"The ICT Thread - The Championship Years"

3 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

I’ll admit I’ve been a bit surprised that Imrie hasn’t even been mentioned for the Motherwell job. Maybe seen as too much of a risk just now but given Murray’s name has been put about I’d have thought someone would’ve brought it up. 

I was quite shocked to see Murray linked to that job. I wouldn’t have said he has done much at Raith that would say he has done a very good job there.

Just now, SandyCromarty said:

I put my contribution for the roof into a bucket yesterday as I would think many others did.

But tbh it is a poor show by the club that the fans are contributing.

Nah, the club shouldn’t be chucking thousands of pounds we don’t have at a roof when half of the north stand is sitting empty.

I’ll not be contributing. Section 94 themselves claim that their aim is to create an atmosphere. If they want to do that effectively then move to the North or Main Stands. It’s not like there isn’t room for them.  Why don’t the club do something to improve the view for disabled people and wheelchair users? What they get served up is dreadful. The facilities generally for fans are rubbish and they need sorting out long before this roof is even discussed. 

Edited by Highland Capital

On 18/02/2023 at 18:58, Central Belt Caley said:

Resigned to Dodds being here til the end of the season now. We can’t afford to sack him imo and if I was a betting man I’d put money on him getting his contract renewed. Gardiner et al haven’t cared what the fans think upto now so why would they start? 

We desperately need a good summer transfer window as if its similar to the summer window we just had we’ll be friar tucked. 

If it's any consolation we might not be able to afford Dodds come contract negotiation time. He'd get more money as an assistant manager at Aberdeen than remain here to possibly end up with the same pay and conditions as before or a have a pay cut.

23 minutes ago, approximately dave said:

If it's any consolation we might not be able to afford Dodds come contract negotiation time. He'd get more money as an assistant manager at Aberdeen than remain here to possibly end up with the same pay and conditions as before or a have a pay cut.

It's arguable whether we can currently afford 6 figure salaries for both a manager & DoF yet the board manage to find the cash for their 'pals' anyways. Really not  sure why anyone thinks Dodds stock is high enough he would get another job bigger than where he is or clubs will be fighting to appoint him even as an assistant - he will accept an extended offer he gets from us with open arms (where else would he go?). Don't think there's going to be a single genuine Aberdeen manager out there thinking 'can't wait to get this gig and bring in some Dodds-ball'

33 minutes ago, bdu98196 said:

It's arguable whether we can currently afford 6 figure salaries for both a manager & DoF yet the board manage to find the cash for their 'pals' anyways. Really not  sure why anyone thinks Dodds stock is high enough he would get another job bigger than where he is or clubs will be fighting to appoint him even as an assistant - he will accept an extended offer he gets from us with open arms (where else would he go?). Don't think there's going to be a single genuine Aberdeen manager out there thinking 'can't wait to get this gig and bring in some Dodds-ball'

If you have a sense of humour you can.

I would like to think Aberdeen would welcome Dodds onboard, but maybe not as head coach. I haven't even mentioned St. Johnstone yet as another possible destination for our 'talented' HC in the future, he's managed so far to keep us out of the Championship relegation zone, maybe he can do the same for them in the big league. :rolleyes:

If you dislike him so much, wouldn't you want Dodds to leave instead of accepting defeat that he will still stay for another couple of years?

29 minutes ago, approximately dave said:

If you dislike him so much, wouldn't you want Dodds to leave instead of accepting defeat that he will still stay for another couple of years?

This ain't championship manager, its real world. If the board offers a new contract its inevitable dodds will sign, that's not defeatist, its being realistic.

Unless you have the means to oust the board and willing reliable members to take control of the club then unfortunately it will be run how a minority see fit with all the nepotism we have become accustomed to at play.

7 minutes ago, bdu98196 said:

This ain't championship manager, its real world. If the board offers a new contract its inevitable dodds will sign, that's not defeatist, its being realistic.

Unless you have the means to oust the board and willing reliable members to take control of the club then unfortunately it will be run how a minority see fit with all the nepotism we have become accustomed to at play.

Nope, the way I see it is its not a done deal until the contract is agreed and signed, that's realistic not assumption that he will or will not. But does no harm to guess, that's why we are here, on a football forum, second guessing people who know much much more than we do about the subject.

Never give up m8.

I may be over estimating our board etc here but surely there is no way they think offering Dodds a new contract is a good idea? The aim for the last two seasons has been to get promoted which we have failed at with mostly terrible performances on the pitch.

The only worry I have is if we beat Killie in the cup, get drawn against Falkirk/Ayr and a run to the cup final is deemed worthy of keeping him in a job.

41 minutes ago, PB1994 said:

I may be over estimating our board etc here but surely there is no way they think offering Dodds a new contract is a good idea?

History suggests senior board members do not always make good or even decisions that are popular with fans.

John Brown, right, with Scot Gardiner

I think sacking Dodds now would be a wise decision. Appoint someone internal (Kellacher, Robbo, Wilson, etc.) until the end of the season when you can afford a replacement. In the meantime, do a proper search for the next manager.

The teams who have done something akin to this recently (Aberdeen, Partick, Motherwell) have all done alright under a temporary boss so far. I doubt we would do any worse than we’re doing right now. This season is a write-off so unless we get relegated it’s no harm done!

would also win the board a little bit of credibility with the fans for having acknowledged the situation and taken action. 

2 hours ago, Juanjo Nostalgia said:

I think sacking Dodds now would be a wise decision. Appoint someone internal (Kellacher, Robbo, Wilson, etc.) until the end of the season when you can afford a replacement. In the meantime, do a proper search for the next manager.

The teams who have done something akin to this recently (Aberdeen, Partick, Motherwell) have all done alright under a temporary boss so far. I doubt we would do any worse than we’re doing right now. This season is a write-off so unless we get relegated it’s no harm done!

would also win the board a little bit of credibility with the fans for having acknowledged the situation and taken action. 

Not Robbo.

Charlie Christie for me till end of season. Man who loves the club and knows what it means to the fans. Got a lot of football knowledge 

21 minutes ago, NorthStand10 said:

Good to see Samuels confirm he was injured and not on strike as was suggested by a couple on here, whoever started that rumour should apologise immediately!

Maybe if the club actually communicated on long term injuries rumours wouldn't start? Just a thought 

45 minutes ago, lochnesscaley said:

Maybe if the club actually communicated on long term injuries rumours wouldn't start? Just a thought 

Gardiner did explain how every single injury occurred on the podcast - unfortunately he didn’t provide return dates which caused issues and frustration. 

Edited by NorthStand10