"The ICT Thread - The Championship Years"

1 hour ago, bdu98196 said:

I'm confused. Are we now officially back?

I don't want to piss on the parade but the majority of our team today also played in the 5 - 1 Partick Thistle drubbing in Dec.

So what was going on then?

Ridgers? who pulled off a class save in the first half.

42 minutes ago, SandyCromarty said:

I don't want to piss on the parade but the majority of our team today also played in the 5 - 1 Partick Thistle drubbing in Dec.

Only 5 of todays 11 started against Partick, so not a majority. The difference is we had a far larger squad today, but more importantly, substantially more quality. 

1 hour ago, SandyCromarty said:

Oh, I think you do.

Harking back 

Such was the furore over the manager of the month award on here, there was nary a mention, far less any celebration of Billy Mckay's player of the month award. He really is a great professional who never gives up, even when times are tough. Times weren't tough today, far from it, times are rather good.

On 09/02/2023 at 23:22, scottbamby said:

I work every second weekend, so go to pretty much every second game (unless I’m on nightshift which means I can still go) - I live in Aberdeen so every game (bar Cove away!) is an away day.

This season is the first time in my life there have been several weekends I’ve just decided not to go. 

Think that says enough about the numbing effect of #Doddsball 

Ladies and gentlemen, I’m delighted to report that Caley Thistle are at it again

7 minutes ago, bdu98196 said:

Anyone think kane hester is worth a look. Not sure boyd offers much and Samuel's seems a perma-crock, it's clear we need someone not just to challenge but as a successor to Billy. Clearly looks like a guy who knows his way to goal.

I’m sure we were linked with him last summer but nothing ever came of it.

He would be cheap and if he could produce similar sort of performances to Sutherland the it’s certainly worth a punt.

2 minutes ago, Shibuya said:

Sorry if this has been discussed already but was looking to see what you guys made of McAlear? He's only played twice for Ayr but the game has passed him by both times. Where's his best position?

I think he’s best playing in behind the striker. He was one of those players, for us, that did go 4 or so games without really doing much then he would have a stormer of a game. When he is on it he is very good but other times he goes missing.

I would have still taken him back though.

23 minutes ago, bdu98196 said:

Anyone think kane hester is worth a look. Not sure boyd offers much and Samuel's seems a perma-crock, it's clear we need someone not just to challenge but as a successor to Billy. Clearly looks like a guy who knows his way to goal.

Dodds postmatch interview mentions aussie samuels close to return too... 

24 minutes ago, Shibuya said:

Sorry if this has been discussed already but was looking to see what you guys made of McAlear? He's only played twice for Ayr but the game has passed him by both times. Where's his best position?

On free kicks. As I said in the Ayr thread after he signed, he's bang average other than that.

35 minutes ago, bdu98196 said:

I think Hester still has a court case hanging over him (Allegations around betting) and I’m fairly sure he signed a new deal at Elgin recently so might not be cheap and I don’t think we’re in a position to be offering cash for players 

12 minutes ago, Central Belt Caley said:

I think Hester still has a court case hanging over him (Allegations around betting) and I’m fairly sure he signed a new deal at Elgin recently so might not be cheap and I don’t think we’re in a position to be offering cash for players 

Aye you’re right. I was meaning cheaper in wages as I assumed he’d be out of contract at the end of the season.

2 hours ago, Central Belt Caley said:

He does still have the court case, and I believe his recent contract extension included a very hefty buy out clause. Think they offered a good sign on fee, but he's now effectively trapped at Elgin.

18 hours ago, NorthStand10 said:

Only 5 of todays 11 started against Partick, so not a majority. The difference is we had a far larger squad today, but more importantly, substantially more quality. 

Were you at the game?

Check who actually played in both games.

The same 8 players played in the Partick game and yesterday.

Edited by SandyCromarty

1 hour ago, SandyCromarty said:

Were you at the game?

“Only 5 of todays 11 started against Partick, so not a majority. The difference is we had a far larger squad today, but more importantly, substantially more quality”

Sandy please don’t embarrass yourself by trying to argue yesterday’s starting 11 wasn’t stronger than against PT

5 hours ago, SandyCromarty said:

Were you at the game?

Player of the month 

Manager of the month 

Quarter final of the Scottish Cup 

Best performance of the season 

Big players returning from injury 

Our striker scoring great goals 

Allardice being Allardice (I love him) 

Unbeaten this year 

And all you have is "aye but"?