"The ICT Thread - The Championship Years"

1 hour ago, NorthStand10 said:

Good to see Samuels confirm he was injured and not on strike as was suggested by a couple on here, whoever started that rumour should apologise immediately!

What do you think @Highland Capital or have you still got me on ignore for having a laugh and a joke at your scoops?

More seriously, I found it really curious that he would come back from a long term injury whilst having to rely on a strapping.

This, of course, gives the lie to idea that he was malingering and also suggests that he is desperate to do the best for his manager.

In other news, I was quite taken with the juxtaposition of two altercations at the end of the game.

Concurrent with Billy Dodds was giving DRoss a fearful dressing down for his innate incompetence there was the quite ludicrous spectacle of two of our young involving themselves with stewards. They reminded me of Beavis and Butthead as the glaikit one, sporting adolescent braces, looked on at his short legged Tasmanian Devil partner unleashing the most foul and wild eyed torrent of abuse. For their part, the stewards played them well and just waited until the final whistle signalled an end to their embarrassing invective.

20 minutes ago, NorthStand10 said:

Gardiner did explain how every single injury occurred on the podcast - unfortunately he didn’t provide return dates which caused issues and frustration. 

Not much use for all of the fans who don’t listen to it. It’s really not difficult to put something up on the website.

Do you know what's laughable about the lack of communication is that our Chairman put up a post on either Facebook or Twitter to someone claiming that they aren't very good at communicating or responding to his calls or something!! Well I have news for you Mr Morrison, us fans can say the exact same about you and our board so maybe now you know how we feel!!!!!

Anyway, let's see what tomorrow brings because Dudds thinks we have a chance just because it's away, well sir, we have lost to them away before so no reason why it can't happen tomorrow and hopefully that leads to change though with our incompetent board we'd probably need to lose 9-0 for that to happen! 

Ffs Craig Brewster and Richie Foran got sacked for a similar shit run of form!

12 hours ago, sophia said:

What do you think @Highland Capital or have you still got me on ignore for having a laugh and a joke at your scoops?

More seriously, I found it really curious that he would come back from a long term injury whilst having to rely on a strapping.

This, of course, gives the lie to idea that he was malingering and also suggests that he is desperate to do the best for his manager.

In other news, I was quite taken with the juxtaposition of two altercations at the end of the game.

Concurrent with Billy Dodds was giving DRoss a fearful dressing down for his innate incompetence there was the quite ludicrous spectacle of two of our young involving themselves with stewards. They reminded me of Beavis and Butthead as the glaikit one, sporting adolescent braces, looked on at his short legged Tasmanian Devil partner unleashing the most foul and wild eyed torrent of abuse. For their part, the stewards played them well and just waited until the final whistle signalled an end to their embarrassing invective.

HA...just remembered when Dudd was going mad at Mr Ross saying the ball was out of play and not getting a throw in. We were already losing 3-0 at this point a throw in wasn't going to help us at that point.

9 hours ago, Caley Shaun said:

Do you know what's laughable about the lack of communication is that our Chairman put up a post on either Facebook or Twitter to someone claiming that they aren't very good at communicating or responding to his calls or something!! Well I have news for you Mr Morrison, us fans can say the exact same about you and our board so maybe now you know how we feel!!!!!

Anyway, let's see what tomorrow brings because Dudds thinks we have a chance just because it's away, well sir, we have lost to them away before so no reason why it can't happen tomorrow and hopefully that leads to change though with our incompetent board we'd probably need to lose 9-0 for that to happen! 

Ffs Craig Brewster and Richie Foran got sacked for a similar shit run of form!

Get the shoes off tonight at Hamilton

10 hours ago, Caley Shaun said:

Richie Foran got sacked for a similar shit run of form!

What?

Richie Foran got sacked at the end of the season after we were relegated. Not sacking him earlier is why we are in this mess. Let’s hope we aren’t making a similar mistake again.

Just now, PB1994 said:

What?

Richie Foran got sacked at the end of the season after we were relegated. Not sacking him earlier is why we are in this mess. Let’s hope we aren’t making a similar mistake again.

Was it after we played Hamilton away he said we had bad apples in the dressing room or something along those lines?

14 minutes ago, Dennis_WYNESS said:

Was it after we played Hamilton away he said we had bad apples in the dressing room or something along those lines?

I think the bad apples comment was at the end of the season. He did absolutely throw the players under the bus against Hamilton though IIRC.

ETA: He said the players didn't have the bottle after Hamilton and the bad apples comment was at the end of the season.

Edited by RiG

15 minutes ago, Dennis_WYNESS said:

Was certainly around then the players downed tools and didn't give a shit about playing for him. Some may disagree but when you look at the run of form we had then suddenly we get post split and go on a winning run which was ultimately too little, too late to save us. Genuinely think there was an air of 'we down tools, he (RF) will be gone and we can kick on and stay up' but it never happened and that team was more than capable of remaining in that league.

I would question whether this season (or parts of it) is the same however people get offended by speculation so I wont.

Edited by bdu98196

13 hours ago, sophia said:

Concurrent with Billy Dodds was giving DRoss a fearful dressing down for his innate incompetence there was the quite ludicrous spectacle of two of our young involving themselves with stewards. 

After Ross checked the net and returned to the line the booing subsided and then I noted Harper running over to him and having a word just before the game started.

24 minutes ago, bdu98196 said:

Was certainly around then the players downed tools and didn't give a shit about playing for him. Some may disagree but when you look at the run of form we had then suddenly we get post split and go on a winning run which was ultimately too little, too late to save us. Genuinely think there was an air of 'we down tools, he (RF) will be gone and we can kick on and stay up' but it never happened and that team was more than capable of remaining in that league.

I would question whether this season (or parts of it) is the same however people get offended by speculation so I wont.

That run at the end of the season just happened to start when Maurice Malpas was brought back to the club. It’s almost as if we had a squad of players more than capable of staying in the division but those in charge were utterly incompetent.

27 minutes ago, RiG said:

I think the bad apples comment was at the end of the season. He did absolutely throw the players under the bus against Hamilton though IIRC.

ETA: He said the players didn't have the bottle after Hamilton and the bad apples comment was at the end of the season.

Some of those comments from Foran after the Hamilton game are wild. 31st January sitting bottom of the table and he is talking about forgetting finishing in the top 6. I can’t remember what the points gap was and it might not have been that big but I don’t think anybody was thinking about top 6 since about October. It was all about trying to stay up. Which I think we would have done if the board had the bottle to admit they had made a mistake in appointing Foran.

1 hour ago, PB1994 said:

That run at the end of the season just happened to start when Maurice Malpas was brought back to the club. It’s almost as if we had a squad of players more than capable of staying in the division but those in charge were utterly incompetent.

We brought Malpas back in the relegation season? 😂 I have no recollection of this whatsoever 

11 minutes ago, Central Belt Caley said:

We brought Malpas back in the relegation season? 😂 I have no recollection of this whatsoever 

Came back for the last 10 or so games I think it was. Not sure what title he was given but it was as assistant or coach.

3 hours ago, PB1994 said:

And I believe Foran didn't involve him or take his advice 

17 hours ago, NorthStand10 said:

Gardiner did explain how every single injury occurred on the podcast - unfortunately he didn’t provide return dates which caused issues and frustration. 

Tbf we did see most of them happen? I get why they don't do short term updates but Walsh for example has been absent since Partick away in the play offs. An update on long term injuries such as this surely wouldn't hurt?