"The ICT Thread - The Championship Years"

1 hour ago, RiG said:

That statement is piss poor. I thought we were a shambles off the pitch with some utter charlatans kicking about. Seems Queens Park are even worse. 

This post of yours in the Queen's Park thread is quite the thing.

If only there was a podcast that could reflect this particular point of view.

3 minutes ago, bdu98196 said:

And yet still in play-off contention. This league is shite quality. 

Play-off contention wasn’t the aim at the start of the season. Being in a battle for fourth place shouldn’t be seen as a positive.

Agreed. But with our form we shouldn't even be battling 4th.

Stated many times in a league this weak we should be looking to win it. This season Dundee came down and are poor, I doubt next year a DUtd, County or Motherwell will be so lightweight.

If we can only get a draw against a team that were beaten by Arbroath and Hamilton in January what realistic chance would have in a play off game.

Dodds and Robertson will be away this summer and then with a new manager next season we can hopefully get back to winning.

Individual errors have cost us dearly recently, injuries have been a relevant excuse and still are to an extent. However, the awful stuff we’re playing mostly has to come down to the coaching staff imo.

We play the same formation every week, which would be understandable had we been winning, but we haven’t. I can’t remember the last time our midfield pairing dominated a match - why not try 3 in there and get a grip of it for once?

The lack of movement while attacking is concerning, we seem stuck in our set positions, the opposite of Queens Parks fluid rotations. It’s easy to defend against.

The most worrying is the long balls (or failure to see they don’t work.) Doran and McKay can’t hold it up nor cause problems in behind with their lack of pace and height, but we repeatedly do it. It only became slightly effective today when Dan Mackay moved centrally. Until players return that can play that style, the coaching staff must be willing to change.

Edited by NorthStand10

2 hours ago, SandyCromarty said:

If we can only get a draw against a team that were beaten by Arbroath and Hamilton in January what realistic chance would have in a play off game.

Dodds and Robertson will be away this summer and then with a new manager next season we can hopefully get back to winning.

^^^ utterly delusional 

If you can't see your spiral into banter years territory from this close range then you get the nick of a club that you deserve tbh. 

You're Hamilton +24 months at a push. 

1 hour ago, NorthStand10 said:

Individual errors have cost us dearly recently, injuries have been a relevant excuse and still are to an extent. However, the awful stuff we’re playing mostly has to come down to the coaching staff imo.

We play the same formation every week, which would be understandable had we been winning, but we haven’t. I can’t remember the last time our midfield pairing dominated a match - why not try 3 in there and get a grip of it for once?

The lack of movement while attacking is concerning, we seem stuck in our set positions, the opposite of Queens Parks fluid rotations. It’s easy to defend against.

The most worrying is the long balls (or failure to see they don’t work.) Doran and McKay can’t hold it up nor cause problems in behind with their lack of pace and height, but we repeatedly do it. It only became slightly effective today when Dan Mackay moved centrally. Until players return that can play that style, the coaching staff must be willing to change.

This struck me today.

It seemed to me that too many are playing with a confidence level that hindered rather than was releasing.

I wouldn't know the root cause so I'll leave that up to Mr Dodds to identify.

1 hour ago, sophia said:

but looking on the bright side, two wins and three draws over the last five games is form that is hard to beat over the course of a whole season

The issue with that is that we haven’t been producing that form over the course of a whole season.

6 minutes ago, PB1994 said:

The issue with that is that we haven’t been producing that form over the course of a whole season.

and the issue with the @RiG's weary Willie statistic is that we're now dealing with what we can control not the increasingly injured past.

What seems to me to be the case is that we have the possibility, evidenced by recent results, of increasingly better times so perhaps the time for judgement isn't right here, right now.

11 hours ago, SandyCromarty said:

Geez I hope so... 

If they're not I suspect record low ST sales 

Nice to have a young player built like an adult who can play in this league of jobbers and clogged. Shame that is a key asset but given how easily many of our players were pushed aside by the Morton team, it's an indication of the level of this football unfortunately.

Gone are the days of raven, Tremarco, Warren, meetings, draper, Tansley, Mann, dodds, tokely etc etc who could hold their own physically.