly pleased to see him join us formally as he is an extremely dynamic and highly respected individual. Following on from the recent appointment of Graeme Bennett, the new skill sets and fresh points of view can only make us stronger as a club and I look forward to working with Panos.”

Edited by bdu98196

On 21/12/2022 at 21:05, Bigmouth Strikes Again said:

^^^^^^

Donald Findlay says Rangers are a 'new entity' which must ...

Thank you.

Yer man used to have a half share in the Sportsman Bar in the Far East Shopping Center in Singapore and Rangers memorabilia clarted on the walls, on his visit he used to do the quiz, not a great bar and full o greeting ex pat jocks greeting aboot hame, mind you there was a framed Caley shirt above the bar plus free mince and tatties on a Sunday.

9 minutes ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

He was - I listened to a bit of the programme and he referred to ICT as ‘we’ , ‘us’ all the time. Clearly still strong feelings for your club.

I would hope he has strong feelings towards us - we’re paying him a (reportedly!) hefty salary a year to find and sign utter shite 

1 hour ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

He was - I listened to a bit of the programme and he referred to ICT as ‘we’ , ‘us’ all the time. Clearly still strong feelings for your club.

Fuckin cheek of him, the club employs him as a 'Sporting Director' but it looks like he associates the job with greyhound racing, tennis, ice hockey etc etc etc,  definately not football.

The club needs to f**k him off along with Dodds and Gardiner, bunch of fuckin chancers.

You would think the director in charge of recruitment would be keen to fully understand which positions we may need to strengthen in the next transfer window, and would therefore actually watch our games given that that transfer window is due to open in a week.

22 minutes ago, Stephen Malkmus said:

You would think the director in charge of recruitment would be keen to fully understand which positions we may need to strengthen in the next transfer window, and would therefore actually watch our games given that that transfer window is due to open in a week.

Especially when his summer recruitment was complete shite.