"The ICT Thread - The Championship Years"

2 hours ago, SandyCromarty said:

Maybe the reason that Imrie applied for the job at ICT once he heard the salary being offered.

Certainly casts that rumour in a different light... I'd have applied if I knew the money was that far out into la-la-land...

1 hour ago, TheScarf said:

No, they're not. Someone else is. 

Still spunking money that could have been spent on... well, maybe on not being quite as shite as you are.

Up to now, I've been a confirmed supporter of Queen's Park disappearing out of our sight never to return... who knew there was a more deserving case, eh?

Just say you're embarrassed and we'll let it go...

1 hour ago, Stephen Malkmus said:

We should just have offered Dougie Imrie 2.5k. He would've snaffled it up like a dog eating hot chips.

Fkn right he would...

That would have got you promotion play-offs for half the cost of the relegation play-offs; congratulations once again to the gang of fkn morons who appear to be 'running' your club.

As above, just say you're embarrassed and we'll let it go...

Posted (edited)
7 hours ago, The Ghost of B A R P said:

Five grand a week, apparently... 🤣

Who else pays that in Scotland? (Clue: fingers of one hand...)

Morton during the Rae the Elder era - possibly?

Since achieving fan ownership (congrats btw) some Morton fans have taken to scrutinizing other clubs finances like reformed addicts.

Edited by btb

5 hours ago, btb said:

Morton during the Rae the Elder era.

Since achieving fan ownership (congrats btw) some Morton fans have taken to scrutinizing other clubs finances like reformed addicts.

No one disputes that Morton were paying stupid money throughout the Rae era, but £5K a week is very much [citation needed].

6 hours ago, The Ghost of B A R P said:

Fkn right he would...

That would have got you promotion play-offs for half the cost of the relegation play-offs; congratulations once again to the gang of fkn morons who appear to be 'running' your club.

As above, just say you're embarrassed and we'll let it go...

What the utter fuck are you talking about?

6 hours ago, ExiledLichtie said:

Why would Imrie be interested in ICT?  Surely he can do better?

You should ask him, given he applied and was interviewed,

Posted (edited)

Another fabulous decision from our idiot board and CEO. We deserve everything we get for taking Ferguson on at £5,000 a week. Shame that "generous" person couldn't have paid an Imrie or whoever £2,000 a week then plunged the other £3,000 into the playing budget.

Edited by RiG

I find it hard to believe but in retrospect I couldn't really blame Dougie for going for the ICT job if the rumours are indeed true. He'd done a grand job last season but was very open about being let down with the budget and subsequently sitting bottom of the league. If that's you and you're offered anywhere near that sort of money with a far bigger budget you'd jump at it. No doubt in my mind that Inverness would be no where near where they are if Dougie was appointed either, so cheers to the ICT board 👍

All this talk of Morton paying big bucks takes me back.  The Chris Templeton fee that went up and up every time it was mentioned, I'm sure about a year after he signed people would claim he was about the European record transfer fee.

16 minutes ago, Ferguson said:

I find it hard to believe but in retrospect I couldn't really blame Dougie for going for the ICT job if the rumours are indeed true. He'd done a grand job last season but was very open about being let down with the budget and subsequently sitting bottom of the league. If that's you and you're offered anywhere near that sort of money with a far bigger budget you'd jump at it. No doubt in my mind that Inverness would be no where near where they are if Dougie was appointed either, so cheers to the ICT board 👍

Apparently he's still very well thought of up here as a couple of board members who were here when he played for us have returned to the fold and were keen on appointing him but our esteemed chairman and CEO wanted the headlines so went with Ferguson.

24 minutes ago, RiG said:

Another fabulous decision from our idiot board and CEO. We deserve everything we get for taking Ferguson on at £5,000 a week. Shame that "generous" person couldn't have paid an Imrie or whoever £2,000 a week then plunged the other £3,000 into the playing budget.

Probably the Ferguson hard buy was touted by Gardiner.

Anybody walking by the stadium with a Rangers top on could be offered a job.

If Dunc is being paid handsomely and not from the club coffers, then can we summise he was given the role based on connections that allow for the Jan recruitment bringing in players who we probably pay little or nothing for and cutting costs elsewhere. The fact its heavily skewed to defenders may point that this was all of what is on offer with minimal outlay towards parent clubs.

From the above comments the finances of the club are disassociated form those paying the manager it should be assumed any source paying Dunc directly must be getting returns elsewhere through alternate ventures that justify those costs or means to write them off. Which again probably isn't an avenue open to the club, so its possibly not a simple as saying that source should give the club £5k pw as it may not be offset/feasible.

First point of order post season should be restructuring of the club costs though looking at the top down where optimisations can be brought in - we have a lot of directors/board members/senior management beyond requirements at this level where it can be argued minimal return for their positions.

8 hours ago, btb said:

Morton during the Rae the Elder era - possibly?

Old Dougie was a bit mental, sure... but not that mental. And pardon me, but 'scrutiny' isn't quite what's going on here.

1 hour ago, RiG said:

Is the correct answer.

This isn't just a case of a club 'paying a bit' (Thomas at QP or Scott Allan at Arbroath kinda scenario)... this is off the fkn scale.

1 hour ago, Alert Mongoose said:

Ferguson is reputed to be on for a £450k bonus if he keeps you up, according to my sources. No idea where that money is coming from though.

If true it's  insane. Given his first game i/c was still in September surely ICT should still have been looking for the promotion play-offs. This season has been a failure by any measure. You even lost 3 times to Raith!

That figure must surely be if The Caley got promotion this season.  That amount of money cant be far off our season ticket income this season.

Unless of course everything was dependent on the battery farm money.