"The ICT Thread - The Championship Years"

1 hour ago, bdu98196 said:
  • Scot Gardiners pal (Dundeeold boys club)
  • Made play-off finals last year
  • Significant injury crisis cited this season - which I'm sure will be seen as a success if we make play-offs again (papers over the cracks IMO)
  • MOTM awards - demonstrates that Dodds & team can perform well

I don't agree Dodds should get another deal BTW, however looking at the circumstances I wouldn't be surprised at all

I’d still be very surprised if he was offered a new deal. The only way is if we get promoted and that isn’t happening.

He would have been offered a new deal by now I reckon. Or by the end of this month to be able to plan for next season. I can’t recall us letting a manager, we wanted to keep, run his contract down to only a few months left on it. I may be wrong on that though.

I am firmly in the Dodds Out camp but I’ve seen a lot of people since the turn of the year who, while not wanting him to be sacked, don’t think he should be with us after the end of this season. The club would be taking a hell of a risk going against fan opinion on this.

3 hours ago, SandyCromarty said:

One poster, against the majority however, repeatedly claims that we are doing well, take out of it as you see it but for me his attempt at petty controversy indicates an uneducated maliciousness to gain some schoolboy type upper hand to create friction by avoiding the reality.

Oh Sandy.

If you claim a majority and that is a big if, then clearly there has to be a minority. Unless that minority is limited to one, then the rest of your piece rather falls apart.

This is a place for debate and if that is something you seek to stifle then that's not such a good thing is it? 

I'll give you this, despite the dispiriting negativity that is easy to convey online, the football on show has been for too much of the time "a hard watch" and that's not something that is sustainable.

However, we all can surely understand what the cause and effect was of last season's slump but to be 45 minutes away from our objective following exhilarating play off displays was commendable. Having said that and in the course of the season with the notable exception when we played Partick Thistle off the park, there was too much that was dull.

This season has been a struggle and we, in our heart of hearts, know why and for me the proof of whether Dodds is a pudding is between now and season's end. I'm sure he knows this and if my vision of a positive reality is misplaced then there will be a new manager to support.

Also did @Caley Shaun really say that he can't attend games because of work and even if he could he would rather watch rugby?

Baseball Whatever GIF

42 minutes ago, sophia said:

Oh Sandy.

If you claim a majority and that is a big if, then clearly there has to be a minority. Unless that minority is limited to one, then the rest of your piece rather falls apart.

This is a place for debate and if that is something you seek to stifle then that's not such a good thing is it? 

I'll give you this, despite the dispiriting negativity that is easy to convey online, the football on show has been for too much of the time "a hard watch" and that's not something that is sustainable.

However, we all can surely understand what the cause and effect was of last season's slump but to be 45 minutes away from our objective following exhilarating play off displays was commendable. Having said that and in the course of the season with the notable exception when we played Partick Thistle off the park, there was too much that was dull.

This season has been a struggle and we, in our heart of hearts, know why and for me the proof of whether Dodds is a pudding is between now and season's end. I'm sure he knows this and if my vision of a positive reality is misplaced then there will be a new manager to support.

Also did @Caley Shaun really say that he can't attend games because of work and even if he could he would rather watch rugby?

Baseball Whatever GIF

At the risk of being a total pedant but with 45 mins to go in the playoff final second leg the score was 2-2. We wouldn’t have achieved anything with that?

6 hours ago, PB1994 said:

At the risk of being a total pedant but with 45 mins to go in the playoff final second leg the score was 2-2. We wouldn’t have achieved anything with that?

Also worth remembering we found ourselves 2-0 down 45 minutes into the playoff final thanks to a tactical disasterclass.  

7 hours ago, sophia said:

Oh Sandy.

Baseball Whatever GIF

I think if you’re being honest Sophia, it’s pretty obvious it’s a strong majority who don’t think he’s the man for the job at this point. The evidence is becoming somewhat irrefutable.

That said, barring a total disaster he’s going to be here until the end of the season so we all ought to get behind the boys and hope Dodds goes on to prove us wrong. 

21 minutes ago, scottbamby said:

That said, barring a total disaster he’s going to be here until the end of the season so we all ought to get behind the boys and hope Dodds goes on to prove us wrong. 

If it goes too well then it'll only provide greater justification for his staying though. Not suggesting we don't support the team, because we all want them to be successful and we want to win, but everyone needs to consider the bigger consequences!!!!

57 minutes ago, bdu98196 said:

If it goes too well then it'll only provide greater justification for his staying though. Not suggesting we don't support the team, because we all want them to be successful and we want to win, but everyone needs to consider the bigger consequences!!!!

There’s almost no chance of it happening imo but if we did somehow gain promotion in the play-offs that would make for an interesting situation, would even the biggest anti Dodds supporters change their minds? Surely that tops the shite that came before, albeit it won’t happen.

8 hours ago, NorthStand10 said:

There’s almost no chance of it happening imo but if we did somehow gain promotion in the play-offs that would make for an interesting situation, would even the biggest anti Dodds supporters change their minds? Surely that tops the shite that came before, albeit it won’t happen.

If he achieves promotion, he’s done his job and deserves to stay on.

If he doesn’t, he leaves.

As simple as that for me. He was hired to get us out of this league, and failure to do so means it would be time to part ways.

17 minutes ago, scottbamby said:

If he achieves promotion, he’s done his job and deserves to stay on.

If he doesn’t, he leaves.

As simple as that for me. He was hired to get us out of this league, and failure to do so means it would be time to part ways.

Maybe I've missed or forgotten this, but where or when has the board come out with such statements? While you (and many other fans) consider that the remit, it doesn't necessarily mean the board do.

We do not know the KPI's for the club, maybe it is promotion or bust, perhaps its play-off's or even stabilisation.

I'm not defending the club or advocating Dodd's, afterall there are plenty posts where I criticise his tactical decisions and club overall, but just because he's not popular with the support doesn't mean narcissists like SG will act outwith personal best interests.

11 hours ago, NorthStand10 said:

Getting promoted through the playoffs still wouldn't be enough to erase all the poor spells for me. Maybe if we win the league outright, or the Scottish Cup. But any goodwill is long gone. 

My predition for new deal for Dodds based on season outcomes:

Win the league - Obviously new deal then and frankly, if we win the league from this position he'll deserve it and should win manager of the year.

Promoted through play-offs - Same as above, without manager of the year.

Reach play-offs but eliminated - Board will say that he got us into a play off but the injury crisis meant we couldn't get it over the line.

Challenge for play offs but miss out - Again, the injury crisis will be cast up.

Miss play-offs by miles but clear of relegation - Again, injury crisis, injury crisis but think he would likely be let go in these circumstances

Stay up but in relegation fight - I think he'll be let go in this circumstance.

Stay up but via relegation play off win - Paradoxically this might mean he stays, a big win at the end of the season might be used to justify it.

Relegated - Dodds leaves.

Last season Dodds was saved by a strong finish to the season and Shane Sutherland playing like a man possessed. We started off ridiculously good winning something like 6 out of 7 games to start the season. Then the period of 13 games without a win (imo any other team would’ve punted him at this point). 

This seasons just been dross, two pumpings from Partick, a doing from Morton on the tv and the QP game in November where it was 2-1 going on 6-1 where we had 18 (eighteen) percent possession. 

The only possible way I see him staying is if he gets promotion somehow, if he’s offered another deal without that then it shows how out of touch the board are with the fans. 

Feeling very “meh” towards the club as a whole right now. If we get a doing from Livi then I can’t see myself going to many games the rest of the season.