"The ICT Thread - The Championship Years"

6 hours ago, approximately dave said:

Just a wee reminder

Next accounts made up to 31 May 2022
due by 28 February 2023

https://find-and-update.company-information.service.gov.uk/company/SC149117

That asset loss in one year of £248,000, mainly from the Bank and cash in hand, must be a concern.

Wonder what the assets will show on the 21-22 accounts.

In his post match BBC interview Dodds finally agreeing with what the fans have known for the season as he said, "it was a hard watch".

Well Dodds yes it is a hard watch game after game, the difference is you get paid to watch it and we pay to watch.

No injuries excuse from him this week.

Saturday was a terrible watch. No real game plan or idea how we want to play then get bailed out by moments of individual quality. Sort of sums up Dodds reign for me. 

Also think it’s gone under the radar how good Billy McKay has been this year. Relegation fodder without him. 

2 hours ago, SandyCromarty said:

In his post match BBC interview Dodds finally agreeing with what the fans have known for the season as he said, "it was a hard watch".

Well Dodds yes it is a hard watch game after game, the difference is you get paid to watch it and we pay to watch.

No injuries excuse from him this week.

TBH I thought the result & performance (excluding individual errors)  was actually better than some stuff this season. Would also suggest the driving rain and wind did little to help either. Strangely finding myself at odds with a comment made by Dodds yet again.

1 minute ago, bdu98196 said:

TBH I thought the result & performance (excluding individual errors)  was actually better than some stuff this season. Would also suggest the driving rain and wind did little to help either. Strangely finding myself at odds with a comment made by Dodds yet again.

This is, unlike @TDog's remarks, is fair comment.

I was a little surprised by Dodds' after match comments where he was quite explicit in citing the players for not carrying out his game plan. 

Either they didn't and that on top of the errors is concerning or else he was lying and that is personally catastrophic for him.

I thought Ridgers' recent comments in the quite excellent podcast were illuminating. 

Blaming the boss for your own shortcomings is as common as it is ridiculous and the fact that the playing staff had to give themselves a shake is indicative of a previously poor attitude. I'm glad that those that might've contributed to such militancy are either changed, gone or going. 

One thing I’ve noticed that’s really lacking this season is there’s no big driver on the park. In the past we’ve had people like Foran, Tokely, Warren, Mann etc yet there’s nobody like that now.  Perhaps last season we had Broadfoot filling that role a bit but there’s no-one like that in the squad really now. 

Edited by Highland Capital

7 hours ago, Highland Capital said:

One thing I’ve noticed that’s really lacking this season is there’s no big driver on the park. In the past we’ve had people like Foran, Tokely, Warren, Mann etc yet there’s nobody like that now.  Perhaps last season we had Broadfoot filling that role a bit but there’s no-one like that in the squad really now. 

I feel like Broadfoot maybe wasn't appreciated enough by some fans. yes he did make a couple of cockups during his time with us but for the most part he was pretty solid and reliable and, as you say, he was a good leader for the rest of the younger guys.

1 hour ago, RiG said:

I feel like Broadfoot maybe wasn't appreciated enough by some fans. yes he did make a couple of cockups during his time with us but for the most part he was pretty solid and reliable and, as you say, he was a good leader for the rest of the younger guys.

Not that I disagree with anything you have said but based on how last season had gone up until this point and this season, have the results not been pretty similar. Very good start to last season then a collapse and this season while the start was nowhere near as good it has followed a similar pattern. I don’t see us picking up results to get into the playoffs this year though. Maybe Broadfoot did play a big part in that end of the season run though.

8 hours ago, Highland Capital said:

Have to agree with this, would also say we’re badly lacking a horrible b*****d in midfield imo, Foran, Draper, Black etc all players that other teams fans hated who could be dirty but also play a bit too.

I always thought Carson was future captain material but recently I’ve not been so sure. 

20 minutes ago, Central Belt Caley said:

Have to agree with this, would also say we’re badly lacking a horrible b*****d in midfield imo, Foran, Draper, Black etc all players that other teams fans hated who could be dirty but also play a bit too.

I always thought Carson was future captain material but recently I’ve not been so sure. 

Maybe overly optimistic but I think Allardice has this in him. Good at breaking up play and going forward. If only he could get a prolonged spell without an injury!

1 hour ago, PB1994 said:

Not that I disagree with anything you have said but based on how last season had gone up until this point and this season, have the results not been pretty similar. Very good start to last season then a collapse and this season while the start was nowhere near as good it has followed a similar pattern. I don’t see us picking up results to get into the playoffs this year though. Maybe Broadfoot did play a big part in that end of the season run though.

Yeah there certainly seems to be similarities in terms of the run of form and it seems to have started around (roughly) the same time of the campaign with a drop off starting around October time. This season the injuries have been worse than last (though perhaps I am misremembering) but I feel like one thing that feels constant is the route one approach we employ a lot of the time and a general lack of creativity / attacking threat for a lot of our games. 

Edited by RiG

1 hour ago, Central Belt Caley said:

Our failure to get a RB, has resulted us using Carson in a less effective role IMO. He has the attributes where he could be a solid ball winner in midfield but feel that he's been out of that role for so long with us he's dropped in effectiveness when on odd occasion he is thrown back in. An Allardice/Carson CM partnership could be much more effective than are seeing when other teams just seem to dominate us in that area on a weekly basis.

50 minutes ago, RiG said:

Yeah there certainly seems to be similarities in terms of the run of form and it seems to have started around (roughly) the same time of the campaign with a drop off starting around October time. This season the injuries have been worse than last (though perhaps I am misremembering) but I feel like one thing that feels constant is the route one approach we employ a lot of the time and a general lack of creativity / attacking threat for a lot of our games. 

We rank 16th with 18% of our passes being long balls (25 meters or more.) Ayr rank 40th with 23%.

Clearly works fine for Ayr but it’s evident to almost all of us, excluding the players and coaches apparently, that it does not work for us.

2 hours ago, RiG said:

I feel like Broadfoot maybe wasn't appreciated enough by some fans.

Totally off topic, but he owns/manages the amusement arcade in Largs where I won a Mitre football in a claw grab machine during the summer. Decent guy and was happy to have a wee chat.

1 minute ago, NorthStand10 said:

We rank 16th with 18% of our passes being long balls (25 meters or more.)

Is that the accuracy rate or number of attempted passes - as I'm sure there are games where it feels like about 50-70% of the balls played are hoofed upfield more in hope with little accuracy or prospect of being won?

2 minutes ago, bdu98196 said:

Is that the accuracy rate or number of attempted passes - as I'm sure there are games where it feels like about 50-70% of the balls played are hoofed upfield more in hope with little accuracy or prospect of being won?

I think it’s attempted long passes and aye most of the time we’re just launching them in the general direction of Billy McKay

3 minutes ago, bdu98196 said:

Our failure to get a RB, has resulted us using Carson in a less effective role IMO. He has the attributes where he could be a solid ball winner in midfield but feel that he's been out of that role for so long with us he's dropped in effectiveness when on odd occasion he is thrown back in. An Allardice/Carson CM partnership could be much more effective than are seeing when other teams just seem to dominate us in that area on a weekly basis.

According to Gardiner we’ve not failed in signing a right back as that’s where Duffy was signed to play…. Would love to see an Allardice/Carson partnership given a run of games, would involve actually signing a right back though. 

11 minutes ago, NorthStand10 said:

We rank 16th with 18% of our passes being long balls (25 meters or more.) Ayr rank 40th with 23%.

Clearly works fine for Ayr but it’s evident to almost all of us, excluding the players and coaches apparently, that it does not work for us.

Worth noting that Ayr have Akinyemi up front who is massive, whereas Billy Mckay is not. 

40 minutes ago, NorthStand10 said:

Mckay is good at holding the ball up but would struggle in the air compared to Akinyemi I guess?

On a side note where did you get that stat from? :geek

Edited by RiG