"The ICT Thread - The Championship Years"

11 minutes ago, ExiledLichtie said:

"Splurge"?  Really?  

Anything more than £0 on Jim McIntyre is an obscene amount of money so; splurge? Yes.

I'd like to take this opportunity to thank you for once again bringing Dundee Football Club up in a strange, nigh on fixated way and thoroughly lament your commitment to the gift but if you could just for a few days try and not derail every single topic, with your every single post about the Derry I feel the forum would greatly appreciate that.

Farewell for now.

3 minutes ago, Central Belt Caley said:

Never been to Montrose, what’s it like? 

Whatever it is like it’s certainly not going to be fun on Tuesday.

5 minutes ago, Savage Henry said:

Oh boy.  The playoffs are horrible.  Absolutely no good can possibly come of them at all. 

This is untrue. County can let Partick have a three-goal head start this time and then burst them again. That was great fun.

5 minutes ago, Central Belt Caley said:

Cleaner air and classier natives than that shithole 13 miles down the A92 you've had the misfortune to visit of late, natch.

9 minutes ago, PB1994 said:

Whatever it is like it’s certainly not going to be fun on Tuesday.

Definitely not, screaming abuse at Gardyne will be fun though 

6 minutes ago, Scorge said:

Cleaner air and classier natives than that shithole 13 miles down the A92 you've had the misfortune to visit of late, natch.

They do have cracking pies at Gayfield though 

On the other hand, at least relegation would mean that only 10% (rather than 20%) of the league's managers next season will have spent time at Her Majesty's leisure.

25 minutes ago, Central Belt Caley said:

I took in one of their play off games a couple of seasons ago and I must say I thought it was pretty nice. Got some good grub post game as well.

A bonus of the ground itself is that you can still see the match from the pie queue, which you can never complain about.

So here we are fighting for survival in the Championship as one of the most successful teams (outside the OF) over the last 29 years.

It will be a slog but I'm sure we will endure and continue on our illustrious journey.

33 minutes ago, Central Belt Caley said:

Been down twice, just down the other week for the Hamilton game. 

good choice of bars on route to the ground, The picture House, The Market Arms and Albert on route to the ground. You’ve got the British legion next the ground cash only though. The hotel further up a bit was decent under a tenner for two pints which I didn’t expect coming from Aberdeen bars and hotels.

The ground is better than I expected. Imagine you’ll be housed in the main stand away side. Decent view and quite a good stand for a league 1 ground 

44 minutes ago, Central Belt Caley said:

Only been once but there was a man who was rather upset at being pulled out of the water by emergency services.

Make of that what you will.

51 minutes ago, Central Belt Caley said:

Last time I was at Links Parks was probably the thick end of 40 years ago. I enjoyed it as we won, hope you lot get pumped.

23 minutes ago, SandyCromarty said:

So here we are fighting for survival in the Championship as one of the most successful teams (outside the OF) over the last 29 years.

It will be a slog but I'm sure we will endure and continue on our illustrious journey.

To relative oblivion, along with Ross County hopefully.

38 minutes ago, SandyCromarty said:

One of the 29 most successful teams maybe 

4 minutes ago, Velvet Donkey said:

All the best to ICT in the playoffs. It's good to have a strong non-Old Firm football following in the Highlands.  Cant get excited about trips to Hamilton or Alloa.

The ground has a KFC and a big Asda at it!

24 minutes ago, Velvet Donkey said:

I'm undecided now.

We have both too!! Okay, maybe not next to the ground but don’t write us off just yet.